PDA

View Full Version : Why ignore online issues

Wolfpac991
09-18-2010, 10:40 AM
So no matter what I do I keep getting online connection issues and lag when I play online. It is not my connection. I have gone to speedtest website, no other game has ever lagged on PC or PS3, my connection is fine. Yet I can find nothing from UBI addressing these issues. I know i am not the only one out there. Has anyone found a fix? is it with a certain model of PS3? is it some setting that I have on that i need to fix? I am getting ready to return this game if i cant play online what is the point.....

Wolfpac991
09-18-2010, 10:40 AM
So no matter what I do I keep getting online connection issues and lag when I play online. It is not my connection. I have gone to speedtest website, no other game has ever lagged on PC or PS3, my connection is fine. Yet I can find nothing from UBI addressing these issues. I know i am not the only one out there. Has anyone found a fix? is it with a certain model of PS3? is it some setting that I have on that i need to fix? I am getting ready to return this game if i cant play online what is the point.....

koolhandluke777
09-18-2010, 10:42 AM
There coming with a patch in October I believe, so just a little bit longer.

Gamedude107
09-18-2010, 11:27 AM
the patch better fix the unplayable lag, or the best part of this brilliant game will be ruined http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

koolhandluke777
09-18-2010, 05:59 PM
I hope!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

KILLER-ST
09-21-2010, 08:06 AM
hi yes i agree the online needs a patch or a server check as every multiplayer game ive played so far has had lag issues of varying degrees. That at the moment makes it fairly unplayable online. -Im not playing ranked until they fix the issues.
I find it better and less lag if u play 1v1 or ffa with 3 players help. As soon as its fixed ruse will be great. ps3+ruse+move=great.

KILLER-ST
09-24-2010, 06:52 AM
I played a few 1v1 last night and there was little too no lag. Managed a 4v4 with mininum lag. Then a 4v4 with no lag until the peak of the battle everybody had big armies the game said 10mins remaining then the big freeze everything just stopped. could still look round the battlefield with move camera but nothing else also coudnt surrender or quit from within the game had to use xmb quit instead.
Freeze is at least more common in 1st person shooters multiplayer.
But its alittle more frustrating in an rts were youve just spent 30minsw building your army for the battle.
But at least there is some improvement. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

vincenty82
09-24-2010, 08:56 AM
You guys are lucky. All i am getting for the last 4 days is lost connection. I can check my stats and play SP but that is prety much it. BFBC2 and other games work fine but RUSE is denying any cooperation.

Gamedude107
09-24-2010, 09:37 AM
i always get "ruse has encountered a problem with this player" for about 10-50 secs every 2-5 secs until everyone just leaves

i havent even built a single unit online yet
and last time i tried the game only lasted 12 seconds...

Axe99
09-24-2010, 04:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gamedude107:
i always get "ruse has encountered a problem with this player" for about 10-50 secs every 2-5 secs until everyone just leaves

i havent even built a single unit online yet
and last time i tried the game only lasted 12 seconds... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If it happens to you every game, and then people quit on you, it's probably your connection. What's your broadband like, and are you NAT 2? RUSE seems to be a bit picky with connections, and brutal on low-speed ones.

Personally, I generally have no trouble at all, and I'm usually playing European or US players from Australia, so it is possible to have a good connection.

ChilledLJ
09-29-2010, 05:58 PM
i got the game forPS3 today and almost every gamea message will comeupon screen saying connection problemwith the other player and makethe gamestop for a second then restart. what is goin on? some games are unplayable, it is stopping and starting every 5 seconds!

Axe99
09-29-2010, 08:57 PM
Like for Gamedude, what's your connection, NAT and router like ChilledLJ?

JulyDerek
09-29-2010, 09:25 PM
Most of online issues are local problems and not problems at the Server end.

Try port forwarding for the PS3. Put your Router model & "port forwarding for the PS3" in Google.

Simpler, you can put your PS3 in DMZ on your router. This means there is a direct connection in and out from your PS3 and nothing like firewall or any other restrictions are blocking any ports. There is no security risk in putting your PS3 into DMZ as there are no trojans or viruses know to attack open ports on your PS3.

Your PS3 may work great online with some games, while not with others because of the above issues.

Most online problems would get solved if local router issues are corrected.

Lag will be there for all games. With differences in connection distance, quality and bandwidth connecting to each other. This issue cannot be solved, you have to live with it.

ChilledLJ
09-30-2010, 07:47 AM
there is nothing wrong with my setting they work flawlessley on xbox and PS3, are you telling me you have never seen this thing come up on screen with says having a problem connecting with the other player, it happens almost everygame, which is ok if it is once or twice but some games are unplayable when it pauses like that every 2 minutes.
this issue does not exist on the xbox version so why should it be different for pS3?

Axe99
09-30-2010, 04:51 PM
I've seen it, but it's fairly unusual for me, and I'm from Australia, and generally playing people from Europe and the US. I've got a pretty solid net connection and the PS3 in the DMZ, and about 90% of the time it runs like a charm.

InfiniteStates
10-01-2010, 03:29 AM
Yeah I've hosted games (in the UK) with Axe in and they have by and large run pretty smoothly. And I have a pretty horrible upload rate (download is ok though).

There are problems now and then, but if you are getting constant, frequent problems, you need to look at your network set up. Having said that, if you are with one of these ISPs that offer ridiculous download speeds, like 20+mb, I have noticed people on these connections have a lot of stability problems.

I have my PS3 in a DMZ, with a static IP assigned and UPnP disabled.