PDA

View Full Version : Help with x-45 throttle

blackpulpit1970
05-15-2006, 07:24 AM
Hello all, i have an x-45 throttle that i use, but, know it seems to be acting weird. When i move the throttle up it goes up halfway before it gives my plane power and the power starts at 60 and goes to 110. I cant go down to say 30 or so and this greatly affects my flying. I calibrated it and everything,but, it didnt help. Any way to fix this or do i need to buy another throttle?

blackpulpit1970
05-15-2006, 07:24 AM
Hello all, i have an x-45 throttle that i use, but, know it seems to be acting weird. When i move the throttle up it goes up halfway before it gives my plane power and the power starts at 60 and goes to 110. I cant go down to say 30 or so and this greatly affects my flying. I calibrated it and everything,but, it didnt help. Any way to fix this or do i need to buy another throttle?

Bearcat99
05-15-2006, 07:40 AM
Did you use the software to see what is happening? Also check your stick settings in the sim... perhaps you accidentally altered them.. I did that once.... the post could be going south too.. how old is the stick? I would call Saitek before I got a new one. They have pretty decent CS.

blackpulpit1970
05-15-2006, 07:59 AM
How would i check the software for something like that bearcat? Do i need to just open up the software and is there a section that i should go to? thanks for the help mate. The stick is a year old, but, lots of use has been done to it.

Bearcat99
05-15-2006, 08:06 AM
Look at this (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/49310655/m/5291035934) thread. IL2 sticks is a great utility DL it and also go here (http://www.airwarfare.com/tech/sticks.htm) and read the article on joysticks. Hope that helps. Of course your pots could be fubar too... how old is the stick?

blackpulpit1970
05-15-2006, 08:13 AM
Well its not my joystick because i use CH stick and the x-45 throttle. It is the throttle that is acting up and its a year old, i will try to go into the saitek profiler and see if i can fix it there.

Taylortony
05-15-2006, 03:13 PM
did you calibrate it in the saitek one in windows or throught the game in set up, heard this years ago that it wouldnt calibrate properly in windows but was sorted doing it through the game set up....

go in windows start
all programs
ubisoft folder
last window
set up in there
in set up joystick
and try to calibrate it there.