PDA

View Full Version : hey i have a question

Anti_Ship_Fella
07-14-2007, 02:23 PM
what id better il-2 sturmovik demo or the il-2 forgotten battles demo?and is it possible to make your own skins in the demo?

Anti_Ship_Fella
07-14-2007, 02:23 PM
what id better il-2 sturmovik demo or the il-2 forgotten battles demo?and is it possible to make your own skins in the demo?

WOLFPLAYER2007
07-14-2007, 02:25 PM
its better you get the full game!

Anti_Ship_Fella
07-14-2007, 02:29 PM
its a replacement til i get the full game
but answer my question plz

Waldo.Pepper
07-14-2007, 02:40 PM
I do not think that there is a Forgotten Battles demo. So the question is moot.

Anti_Ship_Fella
07-14-2007, 02:45 PM
and is it possible to make your own skins in il-2 sturmovik demo?

VMF-214_HaVoK
07-14-2007, 02:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Anti_Ship_Fella:
and is it possible to make your own skins in il-2 sturmovik demo? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im quite sure you can but it has been 6 years and my memory is lacking on the demo. But to you self a huge favor and pick up the IL2 1946 DVD which will give you everything this sim has to offer.

S!

Xiolablu3
07-14-2007, 03:03 PM
There is onnly an absolutely ancient IL2 demo which will bare little resembelence to the most recent version IL2 1946 v4.08.

I would give the demo a miss and wait till youget the full game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

If you insist on downloading the demo, dont think its anything like IL2 1946 is now, it will look extremely dated. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Skycat_2
07-14-2007, 03:04 PM
The demo history, as I recall, was that there was an early one for IL-2 Sturmovik and then that one was improved a little before Forgotten Battles. I think the 'FB demo' is in reality the second demo, so my guess is that it is 'better.'

Right before Forgotten Battles was released in 2003, there was a video released where the developer, Oleg Maddox, and Ian Boys were explaining the new features at a trade show. Somebody in the audience asked Oleg if there would be a demo for Forgotten Battles. Oleg smiled and replied (paraphrased), "I think that 'IL-2 Sturmovik' is the demo."

Based on that comment, I'll take an educated guess that the demos do not have customizable skins except perhaps in multi-player mode. This was the way it was in the full IL-2 Sturmovik game. Even if they are, the resolution would very likely be limited to the lower resolution of the original game; Forgotten Battles not only introduced the ability to customize planes in single-player mode but also higher resolution skins in general. Some of the plane models were completely redone. In general I don't you'd find very many skins available for download that would be compatible with the demo version, even if you can customize skins in the demo.

Anti_Ship_Fella
07-14-2007, 04:44 PM
but is the flight model same like in 1946

VW-IceFire
07-14-2007, 05:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Anti_Ship_Fella:
but is the flight model same like in 1946 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No...that old flight model was great at the time but compared to the current one its missing some of the details and feeling that you get with the new one.

Its a good demo...it got me started...but be prepared for a rude awakening when you start up IL-2 1946 and realize that its a bit more to handle the plane at first than in the old IL2 demo.

DKoor
07-14-2007, 06:10 PM
I like the raw feeling of a demo.....plus it has nice sound.