PDA

View Full Version : ACR Strategy Guide-Collector's edition (may pertain to North americans)

SleezeRocker
09-25-2011, 02:50 AM
Hey guys (whoo..maybe second time I ever make a thread here? lol), so I was browsing around in amazon a bit ago and I looked up the ACR Collector's edition stratgey guide (http://www.amazon.com/Assassins-Creed-Revelations-Collectors-Complete/dp/0307892018/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1316940168&sr=8-5) (Which by the way, is going for a good price compared to gamestop!)

Which has the following info:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/411YU8csjBL._SS500_.jpg
Product Description
• A massive Side Quests chapter presents a game roadmap, the all-new Metagames, and highly detailed area maps shows every secret collectible is found.
• The extensive Reference & Analysis chapter offers all there is to know about the use of Ezio’s new Hookblade, full coverage of Bomb Crafting as well as lists and analysis of all Enemies, Weapons, Equipment, Moves, Shop Items, Achievements & Trophies.
<span class="ev_code_RED">• A colossal Extras chapter features every Secret along with a Behind-the-Scenes section, an Artwork Gallery, an in-depth look at the game's protagonists, and recap of the complete Assassin’s Creed series to date.</span>
• The dedicated Multiplayer chapter details all new Multiplayer modes, features and maps. It also includes expert advice on the scoring system & bonuses, customization, abilities, streaks, perks, challenges and level progression.

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Gamestop added new details about it:
Includes access code for amazing interactive maps!
•Beautiful hardcover with unique cover art developed exclusively for this edition.

•Laminated, multiplayer quick reference cards.
•An exclusive 16-page art section not available in the standard edition guide.
•Access code for web-based interactive maps - find EVERYTHING in the game with these exclusive interactive maps. (a $19.99 value).*Noted by maxerx180</span>

In pertaining in Red...it makes me wonder if it would be a little "alternative" as to having the AC encylcopedia for NA's?

Personally..I'd go for it, especially since it's about 12$ cheaper than Gstop http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

SleezeRocker
09-25-2011, 02:50 AM
Hey guys (whoo..maybe second time I ever make a thread here? lol), so I was browsing around in amazon a bit ago and I looked up the ACR Collector's edition stratgey guide (http://www.amazon.com/Assassins-Creed-Revelations-Collectors-Complete/dp/0307892018/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1316940168&sr=8-5) (Which by the way, is going for a good price compared to gamestop!)

Which has the following info:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/411YU8csjBL._SS500_.jpg
Product Description
• A massive Side Quests chapter presents a game roadmap, the all-new Metagames, and highly detailed area maps shows every secret collectible is found.
• The extensive Reference & Analysis chapter offers all there is to know about the use of Ezio’s new Hookblade, full coverage of Bomb Crafting as well as lists and analysis of all Enemies, Weapons, Equipment, Moves, Shop Items, Achievements & Trophies.
<span class="ev_code_RED">• A colossal Extras chapter features every Secret along with a Behind-the-Scenes section, an Artwork Gallery, an in-depth look at the game's protagonists, and recap of the complete Assassin’s Creed series to date.</span>
• The dedicated Multiplayer chapter details all new Multiplayer modes, features and maps. It also includes expert advice on the scoring system & bonuses, customization, abilities, streaks, perks, challenges and level progression.

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Gamestop added new details about it:
•Beautiful hardcover with unique cover art developed exclusively for this edition.

•Access code for web-based interactive maps - find EVERYTHING in the game with these exclusive interactive maps. (a $19.99 value).*Noted by maxerx180</span>

In pertaining in Red...it makes me wonder if it would be a little "alternative" as to having the AC encylcopedia for NA's?

Personally..I'd go for it, especially since it's about 12$ cheaper than Gstop http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Moultonborough
09-25-2011, 03:06 AM
I have one exactly like that for AC 2. It's pretty cool with some concept art in the back. I got it for the Glyph solutions but everything is nice within it. I would expect it will have some of the same info that the encyclopedia does but not as much.

SleezeRocker
09-25-2011, 03:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moultonborough:
I would expect it will have some of the same info that the encyclopedia does but not as much. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probalby. I have the CE stratgey guide of ACB and the glossary section had some pretty neat backstory stuff.

