PDA

View Full Version : Small boats, rafts and quicky bridges for water crossings

nearmiss
01-10-2005, 11:29 PM
Reading the history of the Soviet/German airwar there are so many references to aircraft missions attacking at river and water crossings. These attacks were at low levels and considered to be extremely dangerous. Flak was always and issue, but small arms fire was an issue at low flight levels to aircraft. Maybe the little boats could have 10 or 12 riflemen cracking at the aircraft.

I'm not sure just how such a thing could be done, but it might be best if a cluster of small boat objects was just added all at once. Don't really know if they need but a couple waypoints with a timeout. Afterall the distance wouldn't be too large and mission builders would want to have the little boats crossing at pretty precise times.

Heck, I know we've got a Pacific theatre. I've found there is still so much to do with the previous maps by applying the fires and smoke from PF. Burning up the countryside, eh... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

PBNA-Boosher
01-11-2005, 05:16 AM
I was also thinking about Horse carts, a lot of those were used.

LEXX_Luthor
01-11-2005, 07:01 AM
We need River Barges. The waypoints can go up and down river, or across and back.

A "river ice" setting that draws normal FB water, but with large ice chunks drawn on top of the water grafix, maybe with smaller ice chunks if the grafix can handle all that.

avimimus
01-12-2005, 10:45 AM
Stalingrad!
*thunk*