PDA

View Full Version : BoB?

SpitfireSeafire
02-02-2005, 02:33 PM
Even though I am new to this community I have heard plenty of talk about BoB. Is this another expansion to the il2... franchise, like PF is? Or is it a totally unrelated game? Also, does it have a site/screenshots I can see?

P.S. Any release estimates? (not pressuring anybody, I need to start saving)

SpitfireSeafire
02-02-2005, 02:33 PM
Even though I am new to this community I have heard plenty of talk about BoB. Is this another expansion to the il2... franchise, like PF is? Or is it a totally unrelated game? Also, does it have a site/screenshots I can see?

P.S. Any release estimates? (not pressuring anybody, I need to start saving)

Jasko76
02-02-2005, 02:39 PM
Yes, it's a game of its own. Have no idea when it will be released. This year, next year?

SpitfireSeafire
02-02-2005, 02:41 PM
So you won't be able to use BoB planes on pacific maps or fun stuff like that?

Jasko76
02-02-2005, 02:42 PM
Most likely not. BoB will be much more graphically advanced, and completely uncompatible with the old Il-2 engine. For better or worse.

Chivas
02-02-2005, 02:44 PM
There are two BOB's

!. A remake of Rowens BOB by Shockwave{Gmax)? BOB Wings of Victory. Slated for early this year.

2. OLeg's BOB yet unnamed, on a new engine unrelated to FB/PF. It was slated for early 2005 but delayed because of PF. There were early screenshots before PF but none since, other than some 3rd party add-ons. There has been no word on Oleg's BOB for some time.

SpitfireSeafire
02-02-2005, 02:47 PM
Would oleg's BoB start another chain of games similiar to il-2s?

Jasko76
02-02-2005, 02:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SpitfireSeafire:
Would oleg's BoB start another chain of games similiar to il-2s? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Any fortune telleres out there?

Just relax and wait for the game. None of us knows any more than you do, trust me. And those who do, won't tell.

Chuck_Older
02-02-2005, 03:01 PM
Oleg Maddox, on BoB: http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

"I would say we will have way less aircraft in the intial release of BoB. Simply becasue of more detialed things for each aircraft modeling.... Which means time and resources that we may spend for that modeling.

However we will expand the BoB by the way as it is done with the PF... means install stand alone new sim or install this new sim over BoB and to get new experinece....

This is more life-able idea... and for more longer life of the sim on the market...

As well as we like to go by two branches - Single + online with linmited online features and only online sim branch simultaniosly, where on dedicated server will be new events and wars regulating by developer/publisher. It is jut an idea for you in which way we directed now. Not all may happen, but it is ideal thing for which we force all our resources in future, where you will be able to control not only the planes."

Now, if you read that, and get around Oleg's roundabout way of saying it,'expand the BoB by the way as it is done with the PF' means that BoB will be expanded much like the FB series, ie: with a product like PF

Taken logically, I would be shocked if updates and patches weren't planned for BoB in a similar fashion to FB

Taylortony
02-02-2005, 03:24 PM
It may well do as it is a completely new engine.

there used to be wip pictures on the main site but they seem to have gone now..

Chivas
02-02-2005, 05:55 PM
The Original plan was to produce BOB on a completely new engine followed by the other major theaters. MAW was rumored to be the next theater to follow BOB. This would be dependent on the sales of BOB, and each successive Theater.