PDA

View Full Version : ARG! Dynamo Blamo! Whats happening?

Liddabit
03-08-2007, 01:01 PM
Soooo.. I just raided dunkirk right before Dynamo was going to happen... and found 2 passenger liners and an auxillery cruiser sipping tea. I only really had the torpedos for the passenger liners and a clear line to shoot them.. so I went for them.. and with 2 perfect under keel shots each they sunk.. and I then had to get out with 20 something very angry warships in the area bugging out.

Anyway, it looks like I got away scot free , but I'm crashing to desk top after I get away from Dunkirk every time! Is the game punishing me for crippling the evacuations:P?

Liddabit
03-08-2007, 01:01 PM
Soooo.. I just raided dunkirk right before Dynamo was going to happen... and found 2 passenger liners and an auxillery cruiser sipping tea. I only really had the torpedos for the passenger liners and a clear line to shoot them.. so I went for them.. and with 2 perfect under keel shots each they sunk.. and I then had to get out with 20 something very angry warships in the area bugging out.

Anyway, it looks like I got away scot free , but I'm crashing to desk top after I get away from Dunkirk every time! Is the game punishing me for crippling the evacuations:P?

wm4668
03-08-2007, 01:05 PM
Nah - did the same sort of thing myself recently,got away scot free apart from some Ju87 inflicted bomb damage. verdampt flyboys raided just after I hit the second liner.....

ottoramsaig
03-08-2007, 01:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Liddabit:

Anyway, it looks like I got away scot free , but I'm crashing to desk top after I get away from Dunkirk every time! Is the game punishing me for crippling the evacuations:P? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Alright you got my attention, what grid and date please. I just so happen to have U97 in the English channel. Here is a tip I picked up on yesterday. If you find yourself struggling along due to constant sonar reports, gather up the info needed and pull him out of his station, I have trolled around Dunkirk and got frustrated over the Warship reports. Sometimes I don't want to know unless they are on top of me. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

FongFongFong
03-08-2007, 01:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Liddabit:
so I went for them.. and with 2 perfect under keel shots each they sunk.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>actually one torp at the waterline directly in line with the rear/aft smokestack will sink liners

Liddabit
03-08-2007, 01:49 PM
Using GWX, May 9th 1940. I slipped in the east entrance to the docks after crawling along the shore from the east and stayed right at the entrance there just enough to get shots at the liners. I learned my lesson at other docks not to go into the docks because I get pinged(from outside the docks!) and then everything gets nasty :P

Anyway from the dock opening I fired my four torpedos and turned around and went out back along the eastern coast. Making sure to constantly readjust my depth because the shallows kept popping my conning tower up out of the water and it wasn't readjusting back down &gt;&lt;

I'm going to try now and surface aways out and run away at flank and see if I will crash if i'm surfaced. I think I may be impacting something and causing the crash.

Oh ya, Grid An 87! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Liddabit
03-08-2007, 02:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FongFongFong:
so I went for them.. and with 2 perfect under keel shots each they sunk.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>actually one torp at the waterline directly in line with the rear/aft smokestack will sink liners </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good to know thank you ! I was wanting to be better safe than sorry since I knew I had to run the instant the torpedos were out of the tubes hehe. Can't wait to try this though :P http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

mastergas
03-08-2007, 09:18 PM
i raided dunkirk my first patrol. didnt really sneak in there no guards around the harbour. i got with in view of the harbour lights. submerged and to my luck there was 1 very large tanker. 1 passenger liner. and 2 medium merchants and fishing boats and 1 samll merchant. and 2 destroyers that where docked. they all became victime of war. it was also nice to surface just out side of the harbour and deck gunned the fishing boats and the small merchant. very good patrol later on i sunk the hms rodney and a whale factory ship and others. made for a good 130k patrol

Liddabit
03-09-2007, 07:28 AM
Don't try and deck gun anything there in the 40s. there were about 30 sonar contacts moving quickly.