PDA

View Full Version : PC additions ideas. (i wish the devs could take a look here)

adarwinter
03-06-2008, 03:11 AM
i dont know how the PC version is different than the console version besides the new side missions but i know that the console version are said to be too easy.
its like the challenge comes from the quantity and not the quality of the AI.

what i wish for the PC version is a way to make the game harder for a second go through.
if there was a way to unlock a mode where all the guards in every city are tougher (gold helmets and above in damascus, for example) than playing the game would be different since players will find it harder to just fight against 30 guards and will need to run away more.

maybe a way to unlock a mode where altair's health is limited to a smaller number of synch-bars. i love completing every little side quest a game provides and i read that u can increase altai's health by saving citizens but this sounds like i will doom myself to a really easy game, which no one wants. having vigilantes is already unbalanced (why wouldnt the guards punch vigilantes so they can keep chasing altair? why all they do is struggle with them forever? its way too easy to go through a group of vigilantes and kill all the guards while they struggle the citizens) so i dont think a player needs any more help from saving citizens.

if the code of the game will be , at least, easily modifiable so ppl can creat mods or change things in the files to have a greater challenge than i think that the community will take care of making the game harder (like the community did with almost every shooter).
its like in r6:vegas i had the ability to modefy each weapon to make them more deadly or less accurate to add for the challenge or to differentiate SMGs from ARs, or change the fuze for nades and such.
if changing ini files will be possible to modify aspects of AC than it will be great.

UBI, please think of the community and our desire to have a challenging game, to have a second playthrough that can be different than the 1st and MOD the game a bit.
i dont think this is too much to ask for.

adarwinter
03-06-2008, 03:11 AM
i dont know how the PC version is different than the console version besides the new side missions but i know that the console version are said to be too easy.
its like the challenge comes from the quantity and not the quality of the AI.

what i wish for the PC version is a way to make the game harder for a second go through.
if there was a way to unlock a mode where all the guards in every city are tougher (gold helmets and above in damascus, for example) than playing the game would be different since players will find it harder to just fight against 30 guards and will need to run away more.

maybe a way to unlock a mode where altair's health is limited to a smaller number of synch-bars. i love completing every little side quest a game provides and i read that u can increase altai's health by saving citizens but this sounds like i will doom myself to a really easy game, which no one wants. having vigilantes is already unbalanced (why wouldnt the guards punch vigilantes so they can keep chasing altair? why all they do is struggle with them forever? its way too easy to go through a group of vigilantes and kill all the guards while they struggle the citizens) so i dont think a player needs any more help from saving citizens.

if the code of the game will be , at least, easily modifiable so ppl can creat mods or change things in the files to have a greater challenge than i think that the community will take care of making the game harder (like the community did with almost every shooter).
its like in r6:vegas i had the ability to modefy each weapon to make them more deadly or less accurate to add for the challenge or to differentiate SMGs from ARs, or change the fuze for nades and such.
if changing ini files will be possible to modify aspects of AC than it will be great.

UBI, please think of the community and our desire to have a challenging game, to have a second playthrough that can be different than the 1st and MOD the game a bit.
i dont think this is too much to ask for.

Keksus
03-06-2008, 04:49 AM
The AI of the PC Version is better than the AI in the console version. I think wiss will make the things harder http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

adarwinter
03-06-2008, 05:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keksus:
The AI of the PC Version is better than the AI in the console version. I think wiss will make the things harder http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how do u know that, mate?
did u hear this from someone who tried both versions?

Achillles102
03-06-2008, 02:04 PM
i have both versions (xbox 360 and pc) and honestly i don't rly see much difference. The only difference are the investigation missions, there are 4 new ones but they get pretty boring after a while aswell... the graphics are the same. so people who think they might better graphics with the pc version, don't count on it. I'm running the game everything maxed out and i don't see a single difference between the 360 graphics and the pc one.

But then again who knows maybe they will release some patches, that might change a few things in the pc version . It does load quicker though, so that's a good thing about the pc version. Anyway it's still a great game i still enjoy it but i prefer to play it on my 360, it still runs a bit better and the controlls are easier.

fulukai
03-06-2008, 02:49 PM
three words - damage control sliders

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/3...381022016#3381022016 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/3381022016?r=3381022016#3381022016)

pietjevlip
03-07-2008, 06:14 AM
So basically you come to the "official forums" to tell us you have an illegal version of the game?

