PDA

View Full Version : acb best game of all time? the answer is yes

kriegerdesgottes
11-24-2010, 12:56 AM
Ubisoft, I want you to know this is the greatest game I have ever played ever. I loved the first two but this one is just crazy awesome. I even thought I hated the multiplayer when the beta came out. But I have discovered Manhunt and I love it now. I also love how you can choose which buttons pull out which weapons. The city looks absolutely amazing. the only small issue I had was although I do kinda like the new combat system It's almost too hard. You can't even block half the guards you just have to take a beating till you can get a hit in. Also the cristina missions were genius I thought but the ending was terrible. I was hoping to find out who ezio carries on his bloodline with. Also the city is at times frustratingly unaccessible. It took me forever to figure out how to get on a hill to get the last borgia flag I had to use the internet to figure out how to get up on a hill. Otherwise this game was just incredible. can't wait to see what comes next.

kriegerdesgottes
11-24-2010, 12:56 AM
Ubisoft, I want you to know this is the greatest game I have ever played ever. I loved the first two but this one is just crazy awesome. I even thought I hated the multiplayer when the beta came out. But I have discovered Manhunt and I love it now. I also love how you can choose which buttons pull out which weapons. The city looks absolutely amazing. the only small issue I had was although I do kinda like the new combat system It's almost too hard. You can't even block half the guards you just have to take a beating till you can get a hit in. Also the cristina missions were genius I thought but the ending was terrible. I was hoping to find out who ezio carries on his bloodline with. Also the city is at times frustratingly unaccessible. It took me forever to figure out how to get on a hill to get the last borgia flag I had to use the internet to figure out how to get up on a hill. Otherwise this game was just incredible. can't wait to see what comes next.

Confusious30
11-24-2010, 04:24 AM
I'm sure this is the case of the shiny new toy.

We all get excited about the new toy, but that doesn't make it WAY better than all your other toys. Give it a year, then we'll see if that toy still has the favoritism you show it.

For the record, I don't find it better than AC1.

SirAngry
11-24-2010, 04:50 AM
For the record I agree with Confusious30. Although many people moaned about the lack of variety in AC1 I prefer Altair as a character and also the setting over renaissance Italy. Ezio's cool, but maybe too cool, I also feel like ACB had no soul. Its a shame AC: Bloodlines is a PSP only game I'd have loved to have continued Altair story but I'm not buying a PSP just to play it, no way.

Steelbadger
11-24-2010, 07:46 AM
Technically, I think, Brotherhood is the best AC game so far.

Story-wise I'd say that AC2 was the best of the three. It was one of the first games that actually made me empathise with any character like I would with characters in well written books or award winning films.

I felt that Altair in AC1 was a bit 1-dimensional. He was already a cold killer by the time we met him, and he never really developed any character beyond the mission. The one admission to any personal life or human feelings was a momentary mention of Adha. I realise other games expanded on Altair's personality but in AC1 he's just a classic video game heroic sociopath. The story in AC1 was also pretty simplistic, to fit in with the fairly simple design. The new ground broken by the game was astounding and it was one of the most exciting new games for a long time because of that, not because of breadth of experience or characterisation.

XVinny84X
11-24-2010, 08:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Steelbadger:
Technically, I think, Brotherhood is the best AC game so far.

Story-wise I'd say that AC2 was the best of the three. It was one of the first games that actually made me empathise with any character like I would with characters in well written books or award winning films.

I felt that Altair in AC1 was a bit 1-dimensional. He was already a cold killer by the time we met him, and he never really developed any character beyond the mission. The one admission to any personal life or human feelings was a momentary mention of Adha. I realise other games expanded on Altair's personality but in AC1 he's just a classic video game heroic sociopath. The story in AC1 was also pretty simplistic, to fit in with the fairly simple design. The new ground broken by the game was astounding and it was one of the most exciting new games for a long time because of that, not because of breadth of experience or characterisation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But that is the whole point is it not?? Have you ever played Hitman series?? Did you see how they ruined character with move by adding more character to 47?? Assassins are just that!!! Cold hearted killers with no remorse or feelings. Altair was perfect introduction for AC and he was way better fitting for the role of Assassin. He was cold calucalting and leaving be the CREED. That's what he was taught from childhood! While story overall might not have been as good as AC2 (which I shamely admit:-]) Altair is a better fit for AC than Ezio ever was in AC2. Nn Brotherhood Ezio gained that edge and he is darker, directed by vengeance and retribution, but he will never be as good assassin as Altair has been!!!

