PDA

View Full Version : a new problem :(

fordfan25
10-31-2004, 03:42 PM
ok i have uninstalled FB+AEP+PF and installed just PF. now in the campaigns the aircraft carriers will not fire there AA guns how ever the game stutters like crazy. in F.B on same settings i get about 50fps. now in quick mission with only me in the air im geting 6 fps.
seems one problem gets half a$$ed fixed and two more pop up. any ideas any one.

Korolov
10-31-2004, 04:02 PM
What are you system specs - and post your opengl settings from conf.ini

fordfan25
10-31-2004, 04:52 PM
sometimes when i start the game it works fine other times it has low fps for no resone.

specs:300064@2.0gig, asusk8vmobo, 1gig kingstonpc3200, 9500pro128m, 430truepower antech

TexQual=3
TexMipFilter=2
TexCompress=0
TexFlags.UseDither=1
TexFlags.UseAlpha=0
TexFlags.UseIndex=0
TexFlags.PolygonStipple=1
TexFlags.UseClampedSprites=0
TexFlags.DrawLandByTriangles=1
TexFlags.UseVertexArrays=1
TexFlags.DisableAPIExtensions=0
TexFlags.ARBMultitextureExt=1
TexFlags.TexEnvCombineExt=1
TexFlags.SecondaryColorExt=1
TexFlags.VertexArrayExt=1
TexFlags.ClipHintExt=0
TexFlags.UsePaletteExt=0
TexFlags.TexAnisotropicExt=1
TexFlags.TexCompressARBExt=1

TexFlags.TexEnvCombine4NV=1
TexFlags.TexEnvCombineDot3=1
TexFlags.DepthClampNV=1
TexFlags.SeparateSpecular=1
TexFlags.TextureShaderNV=1

HardwareShaders=1

Shadows=2
Specular=2
SpecularLight=2
DiffuseLight=2
DynamicalLights=1
MeshDetail=2
VisibilityDistance=3

Sky=2
Forest=2
LandShading=3
LandDetails=2

LandGeom=2
TexLarge=1
TexLandQual=3
TexLandLarge=1

VideoSetupId=3
Water=0
Effects=0
ForceShaders1x=0

PolygonOffsetFactor=-0.15
PolygonOffsetUnits=-3.0

Okumiya
10-31-2004, 05:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fordfan25:
ok i have uninstalled FB+AEP+PF and installed just PF. now in the campaigns the aircraft carriers will not fire there AA guns how ever the game stutters like crazy. in F.B on same settings i get about 50fps. now in quick mission with only me in the air im geting 6 fps.
seems one problem gets half a$$ed fixed and two more pop up. any ideas any one. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

how was the FB+AEP+PF running , my FB+AEP runs just great, i have PF installed as stand alone but it is a bit choppy when around ships and there AAA or flack and especially in the single mission pearl Harbor , i have been thinking of installing PF as an add on , but will it make my FB+AEP run choppy also,

Athosd
10-31-2004, 05:45 PM
I installed PF over FB:Aces and the frame rates and general performance are much the same as before. However the game does take a bit longer to load up from the desktop (maybe an extra 20-30 seconds).

Carriers not firing their AAA sounds like one of the interim changes included in the DGEN 3.11 beta (if so then this should only occur in DGEN campaign missions).

Salute

Athos

fordfan25
10-31-2004, 06:20 PM
FB+AEP+PF ran very well just the ships in the campaigns would not defend them selves. i have installed the beta dgen thing in my FB+AEP+PF but it did not help with the ship AAA problem.

Athosd
10-31-2004, 06:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fordfan25:
FB+AEP+PF ran very well just the ships in the campaigns would not defend them selves. i have installed the beta dgen thing in my FB+AEP+PF but it did not help with the ship AAA problem. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, I meant that DGEN 3.11 beta turned off carrier AAA - as an interim measure to improve performance. I believe its supposed to leave other ship types active.

I suspect its due to the DGEN setting the sleep property for the carriers in missions it creates. If so then any mission you make in QMB or FMB (and the single missions) without "sleeping" ships will throw up heaps of AAA.

Cheers

Athos

fordfan25
10-31-2004, 08:09 PM
the thing is i was haveing that prob before and after i installed the patch with FB+AEP+PF but now with the PF only install all ships fire AAA but i get random low fps. maby im not understanding what you mean. wich is very posable seeing as i have the intel of a carrot lol.

Korolov
10-31-2004, 09:58 PM
Change "HardwareShaders=1" to "HardwareShaders=0" and see what that does.

fordfan25
10-31-2004, 10:06 PM
how much does that effect the look of the game? the last two times iv played the game the FPS has stayed normal. in combat 37 fps. ill test some more to see if it starts messing up again. i think i might need to spray the CD with some RAID lol

Korolov
10-31-2004, 10:59 PM
Not by much, if you're using OpenGL. You don't have perfect water turned on so it won't really look much different. There might be some minor discrepancies but it should run faster without hardware shaders.

fordfan25
11-01-2004, 07:26 AM
alright, ill give her a try.