PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial ACB FAQ [Spoilers Alert]

germanosz
01-02-2011, 07:59 AM
This FAQ contains end-game spoilers. Subject 16's puzzles aren't included yet.
Most of these answers are not officially confirmed and are mere speculations.

Q: What is the red path?
A: Only theories, no known answer yet. One of the theories says that it's Lucy's footprints. Another one simply states that the path only illustrates a shape similar to the DNA's shape, and is therefor nothing more than an Easter Egg. Yet another one mentions the Shroud (PoE #36 or #66, revives dead persons)
Please note that it certainly isn't someone from the past (such as Ezio) since the red trail does NOT exist when you first come to the Villa. There's a thread about it with screenshots, but I can't find it.
A: Probably to write down the message that will lead Desmond to the Apple (1419, 1420, 1421). He *might* be looking at Altair's statue not because he wants anything in particular, but because of sadness (Reminder: the Villa was destroyed by Cesare)
Q: Who is William M.?
A: A member of the Assassin Order, who acted as a contact for the Assassin teams spread throughout the world. He regularly kept the teams informed about the situation of the others. (Source: AC Wiki)
Q: Subject 16 & Desmond Miles: Brothers?
A: It is certain they have blood relations between each other, since they have the same ancestors. They aren't necessary brothers, tho.
A: Until now, it means nothing. The same logo was seen in AC1, on the wall of Desmond's room. It doesn't mean that you're changing the past: you're only reliving the past. It could mean that, because of the human-1stcivilization war, everything has changed. Of course, we could make theories till tomorrow.
Q: 6th sense?
A: Knowledge. The 1st civilization created the human beings with only 5 senses, without the 6th, knowledge. If humanity has *some* now, it's because the 1st civilization, in an attempt to pass out the 6th sense to the humans, tried to pass it on through the blood.
Juno says (after talking about the 6th sense):
"The cross darkens the horizon, The Path must be opened, the scales must be balanced" (the cross is clearly a reference to the Templars)
Then, as Desmond tries to resist:
"You know so very little. We must guide you!"
Once Lucy is dead:"It is Done"
This is only a theory, but it seems that Lucy is a Templar.
Some people say that Desmond stabbed Lucy in her stomach either to kill her baby (if any) or to make her barren. IMHO, that doesn't make much sense, but who knows?
Please note that Lucy's death is not certain. Therefor, she might not be a Templar, but only a way to lead Desmond to the 6th sense. Actually, Al Mualim stabbed Altair in AC1 (which made him unconscious for a few hours without killing him) in a similar way to Desmond stabbing Lucy.
In one of the Dev diaries, it is said that the ending of ACB would have you guessing who is a Templar and who isn't. Interesting, huh?
A: It is unknown if the voices belong to assassins or templars. But one thing is certain: it's not Lucy, Rebecca or Shaun. Desmond can be heard saying a weak "No.." in response to their will to put him back into the Animus, as he wants to know what happened to his friends.
A: You misheard. Ezio actually says "[...] Mario Auditore led me here" the 1st time and "The apple you stole from Mario Auditore led me here" the second time. It is so because Ubi doesn't want to reveal the theft of the apple too soon.
Q: A satellite is mentioned.. WTH !?
A: The satellite contains one or more POE, and its purpose is to control mankind, and should be launched 72 days after ACB by Abstergo.
Somehow the satellite will make the effect of the POE global, so that Abstergo can control all mankind. Those who can resist the control of the POE (Altair, Ezio, Desmond...) will be eliminated.
It is stated that most likely, if Abstergo fails to launch the satellite by that date, the company will sink due to an incident with a chemical called New Fluoride, causing its funds will be frozen. That's why Abstergo is racing against the clock to launch it, and Assassins to forbid them from doing it.
A: Well, first of all, it won't be necessary named AC3. The ancestor/Desmond might go to France, as the Phrygian cap & the masonic eye come together in the French Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen (remember what Shaun was talking before time froze?). Oh and, it's definitely not going to be a First person, gory shooter, with tons of guns in 2012.

germanosz
01-02-2011, 07:59 AM
This FAQ contains end-game spoilers. Subject 16's puzzles aren't included yet.
Most of these answers are not officially confirmed and are mere speculations.