So im wondering if this book may have more maybe some fancy pages from the AC Encyclopedia.
Hope it has some good stuff, as well as game art! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Biomedical-Fire
09-25-2011, 12:25 PM
It'd be nice if Ubiworkshop would allow Amazon to sell the White Edition Encyclopedia as well. This way shipping would be much cheaper.

SleezeRocker
09-25-2011, 05:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Biomedical-Fire:
It'd be nice if Ubiworkshop would allow Amazon to sell the White Edition Encyclopedia as well. This way shipping would be much cheaper. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True, or perhaps even a digital download for PSN and XBL...I wouldn't mind that alternative either.

So anyways I just preordered the ACR CE guide from amazon awhile ago...well technically my friend did since he has amazon and I payed him the 22$.

Hypothetically, if say the AC Encylopedia hits amazon later on, is it possible to cancel the CE guide preorder and switch for the AC Bible? Or if you preorder from amazon does it automatically deduct from Card? (I know not much of online transactions except when I buy from PSN..using prepaid cards :P)

twenty_glyphs
09-25-2011, 06:19 PM
The description for the regular edition of the strategy guide is identical, so it will have the extras section as well. In fact, I'm not even sure what the collector's edition has that the regular edition doesn't, othe than a hard cover. The AC2 and ACB regular edition guides also had extras chapters with recaps of the previous games, glossary-type entries of many different characters/concepts from the stories, and speculation about what it all means. This just sounds like more of the same of that, which is good. But I highly doubt it's comparable to the encyclopedia. We're talking a 256-page encyclopedia versus a maye 40-page chapter in the guide. Also, the encyclopedia is official canon and the guide will have story conjecture by the authors that may or may not be true (they've had some speculations in past guides that I think is way off, or simply lacking). But I have thoroughly enjoyed the last two guides and will be getting this one in addition to the encyclopedia.

Biomedical-Fire
09-26-2011, 04:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SleezeRocker:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Biomedical-Fire:
It'd be nice if Ubiworkshop would allow Amazon to sell the White Edition Encyclopedia as well. This way shipping would be much cheaper. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True, or perhaps even a digital download for PSN and XBL...I wouldn't mind that alternative either.

So anyways I just preordered the ACR CE guide from amazon awhile ago...well technically my friend did since he has amazon and I payed him the 22$.

Hypothetically, if say the AC Encylopedia hits amazon later on, is it possible to cancel the CE guide preorder and switch for the AC Bible? Or if you preorder from amazon does it automatically deduct from Card? (I know not much of online transactions except when I buy from PSN..using prepaid cards :P) </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Amazon will not charge your card until after the item ships. What they do is, run your card for the amount as sort of an pre-authorization, but they won't charge the card, meaning that funds will revert back to your account. Then when it ships, then they will actually take the funds from the account.

MarleyMon81
09-26-2011, 11:38 AM
I'll probably pick up the CE for ACR. I have the hard cover CE's for AC II and ACB so I might as well.

The CE usually has some interesting stuff to look through. I try not to use it in-game too much, but like to look through it once I'm done and relive some moments.

SleezeRocker
09-26-2011, 12:54 PM
Amazon will not charge your card until after the item ships. What they do is, run your card for the amount as sort of an pre-authorization, but they won't charge the card, meaning that funds will revert back to your account. Then when it ships, then they will actually take the funds from the account. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah alright!
@Marley- haha me too! I read strat guides after im done with a game. I don't like to cheap out like other players that read through the guide bit by bit when playing the game.

Plus I enjoy a good read after I finish the game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Which reminds me: Will Oliver Bowden make an ACR themed novel to buy around the time ACR releases? I enjoyed reaidng through Secret Crusade and im 3/4's into Renaissance, then I can read through Brotherhood http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

maxerx180
09-28-2011, 03:17 PM
Gamestop added new details about it:

•Access code for web-based interactive maps - find EVERTHING in the game with these exclusive interactive maps. (a $19.99 value).

SleezeRocker
09-28-2011, 07:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by maxerx180:
Gamestop added new details about it:

•Access code for web-based interactive maps - find EVERTHING in the game with these exclusive interactive maps. (a $19.99 value). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nice find man!
I'll add that onto the OP, don't worry I'll be crediting you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif