PDA

View Full Version : Just getting started

m.h.nath
08-18-2007, 06:05 AM
I have just installed PF3.0 (stand-alone) and a Logitech Attack 3 joystick. I previously had a V-3 Wheel installed (for my NASCAR racing). My problem is that when PF starts it wants to use the wheel rather than the joystick for its input device. If I unplug my wheel PF will use the joystick. Is there an easier way to get PF to use the joystick? Any help appreciated.

m.h.nath
08-18-2007, 06:05 AM
I have just installed PF3.0 (stand-alone) and a Logitech Attack 3 joystick. I previously had a V-3 Wheel installed (for my NASCAR racing). My problem is that when PF starts it wants to use the wheel rather than the joystick for its input device. If I unplug my wheel PF will use the joystick. Is there an easier way to get PF to use the joystick? Any help appreciated.

VoivodSK
08-18-2007, 06:21 AM
First thing that comes to my mind, go start>ubisoft>PF>setup. Here, open the "joystick" tab and select the desirable controller. Click ok.

J_A_M_F_
08-18-2007, 07:11 AM
If that doesn't work and you keep your gear connected all the time, go into the controller setup. There you can click behind each axis and then move the stick in the corresponding direction. If you don't have rudder pedals, just use the gas/brake pedals from your wheel combo and set them to controll the rudder, just like configuring the joystick axes.

sailorman.jim
08-18-2007, 07:48 AM
Welcome aboard! You will find that this is a very complex game and it takes a lot of time to learn. As you add the patches and other d/ls to upgrade the program, it only gets better. You can control a lot here and, as pointed out above, format your equipment to match your preferences.

One thing I would strongly recommend is Zeus-Cat's "Straight from the Farm" series of training missions. They ease you into the basic functions here and give you plenty of opportunity to practice flying, bombing, and just having fun.

Finally, you are in the right place for help. This is one of the best forums of this type I have ever seen. Everyone here will do anything they can to help you. They have all be beginners and know what you are going through.

Good luck and remember. Flying involves altitude, airspeed and intelligence. At least two of these are absolutely necessary. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

BrotherVoodoo
08-18-2007, 10:02 AM
Don't forget tocheck the nuggets guide from Bearcat.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/9121094645

m.h.nath
08-18-2007, 02:20 PM
To VoivodSK - that's the first thing i tried. Didn't work.
To J_A_M_F - tried that too. but it ignores the joystick and only responds to the wheel.
To all others - thanks for good tips and kind words.

steve_v
08-18-2007, 02:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by m.h.nath:
My problem is that when PF starts it wants to use the wheel rather than the joystick for its input device. If I unplug my wheel PF will use the joystick. Is there an easier way to get PF to use the joystick? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>What is happening is you have the sim setup to use controller one, which Windows has assigned to your pedals. When unplugged, Windows assigns the stick as controller one. It very simple to use multiple controllers with our sim. The article at this link will explain how to assign controls.

http://www.airwarfare.com/tech/sticks.htm

Bearcat99
08-22-2007, 03:12 PM
Get 46.

K_Freddie
08-30-2007, 07:18 AM
BC has shares on 46.
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Xiolablu3
08-30-2007, 05:19 PM
S!

You should buy IL2 1946 and get online with us, its where the REAL fun is.

pgrover
09-03-2007, 09:25 AM
Hello Xiolablu3

I have bought Il2 1946 but am having real troubles getting online - there doesn't seem to be any definitive guide anywhere - am completely fuddled. Have tried Hyperlobby but it doesn't seem to want to recognise my version of IL2 - am I doing something wrong??

pg

Bearcat99
09-04-2007, 09:07 AM
Read the Nugget's Guide. SCroll down to the Hyperlobby part.