PDA

View Full Version : Location of joystick and keyboard commands file

btasm
04-02-2011, 08:56 AM
Can anyone advise as to the file or folder in 1946 where the saved joystick/keyboard commands are found? I would like to copy this file in order to save the settings since I have mistakenly hit the reset default button a few times to my dismay.

btasm
04-02-2011, 08:56 AM
Can anyone advise as to the file or folder in 1946 where the saved joystick/keyboard commands are found? I would like to copy this file in order to save the settings since I have mistakenly hit the reset default button a few times to my dismay.

DD_crash
04-02-2011, 09:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by btasm:
Can anyone advise as to the file or folder in 1946 where the saved joystick/keyboard commands are found? I would like to copy this file in order to save the settings since I have mistakenly hit the reset default button a few times to my dismay. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Its in the users folder in the root folder of the game.I think its called user.ini http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

btasm
04-02-2011, 09:28 AM
Yes. Thanks. Found it. "default.ini".

Bearcat99
04-02-2011, 09:50 PM
It is :

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\46 UP\Users\doe\settings

with doe being whatever user you are useing. There will be a different settings folder in each user.

The default folder is your default setting, the one that reverts to the default when you hit "reset to default".. . I changed that default file to reflect my settings.. that way if I ever hit default it won't matter.. I also suggest that you go to the settings file and R click it and change the properties to read only. Just remember that when you want to make a change in the sim to a setting you will first have to change it back so that you can write to it.

btasm
04-03-2011, 07:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bearcat99:
It is :

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\46 UP\Users\doe\settings

with doe being whatever user you are useing. There will be a different settings folder in each user.

The default folder is your default setting, the one that reverts to the default when you hit "reset to default".. . I changed that default file to reflect my settings.. that way if I ever hit default it won't matter.. I also suggest that you go to the settings file and R click it and change the properties to read only. Just remember that when you want to make a change in the sim to a setting you will first have to change it back so that you can write to it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gosh. Thanks I did not realize that. This was very helpful.