PDA

View Full Version : Il2Mat troubleshooting

NekoReaperman
03-31-2006, 06:23 PM
Ok, i know this question is probibly been answered a million times, but i downloaded and installed the IL-2 MAT manager for the third time over the years, and i have never been able to get it to work...

What simple mistake am i making?

PS, dont direct me to the website, its disorenting and hard to read....

I am also using the program "Il-2 Stab" for Proper german and finnish markings, will i have to get rid of it?

thanks

NekoReaperman
03-31-2006, 06:23 PM
Ok, i know this question is probibly been answered a million times, but i downloaded and installed the IL-2 MAT manager for the third time over the years, and i have never been able to get it to work...

What simple mistake am i making?

PS, dont direct me to the website, its disorenting and hard to read....

I am also using the program "Il-2 Stab" for Proper german and finnish markings, will i have to get rid of it?

thanks

_VR_ScorpionWorm
04-01-2006, 08:04 AM
You can remove IL2 Stab since IL2 Mat manager can place those proper markings on it as well.

The installation is rather simple now. If you are using V.3.03+ do NOT install the IL2Mat program, just delete it after you extract the files. Run the IL2MatManagerV.XXXFullInstaller.exe, let it goe through its course of installing the files. It installs in the default location, if you have FB installed somewhere else you will need to direct the .exe to the main FB location.

Now for the IMPORTANT part. Go into your Config.ini and under the [GameOptions] heading, place ClearCache=0(case sensitive).

Run the program, select your markings, hit the quit button, you will see a load bar, that shows its setting up the markings for ingame. Go ingame, QMB, test it out.

FlatSpinMan
04-01-2006, 08:17 AM
As above. I agree though that the site is awfully hard to navigate around. Damn good program though.

NekoReaperman
04-01-2006, 09:46 AM
where is config.ini?

i see a file called "conf"

EDIT: and in conf.ini, there is a [game] heading, but no [Game Options]

game looks like this:

[game]
Arcade=0
HighGore=1
mapPadX=0.6695312
mapPadY=-0.045833334
viewSet=40
Intro=0
NoSubTitles=0
NoChatter=0
NoHudLog=0
NoLensFlare=1
iconTypes=0
eventlog=eventlog.lst
eventlogkeep=0
3dgunners=1
SubTitlesLines=2
TypeClouds=0
ClearCache=1

_VR_ScorpionWorm
04-01-2006, 10:42 AM
Oh yeah, it should say just [Game] was thinking of another game. Now you need to change ClearCache from "1" to "0". 0 is a No whereas 1 is a Yes. You are telling the program to clear all your selected options each and everytime, this may conflict with them showing up and increase time it takes to load up all the selected Mat Files, thats why Aces asked Oleg to impement that line, so that show up almost as soon as the game starts. Oh, and make sure the option V.3.03+ is checked(within the MatManager GUI).

NekoReaperman
04-01-2006, 12:04 PM
Thanks it works fine now....

What cool things can i do with it that i may not know about?

Also, why does it take so long for the files to be copied? 3-5 minutes is a little long i think, especally when i have to change it every map change!

_VR_ScorpionWorm
04-01-2006, 12:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NekoReaperman:
Thanks it works fine now....

What cool things can i do with it that i may not know about?

Also, why does it take so long for the files to be copied? 3-5 minutes is a little long i think, especally when i have to change it every map change! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What cool things? Well, there are year tabs at the top that you can select for certain years. And if you like a certain custom selection of markings you can save those by clicking the save button next to the setup button. Pretty neat addition.

How do you mean take so long? After you hit quit? Well, it needs to take the options that you selected and move the Mat files into the proper position so they show in game. It also might have to do with how much RAM you have, I run 1.5Gigs. and with a fresh install and new markings chosen it takes only about 1 minute to complete.

It should not take this long for the markings to show in game, it should be instantaneous, that is unless of course you kept ClearCache at 1.

_VR_ScorpionWorm
04-01-2006, 12:12 PM
Here (http://www.flying-legends.net/php/downloads/listings.php?cat_id=441) is a link where you can get a few skins that work well with IL2Mat manager.(aircraft specific)

3.JG51_Molders
04-02-2006, 03:03 PM
I seem to having a wierd problem with the manager. It seems that the markings I originally selected appear on my BF-109F4...but no matter what I change it to, the asme markings always appear. When I select weathering, it doesn't come up, and I see the standard IL2 stab marknigs no amtter what i select. I have version 2.33 (took me forever to navigate that website). Help needed please!

_VR_ScorpionWorm
04-09-2006, 09:14 PM
Sorry for the late reply, remove IL2 Stab, it may be conflicting with the IL2Mat Manager program. You won't need it as I said above, there are options for correct Finnish markings and the hakenkreuz.