PDA

View Full Version : comon dev team , show us a NEW feature.

oscar0072004
11-13-2004, 10:26 AM
the last video was short but nice , apart from the u-boat in constuction it showed only features allready seen in the e-3 and first offical trailer . and then i mean the flickering lights , crew on deck of the destroyers . but why not show us something really new?i mean there is a low activaty on the forums even after the latest trailer i have a few examples.

* show us some footage or pics of a u-boat leaving the pens or returning from patrol , this is one of the greater aspects of sh-3
* show us the interface where we can repair and update our boat , im really curious what it will be like .
* show us the intereur of the other u-boats insted of allways the type viic
* maybe you could show us a sneak preview of the dynamic campain

its these things we wanna see , and according to you all of the mentioned features will be in the final version . why havent we seen anything of this??

Drebbel
11-13-2004, 10:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> its these things we wanna see <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who is WE ? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Drebbel

BTW: In the latest review at SSR several of the things you ask for are described and illustrated with screenshots.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-13-2004, 10:45 AM
I don't know about anyone else, but I want the developers working on the game. The last thing I want is for the developers to fail to implement some neat feature because they were spending all their time showing us stuff.

oscar0072004
11-13-2004, 11:27 AM
yeah but who ever said it takes massive time to take a couple of screenshots with these features. most of the times the screenshots are made by other employees so that they dont interrupt the development team. anyway i dont mean a constant flow of screenshots and footage , they could feature these thing in the next development diary!

oscar0072004
11-13-2004, 11:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Drebbel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> its these things we wanna see <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who is WE ? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Drebbel

maybe WE as in US the community?
BTW: In the latest review at SSR several of the things you ask for are described and illustrated with screenshots. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pr0metheus 1962
11-13-2004, 12:08 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by oscar0072004:
most of the times the screenshots are made by other employees so that they dont interrupt the development team.QUOTE]

Yeah, but when it gets down to the last few weeks, I think such employees can be better used in playtesting than in web publishing. When you add up 12 weeks of weekly web publication, that adds up to quite a few hours - hours that might make the difference between getting enough testing done to release a feature, or not getting it fully tested and deciding that it's too risky to include it.

After all, it's not going to hurt the game if we never see another web update. But it might well hurt the game if there's no time left and they have staff who are too busy doing web publication when they might be able to work on the game instead. I used to be a picture frame store manager. If I had a frame to complete by a certain time, and if I was running behind schedule, I didn't leave an unskilled employee cleaning windows or vacuuming the floor: I would get him to help with the frame. Sure, he might not be able to do much, but he could certainly save some time by doing the less skilled tasks, and that might make all the difference.

Gouldjg
11-13-2004, 12:11 PM
I agree with poster

We should be shown more now.

No vids and stuff that take time but more screenshots with different features is now a must.

I think the Dev team have been great all the way through this games creation and many people will be both shocked and will get hooked if enough demos are distributed. They have answered most of our questions and showed some great vids. But I am now an addict and need more & more, god **** it give me more.

My mind is suffering with anticipation.

Maybe we could get a peep at whats going to be included in the box. Or a written lesson on manual torp firing solutions. I want to learn now and so kick a** when game is released.

one.zero
11-13-2004, 12:43 PM
Let's get a few things striaght..

The dev team is a great team and is showing great promise.

Dev's teams shouldnt be the same people maintaining a forum or product showcase site. That's the job for others who interface witht the deve team to trickle back info and files.

The forum and product showcase site should by any business sense, be most busy as we approach the delivery date in Feb 2005. Any thing less would be foolish from a marketing standpoint.

Facts: Still no screen saver, very limited video exposure of sub type interiors...and numerous questions on the forum that could easly be answered without bogging down a dev team.

E.Thang
11-13-2004, 03:34 PM
A few more facts:
1)The Earth is the third planet from the sun.
2)BB59 (USS Massachusetts) was the first
American Battleship to fire a 16" shell
during WWII (Nov 8, 1942)
3)E=MC2
4)The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plains

(sorry..couldn't resist! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif)

Leif...
11-14-2004, 01:02 PM
They shouldn’t show us everything either, when I eventually play this thing I would like to se some stuff that I haven’t already seen a hundred times before.

Leif…

oscar0072004
11-14-2004, 01:19 PM
yes in-deed the dev team did a great job providing us with data , sceenshots , and footage . but now its really time to show us the things that make silent hunter 3 so special. i can,t help wondering why we have not seen different interiuer ?? i might not be finished yet , but that would hint us that the development still has more work to do then we believe . about the dynamic campaign? well this indeed is still work in progress . but at least we should see some features that should be about done now with only 3 months lefd . with this i target things like leaving the u-boat pens . returning from patrol , the interface for repairing in harbour / boat update screen etc etc. like i said before the latest video is short but nice . but certainly nothing new exeptn for the u-boat being built , but the rest is not so ground-breakin and i am more then convinsed now that the u-boats look exellent in external view . and yess the destroyer look great with crew on deck . but we have seen this allready in the previous footage!! why not show the things that make sh-3 the strongest u-boat sim on the market .