PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed III

thebearjew324
12-05-2011, 05:21 PM
So, like everyone else, I was a little disappointed with the lack of 'revelations' at the end of the new game. I think Ubisoft is leading up to something big, but am also worried that AC3 will be the end. Ubisoft said they want this game to be the end of Desmond's storyline. My theory is the next game will be in Russia (like in The Fall), but I'd like to see what others think. I think AC3 should be longer than AC2 and introduce a new assasin, with a plot as rich as Ezio Auditore's was. When the 'world ends' in AC, where will they go from there?

S-EVANS
12-05-2011, 05:28 PM
its been confirmed im told that theres another ancestor in the next game, and i know from researching on the internet that the development team consider the possiblitys of character development as huge and this alone i think i would place money on the next one not being the last one....

UrDeviant1
12-05-2011, 05:28 PM
I wasn't disappointed In what secrets were revealed In Revelations and I don't think the world is really going to end In any future AC titles. I like the Idea of Russia though, It's got a lot of good history that could tie in with the franchise. Also I don't thing they can bring In a new ancestor and have his plot as rich as Ezio's was In just one game.

rileypoole1234
12-05-2011, 05:30 PM
The world won't end. Desmond will stop it in AC3(with the help of a new ancestor in a new setting.Desmond's story will end, and another persons will most likely begin.

ProdiGurl
12-05-2011, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by S-EVANS:
its been confirmed im told that theres another ancestor in the next game, and i know from researching on the internet that the development team consider the possiblitys of character development as huge and this alone i think i would place money on the next one not being the last one....

Interesting, I kinda thought this might happen w/ AC3 -
I think it will be very different. . I'm pretty sure they left things mostly the same to finish off the Ezio Trilogy and AC3 may go off in a fresh new direction entirely.
I'm game for that, but I DO love alot about what's been added in ACR & hope they continue some of it.

I'm sure I'll like whatever they do as long as the Protagonist is memorable.
If I don't connect w/ my lead Character, a game loses alot for me.

SolidSage
12-05-2011, 05:47 PM
I think AC3 ties up Dezzy and then we're on to a new approach, maybe random protagonists and ancestors. Like GTA.

And on that note, after 3, AC has as much chance of 'ending/stopping' as Rezi Evils, Metal Gears, Splinter Cell or GTA. Its a FRANCHISE yo, open ended. Long ad we buy, they make. Get some.

OculusRed
12-05-2011, 05:48 PM
Actually it was only confirmed that Ezio's story was over. The whole point of Desmond was that he was the end result of the lines of many different great assassins. Hence why Ezio is not a descendent of Altair but both are ancestors of Desmond. So he's staying for sure. Granted, I haven't played Revelations yet, no spoilers please, but having seen Embers, I'm leaning towards China as the new setting for Assassin's Creed III. They need to inject some new life into the series anyway and that gives them plenty opportunities to mix things up.

UrDeviant1
12-05-2011, 06:08 PM
Desmond is like, 1 in 10,000,000 when it comes to his high concentration a TWCB blood. So it's plausible to think that AC3 will be his final chapter and will lead the way for another modern day assassin. After all, Altair and Ezio were really just a tool for us to better understand the plot, so maybe Desmond is also just another story to tell along the way In what could be a long lasting franchise with many new characters, past and present. I think that kinda makes sense http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

ProdiGurl
12-05-2011, 06:16 PM
I think it's very easy to write in another Desmond & a whole story about how they find another person who has a key bloodline . . this could go on and on to set up new characters along the way.
The story's pretty deep, so it could take alot of twists & turns. A good writer can pretty much set up anything and I think they have really good writers.

But I do think AC3 will be a real different game than what we've been used to with Ezio.

UrDeviant1
12-05-2011, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:

But I do think AC3 will be a real different game than what we've been used to with Ezio.

I'm counting on it. Would be a breath of fresh air. As long as TOO much isn't changed.

OculusRed
12-05-2011, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
I think it's very easy to write in another Desmond & a whole story about how they find another person who has a key bloodline . . this could go on and on to set up new characters along the way.
The story's pretty deep, so it could take alot of twists & turns. A good writer can pretty much set up anything and I think they have really good writers.

But I do think AC3 will be a real different game than what we've been used to with Ezio. I agree on your last point, but Desmond was conceived of as being unique. There's a reason he's special. The whole original conception of the series was to go through the stories of any number of these great old assassins through him, he being the culmination of all the bloodlines of the great assassins. There's no reason to create a new protagonist with him in the picture and it pretty much dismantles the importance of his role. They could do it, but there's no reason to.

OculusRed
12-05-2011, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by UrDeviant1:
Desmond is like, 1 in 10,000,000 when it comes to his high concentration a TWCB blood. So it's plausible to think that AC3 will be his final chapter and will lead the way for another modern day assassin. After all, Altair and Ezio were really just a tool for us to better understand the plot, so maybe Desmond is also just another story to tell along the way In what could be a long lasting franchise with many new characters, past and present. I think that kinda makes sense http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif I really think Desmond is here to stay for the foreseeable future. Desmond isn't 1 in 10,000,000, he's one of a kind.

thebearjew324
12-05-2011, 06:33 PM
The problem with them moving on to a new ancestor is that in any year before 1511, advanced stuff like in Revelations won't exist yet. Ubisoft always likes adding new gear, so they would have to go to a time after Ezio.

UrDeviant1
12-05-2011, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by OculusRed:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProdiGurl:

But I do think AC3 will be a real different game than what we've been used to with Ezio. I agree on your last point, but Desmond was conceived of as being unique. There's a reason he's special. The whole original conception of the series was to go through the stories of any number of these great old assassins through him, he being the culmination of all the bloodlines of the great assassins. There's no reason to create a new protagonist with him in the picture and it pretty much dismantles the importance of his role. They could do it, but there's no reason to. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's no reason to YET but the fact it's a possibility means a future game could bring In a new modern day protagonist. Desmond isn't really unique, there are others out there like him, it just makes him rare.

OculusRed
12-05-2011, 06:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OculusRed:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProdiGurl:

But I do think AC3 will be a real different game than what we've been used to with Ezio. I agree on your last point, but Desmond was conceived of as being unique. There's a reason he's special. The whole original conception of the series was to go through the stories of any number of these great old assassins through him, he being the culmination of all the bloodlines of the great assassins. There's no reason to create a new protagonist with him in the picture and it pretty much dismantles the importance of his role. They could do it, but there's no reason to. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's no reason to YET but the fact it's a possibility means a future game could bring In a new modern day protagonist. Desmond isn't really unique, there are others out there like him, it just makes him rare. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>He really is unique though. Or otherwise so rare that finding another like him would be next to impossible for either the Templars or Assassins to track down. A new modern day protagonist just isn't terribly likely.

LightRey
12-05-2011, 06:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OculusRed:

There's no reason to YET but the fact it's a possibility means a future game could bring In a new modern day protagonist. Desmond isn't really unique, there are others out there like him, it just makes him rare. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, focusing purely on his TWCB DNA, there should be about 700 others like him out there. I'd say that's pretty rare. Especially if you consider how slim the chances are that one of those 700 is also an Assassin.

UrDeviant1
12-05-2011, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by UrDeviant1:

There's no reason to YET but the fact it's a possibility means a future game could bring In a new modern day protagonist. Desmond isn't really unique, there are others out there like him, it just makes him rare. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, focusing purely on his TWCB DNA, there should be about 700 others like him out there. I'd say that's pretty rare. Especially if you consider how slim the chances are that one of those 700 is also an Assassin. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup, exactly, rare but not unique. What you said makes me wonder If the Templar's or Assassins know a way to find people with high concentrated TWCB blood.

LightRey
12-05-2011, 07:11 PM
Yup, exactly, rare but not unique. What you said makes me wonder If the Templar's or Assassins know a way to find people with high concentrated TWCB blood.
Even then. There could very well be more to Desmond than just his TWCB DNA. It could simply be that he's "coincidentally" always in the right place at the right time.

SolidSage
12-05-2011, 11:03 PM
Desmond's tale may just be about how he saved the world from a solar flare, and was of the Assassin order. Doesn't mran he has to be the one to unravel the TWCB mysteries, or end the Teamplar/Assassin war.

How many subjects were there in just that one Templar facility? How many more were still free, doing their thing modern style?

Maybe Des IS the most special, and you're right Occulus, unecessary to replace.

Black_Widow9
12-06-2011, 02:00 AM
Hello and welcome to the Forums http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
Please use the Find button to search for previously created Topics. Here's one for you.
Assassin's Creed 3 (and beyond) #2.0 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/6831010868)
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>