Q: What is the red path?
A: Only theories, no known answer yet. One of the theories says that it's Lucy's footprints. Another one simply states that the path only illustrates a shape similar to the DNA's shape, and is therefor nothing more than an Easter Egg. Yet another one mentions the Shroud (PoE #36 or #66, revives dead persons)
Please note that it certainly isn't someone from the past (such as Ezio) since the red trail does NOT exist when you first come to the Villa. There's a thread about it with screenshots, but I can't find it.
A: Probably to write down the message that will lead Desmond to the Apple (1419, 1420, 1421). He *might* be looking at Altair's statue not because he wants anything in particular, but because of sadness (Reminder: the Villa was destroyed by Cesare)
Q: Who is William M.?
A: A member of the Assassin Order, who acted as a contact for the Assassin teams spread throughout the world. He regularly kept the teams informed about the situation of the others. (Source: AC Wiki)
Q: Subject 16 & Desmond Miles: Brothers?
A: It is certain they have blood relations between each other, since they have the same ancestors. They aren't necessary brothers, tho.
A: Until now, it means nothing. The same logo was seen in AC1, on the wall of Desmond's room. It doesn't mean that you're changing the past: you're only reliving the past. It could mean that, because of the human-1stcivilization war, everything has changed. Of course, we could make theories till tomorrow.
Q: 6th sense?
A: Knowledge. The 1st civilization created the human beings with only 5 senses, without the 6th, knowledge. If humanity has *some* now, it's because the 1st civilization, in an attempt to pass out the 6th sense to the humans, tried to pass it on through the blood.
Juno says (after talking about the 6th sense):
"The cross darkens the horizon, The Path must be opened, the scales must be balanced" (the cross is clearly a reference to the Templars)
Then, as Desmond tries to resist:
"You know so very little. We must guide you!"
Once Lucy is dead:"It is Done"
This is only a theory, but it seems that Lucy is a Templar.
Some people say that Desmond stabbed Lucy in her stomach either to kill her baby (if any) or to make her barren. IMHO, that doesn't make much sense, but who knows?
Please note that Lucy's death is not certain. Therefor, she might not be a Templar, but only a way to lead Desmond to the 6th sense. Actually, Al Mualim stabbed Altair in AC1 (which made him unconscious for a few hours without killing him) in a similar way to Desmond stabbing Lucy.
In one of the Dev diaries, it is said that the ending of ACB would have you guessing who is a Templar and who isn't. Interesting, huh?
A: It is unknown if the voices belong to assassins or templars. But one thing is certain: it's not Lucy, Rebecca or Shaun. Desmond can be heard saying a weak "No.." in response to their will to put him back into the Animus, as he wants to know what happened to his friends.
A: You misheard. Ezio actually says "[...] Mario Auditore led me here" the 1st time and "The apple you stole from Mario Auditore led me here" the second time. It is so because Ubi doesn't want to reveal the theft of the apple too soon.
Q: A satellite is mentioned.. WTH !?
A: The satellite contains one or more POE, and its purpose is to control mankind, and should be launched 72 days after ACB by Abstergo.
Somehow the satellite will make the effect of the POE global, so that Abstergo can control all mankind. Those who can resist the control of the POE (Altair, Ezio, Desmond...) will be eliminated.
It is stated that most likely, if Abstergo fails to launch the satellite by that date, the company will sink due to an incident with a chemical called New Fluoride, causing its funds will be frozen. That's why Abstergo is racing against the clock to launch it, and Assassins to forbid them from doing it.
A: Well, first of all, it won't be necessary named AC3. The ancestor/Desmond might go to France, as the Phrygian cap & the masonic eye come together in the French Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen (remember what Shaun was talking before time froze?). Oh and, it's definitely not going to be a First person, gory shooter, with tons of guns in 2012.

persiateddy95
01-02-2011, 08:01 AM
At last, an instructive thread was created. Congratulations.

AMuppetMatt
01-02-2011, 08:06 AM
VEERRY nice. I have issues with a couple of the points, but they're only really minor and are mainly the debates and theories that have been posted in other threads to combat a couple of things that you've said.

