PDA

View Full Version : Will BoB support Dual-Core CPUs ?

TheRealMatrix
05-24-2005, 04:42 AM
Hi!

I wonder whether or not Battle of Britain's engine will support Dual-Core CPUs.

Everybody knows that core frequencies are not expected to increase much in the intermediate future, so the real increase in CPU-performance comes the way of parallel calculating.

Both AMD (Athlon 64 X2) and Intel (Pentium D) Central Processors are shipping this year, and will see wide-spread usage in 2006.

So my suggestion is: make BoB utilize the full power of Dual-Core CPUs.

Lets say one thread on CPU 1 is calculating Flight Model / Aerodynamics, CPU 2 is calculating Damage Model / Aircraft Engines / AI ect.

TheRealMatrix
05-24-2005, 04:42 AM
Hi!

Everybody knows that core frequencies are not expected to increase much in the intermediate future, so the real increase in CPU-performance comes the way of parallel calculating.

Both AMD (Athlon 64 X2) and Intel (Pentium D) Central Processors are shipping this year, and will see wide-spread usage in 2006.

Lets say one thread on CPU 1 is calculating Flight Model / Aerodynamics, CPU 2 is calculating Damage Model / Aircraft Engines / AI ect.

starfighter1
05-29-2005, 05:57 AM
hi,
agree totaly
and remember the increase of dual graphic systems too 3D screens
even at KI and FM the developer can show how much is possible with a new game sim engine http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheRealMatrix:
Hi!

Lets say one thread on CPU 1 is calculating Flight Model / Aerodynamics, CPU 2 is calculating Damage Model / Aircraft Engines / AI ect. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>