PDA

View Full Version : Paid for, but can't use the new PE-2 add-on!!

mortoma1958
04-29-2006, 10:04 PM
I have Win98SE and could not even DL the files ( boonty ) on my PC. Then I had the idea of DL'ing it to a friends PC who had XP. This worked but when I burned it to a CDR it still won't work on my PC because of the Win98 problem. You have to be able to run Boonty on your PC because it's the only program that will extract them but it won't run in 98 at all. I also can't get through through to UBI support via e-mail. I get an "unexpected error", whenever I try to email them. And that was using both Netscape and IE.

I can't afford to buy a copy of WinXP and I also would have to buy a new hard drive because there is no way I am going to abandon my copy of Win98. So I paid for this add-on but can't use it!!!

If I proved I bought this add-on by forwarding a copy of the pertinent e-mails, would someone be able to send me a copy of the files.sfs?? Maybe on CDR or on a file server?? That is the only file you really need for this update, as far as I know.

mortoma1958
04-29-2006, 10:04 PM
I have Win98SE and could not even DL the files ( boonty ) on my PC. Then I had the idea of DL'ing it to a friends PC who had XP. This worked but when I burned it to a CDR it still won't work on my PC because of the Win98 problem. You have to be able to run Boonty on your PC because it's the only program that will extract them but it won't run in 98 at all. I also can't get through through to UBI support via e-mail. I get an "unexpected error", whenever I try to email them. And that was using both Netscape and IE.

I can't afford to buy a copy of WinXP and I also would have to buy a new hard drive because there is no way I am going to abandon my copy of Win98. So I paid for this add-on but can't use it!!!

If I proved I bought this add-on by forwarding a copy of the pertinent e-mails, would someone be able to send me a copy of the files.sfs?? Maybe on CDR or on a file server?? That is the only file you really need for this update, as far as I know.

Wolf_Fangs1381
04-29-2006, 10:31 PM
Hello Mortoma,

I think it really sucks that is doesn't support Win98SE for those who use it (& alot do). However,I may have a solution for you. If you had your friend download BoontyBox & download the Pe-2 add-on you can do the following.

Go to the BoontyBox directory on his hard drive. In the "My Downloaded Files" folder you should find the "il2-pe2.exe". Copy & paste it onto his desktop & then burn it onto a cd. You should now be able to install the add-on from the cd by running the il2-pe2.exe file. You'll still need your key code which will be at your email address.

BoontyBox can automaticly install the add-on or you can install the add-on manually through the il2-pe2.exe file. Since you can't download BoontyBox on your computer you won't have to worry about installing it through it. Good Luck! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif =S=

CornbreadPattie
04-30-2006, 02:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mortoma1958:

If I proved I bought this add-on by forwarding a copy of the pertinent e-mails, would someone be able to send me a copy of the files.sfs?? Maybe on CDR or on a file server?? That is the only file you really need for this update, as far as I know. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Real sad news....

PM me!

delta_9_tetra
04-30-2006, 03:37 AM
YES Annoying isn't it really? I would like to get the files too.

I have also old pc with win98se, always been a good customer for Oleg but having PAID for this addon I might never get to run version 4.05 because I won't install windowsXP just to update a game that runs on win98se anyway!

Here's the webpage with my purchase, it just says NOTHING about boontybox http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v84/delta_9_tetra/booooooooooooonty0.jpg

mortoma1958
04-30-2006, 04:44 PM
Thanks Squirel, I will try that. It may take a few days for me to post back in here as I'm moving and will have to get setup on the internet at the new house. Thanks everybody for trying to help......If no success with Squirels method I will try something else....

Wolf_Fangs1381
05-01-2006, 08:29 PM
Hello Mortoma,

Well good luck with the move. Hope you get set up as soon as possible. Let me know how you make out with the add-on. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif =S=