No complaints, a very nice thread where people can actually go back to square one and be reminded of what we know... not what we THINK we know.

LordWolv
01-02-2011, 08:19 AM
That will help all that are confused. Well done. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

AMuppetMatt
01-02-2011, 08:24 AM
Actually, I've got a question. Where did this Eridito come from? All I know is that he knows the passwords of the other guys you're hiding out with. That's the only time I've seen and heard of/from him. I've checked the AC wiki but that doesn't help me at all. Is he in those comics or what?

slaro
01-02-2011, 08:26 AM
There is just ONE hint to the next game and that is when Shaun is talking about the Phrygian Cap and the Masonic Eye.
Can go many ways and France is the most obvious.

rocketxsurgeon
01-02-2011, 08:47 AM
Good idea of a thread.

Though i have to disagree with the red path part. You can't just tell someone its an Easter egg. Because none of us know what it is. Ubi hasn't said it's an Easter egg, and it could be a crucial element to the next game.

persiateddy95
01-02-2011, 08:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rocketxsurgeon:
Though i have to disagree with the red path part. You can't just tell someone its an Easter egg. Because none of us know what it is. Ubi hasn't said it's an Easter egg, and it could be a crucial element to the next game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by germanosz:
Most of these answers are not officially confirmed and are mere speculations. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It was just meant as another theory.

rileypoole1234
01-02-2011, 08:51 AM
I'm almost 100% sure Desmond says "No" when the man wants to put him back in the Animus.
Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do-TU7mjLZQ
(1:12)
Cheers

germanosz
01-02-2011, 11:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
Though i have to disagree with the red path part. You can't just tell someone its an Easter egg. Because none of us know what it is. Ubi hasn't said it's an Easter egg, and it could be a crucial element to the next game.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
"Another one simply states that the path [...] is therefor nothing more than an Easter Egg", where "one" refers to "theory". I never said it's a fact.
Thanks for your support http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Actually, I've got a question. Where did this Eridito come from? All I know is that he knows the passwords of the other guys you're hiding out with. That's the only time I've seen and heard of/from him. I've checked the AC wiki but that doesn't help me at all. Is he in those comics or what?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'll look into that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">There is just ONE hint to the next game and that is when Shaun is talking about the Phrygian Cap and the Masonic Eye.
Can go many ways and France is the most obvious. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Added. Thanks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rileypoole1234:
I'm almost 100% sure Desmond says "No" when the man wants to put him back in the Animus.
Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do-TU7mjLZQ
(1:12)
Cheers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thank you, updated.

Thanks for every1 for their support.

AMuppetMatt
01-02-2011, 01:42 PM
Great thing this... definitely worth keeping an eye on http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Ass4ssin8me
01-02-2011, 01:55 PM
Great work. Just on the "Lucy could be a Templer" I remember one of the Dev's stating that the ending would have you guessing who is a templar and, who isn't in the Dev diaries. Just thought you could add that to your post.

germanosz
01-03-2011, 01:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Great work. Just on the "Lucy could be a Templer" I remember one of the Dev's stating that the ending would have you guessing who is a templar and, who isn't in the Dev diaries. Just thought you could add that to your post.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I would appreciate a link, but i will add ur note tmrw (probably) anyway, with or without it ^^ Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Anyway, any1 has any info on Eruditio? I remember him from AC1, but I'm not certain about his identity.
Please post here if u think anything can be added to the FAQ as well.

MODs, I'm still requesting a sticky, plx http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

germanosz
01-07-2011, 12:37 PM
I'm bumping this. Now, since I can't think of all questions someone might ask, I need your help.
Ask questions, give answers, help this thread expand -and keep it alive.

RebeccaLH
01-07-2011, 04:42 PM
Out of the animus when you play as desmond i noticed when looking about the room as you go to the shelf near all of the statues of the assassins it goes to first person view, is there a reason for this?

germanosz
01-08-2011, 10:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RebeccaLH:
Out of the animus when you play as desmond i noticed when looking about the room as you go to the shelf near all of the statues of the assassins it goes to first person view, is there a reason for this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
2012 artifacts get placed there. It goes into first view to give you a zoomed-in view of them. ^^

RebeccaLH
01-08-2011, 11:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by germanosz:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RebeccaLH:
Out of the animus when you play as desmond i noticed when looking about the room as you go to the shelf near all of the statues of the assassins it goes to first person view, is there a reason for this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
2012 artifacts get placed there. It goes into first view to give you a zoomed-in view of them. ^^ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oooh right thankyou. I had only found 3.

