PDA

View Full Version : X-45, never had problems before...

TripleNikelVipa
03-30-2005, 06:54 PM
OK, hello all,
I am a transfer from LOMAC, same name, I jsut decided i like WWII so much more. So I got the game today and tried to play with my X-45. I've never had problems with it before as i use it for HOTAS control in LOMAC. For somereason, the game does not recognize my joystick. It recognizes a few choice buttons in the control set up and thats about it. So when everything was done i click apply and went to try it out in quick battle. Nothing happens...Saitek doesnt offer a profile download for LOMAC or IL-2 from their website.

I was hoping someone could please help me. I was really looknig forward to playing to game tonight...but I guess I'll have to wait till tomorrow.

Vipa

-HH- Beebop
03-30-2005, 07:41 PM
Welcome to IL-2. I think you'll be glad you made the switch.

I just go to 'Controls' mouse click the function I'd like to set and then click the joystick/throttle button.
The It the X/Y axis automaticly defaults in the HOTAS section and you can set your rotaries and rocker there as well. I use the rocker for rudder control and the large rotary for prop pitch, the small rotary for elevator trim. Just mouse click the function and move the desired rotary/rocker.

There are two excellent profiles out there for the X-45,

adlabs:

http://www.geocities.com/adlabs6/B/#X45

and Tully's. (check any Tully post and he has a direct link in his sig to his profile)

Both come with documentation on how they are set up and they both encourage you to modify theirs to suit you.

More info on joysticks can be found at airwarfare, here:

http://www.airwarfare.com/tech/sticks.htm

If you have more questions, be sure to ask. We are here to help.

Tully__
03-30-2005, 09:01 PM
It sounds like you have another controller plugged in that uses the Windows ID#1 controller ID. Read the Joysticks article linked by Beebop (also linked under my signature picture) particularly the sections relating to assigning controls and adding extra controllers.

TripleNikelVipa
03-31-2005, 04:08 PM
ok thanks for the replies guys,

Beebop, Thats what I tried to do in the beginning and it didnt work for some reason. And Tully, Yes I did have another joystick in and i thought of that before i posted and restarted my comp with only the X-45 connected. Still nothing.

PLease keep replying with ideas, right now im going to try out that profile and see if it helps

Vipa

-HH- Beebop
03-31-2005, 07:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TripleNikelVipa:
ok thanks for the replies guys,

Beebop, Thats what I tried to do in the beginning and it didnt work for some reason. And Tully, Yes I did have another joystick in and i thought of that before i posted and restarted my comp with only the X-45 connected. Still nothing.

PLease keep replying with ideas, right now im going to try out that profile and see if it helps

Vipa <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How are you connected? Gameport or USB? (Probably USB right?)

If USB, is the port working? Check in Device Manager:

Start/Settings/Control Panel/System/Hardware/Device Manager/Human Interface Devices.

You should see "Saitek X45 Flight Controller" If there is either a yellow question mark or an exclaimation point, you may need to uninstall and re-install the device or initalize the USB port.

When you initally installed, did you have the X-45 plugged in? If so this may be the problem. Wait for the instruction to plug it in during the installation process.

Are you using the most current SST/drivers for XP? If you installed drivers from the CD they may be out of date. check the Saitek site:

http://www.saitekusa.com/usa/down/drivers.htm

and get the latest drivers.

Also, is it reading correctly in Start/settings/Control Panel/Game Controllers?

Status should be "OK". Go to 'Properties" and check calibration. Everything function properly?

Check "Advanced" Is it the "Preferred Device"?

If you've already done all this you'll need to talk to someone much smarter than me. Belive me they're around. You may want to post this in the Community Help Forum. If you do, include your dxdiag with the post.

Let us know how it turns out. Don't give up and good luck!

SithSpeeder
03-31-2005, 09:29 PM
What have you tried so far?

Does LOMAC still work?

We'll help get you up to speed. Just give us more details. Maybe even by tonight http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

* _54th_Speeder *