PDA

View Full Version : AI Planes-SHUT IT!!

Zapatistas
11-30-2004, 05:07 PM
I posted the following in Oleg's Ready room, with very little replys or interest, so i thought i might try my luck here and hoping am not on a wild goose chase:

Is it possible now or in the future to be able to switch off the radio?

I mean....
There are various times in the game that my concentration is requiered, i do not want to be distracted by AI planes requesting landing permission every 10 seconds while am trying to concentrate on hearing where my enemy is.

It is well known that in real life WWII pilots used to switch their radios off on various occasions...for instance they used to turn their radios off when on a final approach for landing.

I know there is an option to turn the voice off completly....but this isnt what i want. I would like a switch that i can press while in game to mute or unmute the radio.

(not the voice comms for us to speak though!!!) (just to keep the reciver of the onboard radio on/off)

Thank You.

Click on this link to see some of the replys
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=63110913&m=9881074442

Cheers

AFJ_Locust
11-30-2004, 05:18 PM
Nice Idea

Athosd
11-30-2004, 05:24 PM
As discussed in a couple of the replies, the feature you want is not currently in the game - though an extra channel for "receiver off" would be a nice addition.
This is already present to some degree in the integrated voice comms - default channels there are OFF/SIDE/COMMON.

I suggest you write to Oleg and ask if this option could be added in future.

Cheers

Athos

milelongshlong
11-30-2004, 06:08 PM
I will sometimes just switch to the enemy's channel if my guys are talking too much.

pendragon1984
11-30-2004, 10:53 PM
Which of course only works if the enemy isn't constantly chattering, as well.

AI: "This is one, on final approach; requesting permission to land."
AI: "This is two, requesting permission to land, sir."
Ground: "Red Leader, you are cleared for landing."
Ground: "Red Two, negative, you are not cleared for landing. Go around, go around."
AI: "This is two, copy that, going around"
Player: UGH! Enough! *Switches frequency*
AI: "Achtung! Vektor eins, acht, null. Ende."
AI: "Achtung! Bomber, auf elf Uhr!"

Yeah... getting to anything useful though, I can only echo what others have said. It's a good idea, just not one that's implemented yet http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Dr...Watson
11-30-2004, 11:00 PM
Sounds a good idea.

What does the radio silence button do when setting up a flight on full mission builder, I have never tried it.

I doubt they actually switched there radios off in real life, they just adhered to the VERY strict rules for RT silence. Even when the fighters were forming up before a battle, if they had engine trouble they had to waggle their wings and head home, the sqn leader would find out later what the problem was. If you broke the RT silence rule you were given a right good bollocking!

Athosd
11-30-2004, 11:03 PM
Setting radio silence for waypoints will cut in flight AI chatter - however it doesn't work for the landing waypoint, which is when they are at their worst.

sapre
12-01-2004, 03:29 AM
press "p" key repeatedley.

Tooz_69GIAP
12-01-2004, 05:01 AM
One way of reducing the chatter would be to go into your sound settings and reducing the "voice volume" dial all the way to the bottom.

That way you can't hear the AI nattering away, but if you've got the subs up, you'll still see what's going on.

Zapatistas
12-01-2004, 08:42 AM
Ok, am going to wrtie an email to Oleg and his team requesting this option to be implemented on a forthcoming patch.

Does anyone know which email address is an appropiate one? I only have a bug reporting email address, and i have they feeling if the recieve it through that email, it will end up in the trash-can before i can 'gosh'

WereSnowleopard
12-01-2004, 01:23 PM
Japanese Pilots had been trained heavy to talk with other pilots in sign language due to sometime A/C not carry radio to keep it light also sometime aviod hear by emeny.