AdzMofo
11-24-2010, 08:22 AM
I think saying ACB is the best game ever is a bit of an overstatement, but it is definately a great game, it's short campaign aside.

As for the ACI v ACII debate, I'm going to have to say I think ACII wins. Whilst ACI paved the way for ACII's greatness, ACI was repetitive. ACII had a lot more variety, whereas ACI seemed like 9 identical missions with different looking maps.

Honestly, I think what I liked most about ACII, and again in ACB, is character development. In ACI Altair bored me. Although it kept with the whole "cold hearted assassin" stereotype, his formal, mundane language detracted from the game.

I loved how we actually learned about the character we were playing as in ACII, and the character development and emotion shown in ACB through the Cristina missions.

In short, I prefer Ezio and ACII http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Nadaclos
11-24-2010, 08:28 AM
I dont think AC:B is the best of 3, im stick with the AC2, the history in 2 is amazing, the history itself and the whole 16 thing and there is a lot of life in the game, characters are full of energy and the different places are just amazing (Venecia is aweome). In AC1 altair is a great character, but everything arround him is nothing, i mean is lifeless, the game focus only in Altair mind and nothing more, the environment is plain and very similar no matter where you are...and i hate the scenes outside animus (haha this is personal).

iLikeBacon
11-24-2010, 10:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Confusious30:
I'm sure this is the case of the shiny new toy.

We all get excited about the new toy, but that doesn't make it WAY better than all your other toys. Give it a year, then we'll see if that toy still has the favoritism you show it.

For the record, I don't find it better than AC1. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Couldn't agree with you more.

Grandmaster_Z
11-24-2010, 10:13 AM
Ezio is more like James Bond.

mickeylfc
11-24-2010, 10:18 AM
It's getting too easy, it's almost turning into an interactive movie rather than something that you're going to be immensly challenged by. People shouldn't be finishing games like this in two days, (and the vast majority of us seem to).

I think there needs to be a difficulty bar that lets the more hardcore gamers try to play like a true assassin instead of a lord of the rings character.

kriegerdesgottes
12-02-2010, 12:13 AM
I have to say at first when I read your comments I thought maybe you are right and it's just a new toy type of thing. And you could be right but I just don't think so. I have been past the point for a while now where there is anything left for me to do and I am still just blown away. and though I will agree acII arguably has the best story, acb has far more content and the graphics are just incredible even more so than the last two. the vr missions is genuis, the cristina missions were genius, the combat is great although it takes time to get used to. I loved how they cleared up how his father and brothers were buried, it can be played rambo style or stealthy, the game is just perfect. I honestly am curious as to how they can top it. Also the hideout is awesome. even though I never got my la volpe sword even after beating all thief challenges.

E-Zekiel
12-02-2010, 12:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SirAngry:
For the record I agree with Confusious30. Although many people moaned about the lack of variety in AC1 I prefer Altair as a character and also the setting over renaissance Italy. Ezio's cool, but maybe too cool, I also feel like ACB had no soul. Its a shame AC: Bloodlines is a PSP only game I'd have loved to have continued Altair story but I'm not buying a PSP just to play it, no way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A hundred million times, THIS.

I want to play Bloodlines but I'm not paying nearly $200 to play it.

recklesschords
12-02-2010, 01:47 AM
I don't know if it's the best game ever, but I will say that for the past month or so I haven't even been able to pick up another game outside of the AC franchise because they just don't hold my interest like the whole assassin storyline does.

kriegerdesgottes
12-02-2010, 03:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by recklesschords:
I don't know if it's the best game ever, but I will say that for the past month or so I haven't even been able to pick up another game outside of the AC franchise because they just don't hold my interest like the whole assassin storyline does. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>yep same here. I even forgot about about red dead and batman arkham asylum.

kriegerdesgottes
12-02-2010, 03:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SirAngry:
For the record I agree with Confusious30. Although many people moaned about the lack of variety in AC1 I prefer Altair as a character and also the setting over renaissance Italy. Ezio's cool, but maybe too cool, I also feel like ACB had no soul. Its a shame AC: Bloodlines is a PSP only game I'd have loved to have continued Altair story but I'm not buying a PSP just to play it, no way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A hundred million times, THIS.

