PDA

View Full Version : Mac navigation delay

aggiemom
10-02-2004, 12:58 AM
There is about a 2-sec delay on both G4 12" PB laptop and on G5 1.8 uniproc when I click to go forward. No delay in rotation. Both boxes have plenty of RAM and are running 10.3.5. Both have nVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 64 MB cards which came with the machines. This is not something I ever saw with previous Myst versions. Exile for example, runs flawlessly with no nav delay, on both boxes.

Have no idea what is causing the delay in rendering the forward navigation. Any Mac folx seeing similar problem? I am running off a full installation on hard drive -- in the G4 case on a secondary drive which was clean before install and Myst4 is the only thing on it.

All else is perfect so far except for minor audio out of sync with video in QT movies with people.

aggiemom
10-02-2004, 12:58 AM
There is about a 2-sec delay on both G4 12" PB laptop and on G5 1.8 uniproc when I click to go forward. No delay in rotation. Both boxes have plenty of RAM and are running 10.3.5. Both have nVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 64 MB cards which came with the machines. This is not something I ever saw with previous Myst versions. Exile for example, runs flawlessly with no nav delay, on both boxes.

Have no idea what is causing the delay in rendering the forward navigation. Any Mac folx seeing similar problem? I am running off a full installation on hard drive -- in the G4 case on a secondary drive which was clean before install and Myst4 is the only thing on it.

All else is perfect so far except for minor audio out of sync with video in QT movies with people.

subumbra
10-02-2004, 02:41 AM
I've got a G5 dual 2 Gig with 2 G of RAM and I have the same problem. I don't think it's CPU related. It does the same thing on my PC. Probably has something to do with hard drive access speed. Don't worry about it, it's the same for all of us. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Rocky1138
10-02-2004, 11:30 AM
I believe the game simply pauses to simulate actually walking to where you were headed.

aggiemom
10-02-2004, 04:20 PM
thanks folks, good to know i don't have to go out and buy a $300 card to play a $40 game... not that i would do that of course.. ;-).

i suppose the developers just want us not to race around & prefer we amble from place to place. i'm cool with that.