LaCava1
01-08-2011, 12:53 PM
Kudos to you for making a nice thread, germanosz! And just saying, Desmond might NOT have killed Lucy, but might have made her barren.

germanosz
01-09-2011, 05:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by triforceman5:
Kudos to you for making a nice thread, germanosz! And just saying, Desmond might NOT have killed Lucy, but might have made her barren. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
By stabbing her in her stomach?
Oh and, I already said that Lucy might not be dead:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Please note that Lucy's death is not certain </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WarpSpeed10
01-09-2011, 03:39 PM
No, the blood you see in the present outside the Vila is Ezio's. If you remember, he was bleeding out from the gunshot wound all the way to the Vila.

Which brings up another point. If Desmond can see his ancestor's blood, maybe he can see 16's blood at the end of AC1 because they are related, which would explain why he and Desmond shared some of the same memories of Ezio.

Inorganic9_2
01-09-2011, 03:46 PM
^ wrong. It's not there at the beginning, so it's a new thing. There's also no reason to say it's blood.

LaCava1
01-09-2011, 03:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by triforceman5:
Kudos to you for making a nice thread, germanosz! And just saying, Desmond might NOT have killed Lucy, but might have made her barren. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
By stabbing her in her stomach?
Oh and, I already said that Lucy might not be dead:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Please note that Lucy's death is not certain </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Oh, sorry, didn't see that. But by stabbing her in the lower stomach could damager her... Inside parts. I'm not sure what I can say on this forum, but you know what I'm talking about.

germanosz
01-10-2011, 01:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">No, the blood you see in the present outside the Vila is Ezio's. If you remember, he was bleeding out from the gunshot wound all the way to the Vila.

Which brings up another point. If Desmond can see his ancestor's blood, maybe he can see 16's blood at the end of AC1 because they are related, which would explain why he and Desmond shared some of the same memories of Ezio. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The red trail doesn't exist before sequence 2. So it can't be anyone from the past.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">^ wrong. It's not there at the beginning, so it's a new thing. There's also no reason to say it's blood.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Second part is wrong -the paintings on Desmond's room's wall (in AC1) were done with subject 16's blood.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
Oh, sorry, didn't see that. But by stabbing her in the lower stomach could damager her... Inside parts. I'm not sure what I can say on this forum, but you know what I'm talking about.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Genital organs. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Update v1.2 will include:
[LIST]
<LI> Clarification on the red trail (why it can't be someone from the past)
<LI> Another theory about Lucy -Desmond stabbed her to make her barren or simply to kill her child, if any.
<LI> And, of course, anything we can think of.

AntiChrist7
01-10-2011, 02:10 PM
I don't buy this child thing. stabbing in the abdomen is a common assassin move (if altair assassinates someone from the front, that's the move), because it's very lethal :damaging of the liver.

And where else would he have stabbed her? the chest or head would ave been maybe a bit too brutal for ubisoft (not to mention that you need to move your arm in a strange angle)

germanosz
01-16-2011, 09:43 AM
Here's something that will give you (me too :P) something to think about:
Al Mualim does the same thing with Altair in AC1 -he stabs him in the stomach, causing a short coma, but keeping him alive.

RedSpider
01-16-2011, 11:18 AM
Why might AC3 not be called AC3? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

germanosz
01-16-2011, 12:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedSpider:
Why might AC3 not be called AC3? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The fourth AC game will only be called AC3 if we're getting another ancestor. If it's still Ezio, then expect a name like AC:Brotherhood (no numbers).

Awe1
01-16-2011, 02:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> The fourth AC game will only be called AC3 if we're getting another ancestor. If it's still Ezio, then expect a name like AC:Brotherhood (no numbers). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like Ezio, but I hope the next game has a new character.

elvindrummer
04-06-2011, 01:37 PM
I don't think she was pregnant or was going to be. I think she died and now desmond has to find the ancestor of eve.