PDA

View Full Version : Use of Spanish ports

Bubblehead1948
06-29-2006, 08:27 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif I'm currently running sh Commander.
What can folks tell me about those blue points in Spanish ports? Are they re-supply ships? Can a boat at least refuel there? how about Casablanca in 1941-42? Can one put in and refuel?

Bubblehead1948
06-29-2006, 08:27 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif I'm currently running sh Commander.
What can folks tell me about those blue points in Spanish ports? Are they re-supply ships? Can a boat at least refuel there? how about Casablanca in 1941-42? Can one put in and refuel?

Kaleun1961
06-30-2006, 12:41 PM
Those blue points are moored supply ships in port. You can get resupply of fuel and torpedoes there. All you have to do is approach them just as you would when returning to base. When you are close enough, choose the "dock at" option to end your mission and dock at the resupply ship. It will top up your fuel and torpeodes. I'm not sure if they will fix any damage, as I've never had to put in at one while damaged.

You will not given a new patrol zone when you leave the resupply ship. You will get a null grid zone. Just go out and hunt and then return to your home port. You also won't be able to hand out medals or promotions at the resupply ship. When you get back to your home port you will have your log updated and be able to assign medals, promotions and send crew for qualifications.

Carotio
06-30-2006, 02:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kaleun1961:
I'm not sure if they will fix any damage, as I've never had to put in at one while damaged. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think they will repair, but you can't upgrade!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You will not given a new patrol zone when you leave the resupply ship. You will get a null grid zone. Just go out and hunt and then return to your home port. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You may edit your last save file in your documents folder= Patrols_0.cfg, shroll down to the PatrolArea=NULL and change to whatever, at least this has to be done after returning to home port if having used a milk cow!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You also won't be able to hand out medals or promotions at the resupply ship. When you get back to your home port you will have your log updated and be able to assign medals, promotions and send crew for qualifications. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I do think you will get this option! Only impossible thing is upgrading the boat!

Kaleun1961
06-30-2006, 03:19 PM
Nice one. Glad that I am wrong about that last point.

Bubblehead1948
06-30-2006, 07:03 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Excellent. Just what I wanted to know.

Thank you all.