I want to play Bloodlines but I'm not paying nearly $200 to play it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>bloodlines was actually pretty good, it's just too bad that it's almost impossible to play without a second analog stick. I still went through and beat it though.

obliviondoll
12-02-2010, 04:41 AM
I like all three games, and I know for a fact I'll be picking up AC1 still at times, I know I'll be going back to AC2 occasionally (still need to do my Italian language/synch with Bloodlines playthrough), and I expect there will be times after AC3 comes out where I'll be in the mood to play some part of ACB again.

MinerVAX09
12-02-2010, 05:52 AM
This post is definitely a WIN!

FrankieSatt
12-02-2010, 06:40 AM
NO, it's far from the best game of all time. Unlike some, I judge the game based on the series and not just the game itself.

It's part of the series and that means every game should get better and better. Brotherhood is an expansion, a DLC if you want to call it that, for ACII. In no way does the game justify a full $60 game price tag.

ACII in my opinion is the best of the series, but even that isn't the best game of all time.

Mitchings
12-02-2010, 07:34 AM
The variation in environment, the flow of the story and a few mechanics actually make me prefer AC II.

I also preferred the soundtrack and soundscape in AC II; which to me is one of the most important parts in creating the AC atmosphere. ACB is still way ahead of most games and I like the soundtrack very much. I just prefer the more upbeat, exhilarating sounds of AC II.

AC II is my favourite game of all time.

This is still a very good game and I like the Brotherhood and new weapons; but they can make it a bit too easy at points, though the balance of the game in most regards and my natural instinct to play with a variety of approaches kind of counteracts this.

ElGrandeLupo
12-02-2010, 04:32 PM
I was so impressed with this game until i reached Sequence 8. It has to be the worst game experience i've had in a very long time. No freedom at all. Just getting pushed forward with foolish restrictions and a rotten apple.
It really ruined a lot for me..

In many ways it is more impressive than AC2 but the over all gameplay was better in AC2 imho ( even in AC1 ).

I hope this is not how the game will be in upcomming versions. If so, i'm not joining the "Brotherhood" anymore.

ninja_7_7
12-02-2010, 04:37 PM
AC1 the best.

Super_Sausage
12-02-2010, 04:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Steelbadger:
I felt that Altair in AC1 was a bit 1-dimensional. He was already a cold killer by the time we met him, and he never really developed any character beyond the mission. The one admission to any personal life or human feelings was a momentary mention of Adha. I realise other games expanded on Altair's personality but in AC1 he's just a classic video game heroic sociopath. The story in AC1 was also pretty simplistic, to fit in with the fairly simple design. The new ground broken by the game was astounding and it was one of the most exciting new games for a long time because of that, not because of breadth of experience or characterisation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

At the start he has next to no emotion, but as the game progresses Altair learns feelings and I believe he also made friends with the assassins who lost his arm and brother due to Altair's actions. Ezio on the other hand turns from normal man with normal emotions to assassin with less emotion, so I feel that Altair has a more positive progression.

kriegerdesgottes
12-03-2010, 03:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Super_Sausage:

At the start he has next to no emotion, but as the game progresses Altair learns feelings and I believe he also made friends with the assassins who lost his arm and brother due to Altair's actions. Ezio on the other hand turns from normal man with normal emotions to assassin with less emotion, so I feel that Altair has a more positive progression. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I like Altair a lot I think he gets a bad rap because first of all his voice actor was downright terrible and secondly the game just wasn't finished. Don't get me wrong I loved AC1 a lot. But I think altair suffered from the poor voice acting and rushed game. also that ezio's story was starting from the beginning instead of the middle of his life so people felt they knew him better. but I also think altair was just as awesome if not more so.

ChaosxNetwork
12-03-2010, 09:07 AM
If Altair had a crossbow then ACI is undoubtedly the best http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Penniless Mr J
12-03-2010, 09:34 AM
i really like the city of rome. the first games locations were too depressing for me.

for me, the story is most important. we can talk about gameplay imperfections all day but it is the story and character progression that drives me forward.

altair and ezio grew as characters in both games but ezio was at a standstill in brotherhood. i love the game but i felt like there was no reason to continue with him.