But yes, if they added some nice difficulty-settings, that would be nice http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

caswallawn_2k7
03-07-2008, 06:19 AM
@ach: your also running a unfinnished version for the pc so the final release could be totaly differant.

adarwinter
03-07-2008, 11:46 AM
achilles isn't gonna post here anytime soon cuz i guess he will be banned in no time :P

anyway, as the other older thread suggested - giving us a difficulty slider could have gone a long way.

i just wish guards would use the defence-break much much more often and i would love to limit my synch-bars to a lot less WITHOUT having to skip the nice yet-too-easy save the citizen missions. i like these missions since they are the only excuse of a fight i can have with the lame secondary-mission in this game. besides save the citizen missions all i need to do is press a button to eavesdrop, pickpocket, interrogate etc...

ppl suggested sliders while i just want to edit some files in the PC version, which i dont think will be possible with they way the files are archived http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif(((

IconoclastX
03-07-2008, 09:29 PM
The biggest problem I've ever seen with console ports to PC is that they don't actually utilize the advantages a PC might have - like SAVING the bloody game. If this thing crashes as much on the PC as I've read that it does on the consoles, we're going to need a SAVE function so we don't get so frustrated that we just stop playing the game. From people I know who have downloaded the cracked PC version (which I know can't be final) they say that when it does crash it doesn't seem to remember the last few checkpoints, or saves, or something. Manual save-game would be nice.

adarwinter
03-08-2008, 12:57 AM
dont take this leaked version as an example. it is a curropted version which no one knows if it is the golden one or not.
and i dont really need any save function, even if the game crashed occasionally. it will just spawn me in the nearest buroue (&lt;-- spelling?!).

i wonder what program u need to edit the save files or the other main files of this game. a HEX editor or something? anyone knows how do edit files besides notepad?

Faylinks
03-08-2008, 04:59 PM
In the previews, before the game came out. It showed a bunch of things, like having to run awway from too many gourds, creating obstacles with the wooden structures, having it hard to find the target so getting up high and using eagle vision helped.

What im trying to say is there are alot of cool things you can do, and if your forced to "steath in the croud" and you get penilized if you dont it would make the game alot more fun, see how well and stealthy you can do it. the game is now, stealthy is aa waist of time, becouse you can just run right though and it wont matter, you can face 10 gourds, and run awway easly.

The rooftop gardens are too abundant and easy to find.

If you create the game how it should be, like using social steath, getting you better way of killing your target, and if you just run right in it will be ALOT harder to take on the gourds, or should be.

pietjevlip
03-09-2008, 04:53 PM
Thats what I don't get... why don't you just limit yourself? I did that on the first 3 SC games, and it was fun. I don't even know what the alarms in CT sound like, I need to make a one-oh-first rerun to hear those sounds.

Try to play through AC again... try to avoid fights... not because there's need to, but just to PLAY A GAME. Go for the stealthy way. HAVE FUN! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

caswallawn_2k7
03-09-2008, 05:01 PM
yes you could play as if you have to stealth but thefact is people will get bored of it since they will know they dont have to do it and it will probly be slower.

Kaxen6
03-09-2008, 05:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
yes you could play as if you have to stealth but thefact is people will get bored of it since they will know they dont have to do it and it will probly be slower. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

&gt;_&gt; I try to play all steathly-like for the challenge...

caswallawn_2k7
03-09-2008, 05:09 PM
when i do finaly get this and a ps3 (shouldnt be long now) i think it will be more fun running across roof tops and starting fights than trying not to get found.

Kaxen6
03-09-2008, 05:16 PM
I've been trying to sneakily kill all 60 Templars because I'm epic-fail at fighting Templars... (well, I'm probably the only person on this forum who actually manages to be inept at fighting in AC)

&gt;_&gt; I think being stealthy is fun.

caswallawn_2k7
03-09-2008, 05:18 PM
stealth might be fun i'll find out when i get it but generaly i prefer running round killing lol

pietjevlip
03-10-2008, 07:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kaxen6:
&gt;_&gt; I think being stealthy is fun. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now that's my kind of woman http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

I haven't done any single stealth killing on AC though... I don't do consoles or illegal stuff http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif
But when it ships, you can all be very happy, cause I won't be hanging about here for some time. Stealth takes time http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif