PDA

View Full Version : Why do I get kicked from Hyperlobby??

stella1954
11-05-2011, 12:01 AM
Guys,

I can log in and start playing alright. But in about 10 minutes I get a severe lag and then moments later I get kicked.

Any technical ideas on what I can do to eliminate this? Is it a computer process, security firewall, etc? I tried Game Booster and really cut the unnecessary services signifcantly. Also, I'm defragged and temp files have been cleared.

Thanks so much,
Stella

voyager_663rd
11-05-2011, 10:35 AM
You're not being booted from hyperlobby.

You're being booted by the host of the game you're in. They have set their game to boot those with higher (their choice) than acceptable lag.

Next time you get booted, go back to the the same host (DON'T enter) and let the mouse hover over the slot. Make a note of what your "ping" is and re-post here.

BTW, are you doing anything else requiring internet connection (downloading music, etc, live streaming, etc). Maybe you're being throttled (ISP restricting amount of traffic).

Short of changing/complaining to your ISP , there may be nothing you can do about it.

Tully__
11-05-2011, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by voyager_663rd:
BTW, are you doing anything else requiring internet connection (downloading music, etc, live streaming, etc)...
You or anyone else in your household sharing the same internet connection. This includes computers that are on but not "in use" starting torrents (including seeding), doing Windows or anti-virus auto-updates, etc.

AnaK774
11-09-2011, 11:49 AM
You might be using software wich is adjusting your cpu speed according to load. IL2's anti speedhacking(adjustable though)is bit sensitive to those too.

But issue sounds like your game is freezing/stuttering and it exeeds tolerances set by host.

stella1954
11-12-2011, 10:36 PM
Great ideas folks. My ping is consistently 68 or 67. No one is downloading anything anywhere in the home. Is it my Mcfee security software? I'm defraged and have added Game Boost to turn of services and processes. Any other ideas?

Thanks all

voyager_663rd
11-14-2011, 12:53 PM
a bit more info if you could to help other (more knowledgable) people than me:

1)dsl or cable?
2)is the slowdown all the time or just specific times? like, do you only try to get online at 7pm or do you sometimes go on at 2 am?

Try to note who/where/time zone the host is--that might have an influence (if he's in Russia and you're in New York just as an example). Their host "name" sometimes indicates their location.

Also, does your ISP throttle your internet connection? I know that mine (did) b4 I switched providers. They claimed not to but whenever I complained, it miraculously "sped up" and the lag disappeared (for a few weeks anyways).

EDIT-->

I came across this post on another gaming site regarding lag. It may not be your problem AND you may not want (or feel qualified) to try some of the suggestions. I post it solely for informational value

If you're experiencing any type of lag or flicker issues, it could be caused by your computer and/or computer OS power management systems. Newer CPUs are designed to throttle CPU performance when idle to save on electricity, then raise the speed back up when you actually put a load on your system. This constant flip-flop can cause slight delays, which inevitably could effect your UO performance. UO is such a light client load on the computer, your CPU can actually throttle itself while you're sitting in a dungeon farming, then switch back to default when you attempt to run away from a PK.

CPU-Z is a great utility to see whether your computer is being throttled by your power management systems. Simply download the client (I use the non-install version), run the .exe and look at what your Core Speed is in the clock section. Let your computer sit idle, then run an application or two and see if it changes. Any change means you have throttling.

These settings do not affect your CPU temperature in anyway, they simply prevent it from throttling itself while not in use. This also means that if you're not using your computer, the CPU will continue to run at its default setting, so expect a tad bit higher electric bill if you leave it on 24/7.

You can disable/uncheck the following items to completely disabling CPU throttling.

Uncheck "Use smart CPU usage reduction" under the General tab of Razor
- This setting does exactly what it says

Disable C1E Enhanced Halt under your BIOS.
- It's usually listed as one of the following: C1E Support, C1E Function, CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E), D.O.T. Control
- This setting is essentially the setting that decreases the voltage supplied to the processor. In the low-clock state (266*6), it doesn't make sense to continually push large voltages through the chip if it's not making much use of it. Hence, if you aren't doing anything, lets save electricity and slow the CPU.

Disable Enhanced Intel Speedstep (EIST) under your BIOS.
- It's usually listed as one of the following: Intel(R) SpeedStep(tm) Tech, PPM(EIST) Mode, CPU EIST Function, Intel EIST, EIST Function
- EIST, in conjunction with C1E, tells the processor to decrease the FSB as well as the Multiplier. Lowering this decreases the performance of the CPU during idle conditions, and increases them to whats set in the BIOS when the CPU comes under a load condition.

Enable High Performance in Vista
If you're running Windows Vista, you may need to adjust the Power Settings in addition to modifying the BIOS (especially if you're using a laptop.) Changing the power settings on a laptop will use up the battery faster, so be warned. The quick and easiest method is this:

Click Start > Control Panel > Hardware & Sound > Power Options > Select 'High Performance' and hit Apply

Tully__
11-15-2011, 05:51 AM
Voyager, I changed your red text to quote, the red was burning my eyeballs out...http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

voyager_663rd
11-19-2011, 07:54 AM
No problem.

I wanted it to stand out. Maybe a bit too much http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Tully__
11-19-2011, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by voyager_663rd:
No problem.

I wanted it to stand out. Maybe a bit too much http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif
I find yellow is better than red in this forum. It's really hard to read red on the grey background if you have eyes my age or older. You can also get an indent without quote by using the list start and list end tags without using the list item tags.

stella1954
11-30-2011, 10:51 PM
Wow...great ideas from Vogager! Thank you. It will take me some time to digest and actively implement. My system is defragged, game booster added, mission cache file cleaned, internet ping is 67 in the game, etc, etc.

I will see if I can locate the suggestions you've provided. Thanks very much!

voyager_663rd
12-10-2011, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by stella1954:
Wow...great ideas from Vogager! Thank you. It will take me some time to digest and actively implement. My system is defragged, game booster added, mission cache file cleaned, internet ping is 67 in the game, etc, etc.

I will see if I can locate the suggestions you've provided. Thanks very much!

http://forums.uosecondage.com/...pic.php?f=32&t=14298 (http://forums.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=14298)