PDA

View Full Version : Small Hurricane request to Oleg or any Modellers

MEAKO
01-15-2005, 01:24 AM
What is the possibility of having the sand filter included on one of the hurricane models we have in game.

Since this was on the hurricanes sent to Russia i feel it would not be out of place to include. Of course it also fit in nicely with our desert map.

I appreciate that Oleg has bigger fish to fry than this, but im sure this would be only a small mod to an experienced modeller.

S! EAF19_Meako

MEAKO
01-15-2005, 01:24 AM
What is the possibility of having the sand filter included on one of the hurricane models we have in game.

Since this was on the hurricanes sent to Russia i feel it would not be out of place to include. Of course it also fit in nicely with our desert map.

I appreciate that Oleg has bigger fish to fry than this, but im sure this would be only a small mod to an experienced modeller.

S! EAF19_Meako

p1ngu666
01-15-2005, 02:52 AM
http://www.uploadit.org/gallery/11651

no modeler cares about hurri tho, not that ive met.

various plans in that link, includin carrier hook, rockets, 40mm gun pods, armoured radiator

JG53Frankyboy
01-15-2005, 04:14 AM
not to forgett the HurricaneMkIIs over Singapore/Sumatra/JAva in 1942 had dustfilters too! but, remember, that degrades the perfomance a lot http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

3.JG51_BigBear
01-15-2005, 06:42 AM
Some of the first Hurricanes in Russia also had sand filters. I'm surprised one wasn't added a long time ago.

MEAKO
01-15-2005, 12:16 PM
3.JG51_bigBear those are the Hurris im refering to one has recently been recovered for restoration and is going to be given back to the Russians which is what made me think to suggest this mod.

Jambock__01
01-15-2005, 02:01 PM
I bump for a desert Hurricane! MAYBE the filter could be added as a payload..... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

But i realy LOVE to see a Sea Hurricane.

SeaFireLIV
01-15-2005, 03:20 PM
Yep, Sea Hurricanes, filters. I agree. It`s just occurred to me there`s no Pacific dynamic campaign for the Hurricane. The 1st Hurricanes arrived in Asia in Jan `42, I think. May be it is in the campaign choice, I will check.

Considering the Hurricane flew in just about every theatre around this is a quite glaring omission.

Also, I reckon the 250Lb bombs should be a little more forward on their racks. But I guess it`s a small point. I thank Oleg for at least putting the bombs there.

p1ngu666
01-15-2005, 04:02 PM
hurri's where used in the desert till allies won (probably after too) and used in burma till end of war. as for russian service that may have gone to to end of war, maybe in 2nd line duties.

WUAF_Badsight
01-15-2005, 04:16 PM
for the G/A role , i think the Hurricane MkII-d would be awesome http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

BerkshireHunt
01-15-2005, 04:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WUAF_Badsight:
for the G/A role , i think the Hurricane MkII-d would be awesome http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Hurricane IIb recently pulled from a lake near Murmansk was still carrying RS82 missiles. By March '42 most Hurricanes in that region were wired for missile firing (article in Aeroplane). Given that we are supposedly to receive a Murmansk map this seems an obvious (and easy) addition.

3.JG51_BigBear
01-15-2005, 06:25 PM
Not to get too off topice here, but it would also be cool to see the 109 get its desert filter. It'd be really cool to see late model 109Es and early Fs with desert filters taking on desert equipped spits and huris online. It would probably be quite a challenge given the performance restrictions the filters put on the engines.

JG53Frankyboy
01-16-2005, 08:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SeaFireLIV:
.................................... It`s just occurred to me there`s no Pacific dynamic campaign for the Hurricane. The 1st Hurricanes arrived in Asia in Jan `42, I think. May be it is in the campaign choice, I will check.

............... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>##

on wich map in 3.03 you want fly it ??
lets hope , as minimum, for a future Singapore map

jagdmailer
01-16-2005, 10:32 PM
I am pretty sure Harti made a sand-filter for the Freidrich & Gustav 109s variants. Now, as far as getting them into the game, this is another question on it's own.

Jagd

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 3.JG51_BigBear:
Not to get too off topice here, but it would also be cool to see the 109 get its desert filter. It'd be really cool to see late model 109Es and early Fs with desert filters taking on desert equipped spits and huris online. It would probably be quite a challenge given the performance restrictions the filters put on the engines. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

3.JG51_BigBear
01-16-2005, 11:33 PM
Yeah, I don't think anything Harti did is going to end up in the game any time soon.