PDA

View Full Version : OT: Paypal

Avont29
02-01-2007, 04:03 PM
hello

umm, im trying to sell some of my merchandise over the internet, i've created a PayPal Premier Account under my name, and only for me. I assume paypal works like this: you put in a ban accout number or of some sort, and anyone trying to buy the merchandise, the money is wired to the account. Well i have my account is setup, but it says unverified. So it probally wants me to put my ban account number in or something. I'm 16 and i DO have my own bank account, just gotta ask my mom for the info on it. But once i do that will everything be set up? is there some kind of documentation or something. thanks i advance

Avont29
02-01-2007, 04:03 PM
hello

umm, im trying to sell some of my merchandise over the internet, i've created a PayPal Premier Account under my name, and only for me. I assume paypal works like this: you put in a ban accout number or of some sort, and anyone trying to buy the merchandise, the money is wired to the account. Well i have my account is setup, but it says unverified. So it probally wants me to put my ban account number in or something. I'm 16 and i DO have my own bank account, just gotta ask my mom for the info on it. But once i do that will everything be set up? is there some kind of documentation or something. thanks i advance

Monterey13
02-01-2007, 04:07 PM
Once they have your bank account info, it will take a few days for them to confirm it, then it will be "verified". Doesn't take long.

Snodrvr
02-01-2007, 04:11 PM
I think it works something like that, That once you have a credit card number or a bank account number tied in it becomes verified, There should be a FAQ or something on the Paypal website that explains it.

Just be careful using Paypal, A lot of people are getting burned by it nowadays. Because it's not legally a bank, they don't have to abide by many of the laws regarding money transfers.

I've heard horror stories of people selling items and shipping them, only to have Paypal hold payment or withdraw money from the account because the buyer claimed fraud.

As with anything involving money, be careful and remember, if it smells fishy, It probably is.

FluffyDucks2
02-01-2007, 04:31 PM
Utter BOLLOX.
This is how people end up burned at the stake...if you are gonna spread BS stories at least make sure yoou are quoting FACTS rather than hysterical GOSSIP.
Paypal verifies your account by sending money into your account and then asking you to tell them HOW MUCH they sent you.
It is pretty much foolproof and a VERY safe way to do business, anyone that says otherwise BETTER have FIRST HAND accounts rather than "my uncles third cousin twice removed with the twelve toes said so" BS http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

DuxCorvan
02-01-2007, 04:59 PM
Well, I don't know in your country, Avont29, but most countries let people under age -normally 18- to have bank accounts under their names, but they just can't manage them: one of their parents -or a legal tutor- must do it for them on their behalf.

This means you have no civil rights to oblige yourself or your money thru PayPal transactions or even to stablish a selling contract in your own name: you must have your mum signing and obliging herself in your name -she being the responsible one for all your legal acts.

That may be a source of problems. That IS sure a source of problems, young one.