PDA

View Full Version : How long until 4.09, Ubisoft and 1C?

FlatSpinMan
05-09-2007, 12:20 AM
As above, how long will it be till we have the final piece of this sim in our hands? having read threads about Bessarabia and the other awesome map - Czechoslavakia?? - I know the content is pretty much finished. I really want to see the new default skins and find out what flyables will make it.

Anyone got any ideas?
Two weeks is no longer even remotely humourous, BTW.

FlatSpinMan
05-09-2007, 12:20 AM
As above, how long will it be till we have the final piece of this sim in our hands? having read threads about Bessarabia and the other awesome map - Czechoslavakia?? - I know the content is pretty much finished. I really want to see the new default skins and find out what flyables will make it.

Anyone got any ideas?
Two weeks is no longer even remotely humourous, BTW.

micksaf
05-09-2007, 01:14 AM
I read somewhere (sorry can't remember where) about July, with the usual doubts .....

Capt.LoneRanger
05-09-2007, 01:30 AM
I'm pretty sure I read 2 weeks somewhere.

F19_Orheim
05-09-2007, 03:11 AM
Not sure everything is finshed.

This is what yogy posten on SimHQ about the Bessarabia map 05/04/07:

After five months w/o news, a short update:

The map is nearing finalization:
- Most objetcs are placed (ca. 300.000)
- There are three types of village dwellings: Rumanian, Russian and german origin (there were a lot of emigrates from Germany to the Odessa area during the 17th or 18th century)
- first of ca. 40 airfields have been planted

After that, specialties like caserns, railway stations, ports etc. pp. will be created.

When we and the Slovaks are finished, nothing stands in the way for "the last patch", I hope

Feathered_IV
05-09-2007, 03:17 AM
Fingers crossed for the Curtiss CW-21. It's the only thing left that I really want. It'll be ten years at least, before we ever get this close to having one flyable again http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

F19_Orheim
05-09-2007, 03:37 AM
We all keep our fingers crossed, for different reasons. I am very eager for the Bessarabia map - yet another very interesting eastern front area for early war scenario. After spending a lot of time on the Pacific front, I am happy to fly Eastern front again. I am also looking forward to the "new" desert map.

For things more uncertain I still keep my fingers crossed for the Fokker - but my hope is kind of gone. There has been too much talk about Maddox' lack of time. Remember, these maps are made byt 3rd party.

trumps1973
05-09-2007, 07:59 AM
oh for a H-75 pit..... well its nice to dream anyway! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

horseback
05-09-2007, 08:34 AM
There are not a lot of significant differences between the H-75 and H-81 (Tomahawk) 'pits; as a plastic modeler, I learned that Curtiss had a tendency to use multiple layouts in supposedly 'same' models, according to the customers' specifications.

There are, for example, at least three major different instrument panel layouts for the P-40N.

For the P-36/H75 variants, I'd imagine one for the 'French' version with a dark-blue painted interior, the French gunsight (Balle-LeMaire?), and possibly a reversed throttle movement. The later-war (Finnish or RAF) versions might be a little more like the H-81, with a medium grey-green interior...

Hell, we'll be lucky to get the Fokker D.XXI, which I consider the most 'deserving' potential flyable out there. At least it is within the context of the original 'Forgotten Battles'.

cheers

horseback

DIRTY-MAC
05-09-2007, 09:23 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by horseback:
There are not a lot of significant differences between the H-75 and H-81 (Tomahawk) 'pits; as a plastic modeler, I learned that Curtiss had a tendency to use multiple layouts in supposedly 'same' models, according to the customers' specifications.

There are, for example, at least three major different instrument panel layouts for the P-40N.

For the P-36/H75 variants, I'd imagine one for the 'French' version with a dark-blue painted interior, the French gunsight (Balle-LeMaire?), and possibly a reversed throttle movement. The later-war (Finnish or RAF) versions might be a little more like the H-81, with a medium grey-green interior...

Hell, we'll be lucky to get the Fokker D.XXI, which I consider the most 'deserving' potential flyable out there. At least it is within the context of the original 'Forgotten Battles'.

I think the CW-21B is even more so

crazyivan1970
05-09-2007, 10:20 AM
Dont count on any new planes folks. Highly unlikely. ETA of the patch is unknown.

ploughman
05-09-2007, 10:23 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

ps Looking forward to any new material with appreciation.