PDA

View Full Version : Da plane boss....da PLANE !!!

diemax
04-02-2007, 02:02 PM
Do they ever stop ?

I have an IXC boat with 2 light and 1 heavy flak gun.

My crew makes real good work of any aircraft. Last patrol I nailed 19 and took very little damage. Amazing in my opinion... medals for all them !

But I noticed that no matter how many planes I shot down... they just kept coming. I had to submerge, change course and pop up in a new spot in order to shake them. Will the planes ever stop... or will I run out of ammo long before ?

diemax
04-02-2007, 02:02 PM
Do they ever stop ?

I have an IXC boat with 2 light and 1 heavy flak gun.

My crew makes real good work of any aircraft. Last patrol I nailed 19 and took very little damage. Amazing in my opinion... medals for all them !

But I noticed that no matter how many planes I shot down... they just kept coming. I had to submerge, change course and pop up in a new spot in order to shake them. Will the planes ever stop... or will I run out of ammo long before ?

diemax
04-02-2007, 02:03 PM
forgot to mention. Using stock 1.4b version. (with sub commander 2.7)

Foehammer-1
04-02-2007, 02:19 PM
It helps to turn your radar off. If they have a bead on you, submerge and sail at slow speed for a couple hours. That should shake them. And if it doesn't, move away from their shore

geoffwessex
04-02-2007, 02:32 PM
I had an almost realistic event on my last patrol - VIIc, March 1941, stock SH3. Went in to attack a coastal merchant with my gun. Slowed him down and was nearly finishing him off when I noticed another ship on the horizon - checked UZO and found it was a Flower corvette steaming in to me, firing its gun. Changed my target to the corvette and (because the VIIc gun reloads quicker than the corvette's) plastered it until it go to about 50 meters and about to ram. I steered in his direction at the last moment and watched as it disintegrated.

Then I turned back to the merchant and finished her off with about four more shells, but not before four Hurricanes had turned up and started bombing me. (I don't have radar yet and wouldn't have used it anyway). Then it really started to warm up! Firstly, my flak Warrant Officer got a Hurricane, and hit another, and I avoided getting bombed - well, almost - something (a/c cannon I expect) killed my gunnery WO and my flak WO and I took a bit of damage, but once repaired I went deep and scuttled away.

Stange patrol - I sunk six more merchants (none in a convoy and only two of them together) but three C2s needed 3 torpedo hits each and I also had four torpedo failures. All around the south of Ireland, BE/BF. Still, 38,000 tons, including the corvette, plus a Hurricane - mustn't grumble.

U301
04-02-2007, 04:43 PM
Well done! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif
KUrtz

AtlantikEel
04-06-2007, 12:44 AM
I once closed on a C2 cargo ship in the Irish Sea (in stock SH3). Just as I was getting lined up for a shot with one of my last two torpedoes, I heard aircraft engines, and ordered my flak gunner to "engage aircraft".....
...... nothing happened!

Why?

It was the Luftwaffe! Two Junkers 88's, and they dive bombed the C2!
They started fires on the C2, but failed to sink it, so I fired a coup-de-grace and received credit for the sinking.

I anticipate that with GWX 1.03 I will be seeing the Luftwaffe out at sea more often (at least the Condors).

danurve
04-06-2007, 07:16 AM
No, they won't stop basicaly.
It is alot like the planes being coyotes, and your boat being prey to them of sorts. They will hunt you down unless you dive, and peck and peck nip nip naww snip bite and drain you u till you are too wounded or slip up. Then they will eat you alive.
When I played the stock game plus a few lite mods shooting planes was alot of fun. Now playing WAC there's usually no chance for the boat unless it's maybe a swordfish or a pby. And I get the dual flak. Otherwise hit the gas and dive.

klcarroll
04-06-2007, 07:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Why?

It was the Luftwaffe! Two Junkers 88's,..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now that's odd! .....My gunners are more than willing to shoot down Luftwaffe aircraft. (...maybe too much time hanging around with Socko! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif)