PDA

View Full Version : simple convergence question

XyZspineZyX
08-27-2003, 08:57 PM
hello everybody.

i'm running IL-2 v1.2 and was wondering if it is possible to set the gun/cannon convergence for the aircraft you fly in quick missions. if it is not possible, what convergence are they using?

i have a 400 mhz celeron with 256 MB RAM and a Geforce 256.
it actually runs fine with 800x600, 16-bit colour, 50% texture quality, short viewing distance, low object detail, flat object shadows, very low ground detail, flat ground shadows and no clouds.

XyZspineZyX
08-27-2003, 08:57 PM
hello everybody.

i'm running IL-2 v1.2 and was wondering if it is possible to set the gun/cannon convergence for the aircraft you fly in quick missions. if it is not possible, what convergence are they using?

i have a 400 mhz celeron with 256 MB RAM and a Geforce 256.
it actually runs fine with 800x600, 16-bit colour, 50% texture quality, short viewing distance, low object detail, flat object shadows, very low ground detail, flat ground shadows and no clouds.

XyZspineZyX
08-27-2003, 10:14 PM
It's been a while since I flew IL-2 1.2, but IIRC it is possible to change/set the convergence on the plane you fly in QMB. There should be an "arming/customization" button somewhere in the QMB menu screen (but it may not be labeled as such) - in FB, it's an unmarked round button over on the far right, next to the drop down button for the weapons loadout for each plane (yours and any accompanying friendlies or enemies) - when you press/click on that button, it should take you to a screen where you can (among other things) set the convergence, bomb delay, etc.

Good luck.

Wir sind die schwarzen Husaren der Luft,
Die Stukas, die Stukas, die Stukas.

... "Stuka-Lied"

XyZspineZyX
08-27-2003, 10:23 PM
If I recall, there's no way to directly set convergence in QMB in the original Il-2. I think you have to open up a pilot career (or create a new one if none exists) and set it in there. Then you can go back to the main menu, and when you start the QMB, your convergence settings will carry over.

---
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who can count in binary, and those who can't.
(If I knew who said that first, I'd give credit here.)

HL callsign: Ctrl_Eeee, the guy you just shot down

XyZspineZyX
08-27-2003, 10:32 PM
there does not seem to exist such a button in IL-2. you can select your side, size, skill, airplane, and loadout. other than that you can choose wingmen, enemy planes, map, starting altitude, advantage/disadvantage, target, AAA or not, weather, time of day. you can load/save and select difficulty, alas i do not find any option to change armament.

i reckon i could create a mission in the FMB instead though. yet that would make it troublesome to change adversaries.

XyZspineZyX
08-27-2003, 11:46 PM
these forums sure are fast..
anyway i didnt get that second reply until after i replied.

nice. that solves my problem. had no idea that the settings were the same.