PDA

View Full Version : slightly off topic question...

Fairus60
03-14-2010, 11:21 PM
well Im writting a fiction novel and some of my characters and designs assemble to those in AC, for example Ive got 2 hooded dudes that are from the crusades and renaissance respectively, even though the story doesnt assemble to that of AC, only that its a bit about ancestors too. Honestly I created those characters as a tribute to AC and Ubi Montreal. Do you think id have any copyright problems for this? I do not intend to steal others ideas

Fairus60
03-14-2010, 11:21 PM
well Im writting a fiction novel and some of my characters and designs assemble to those in AC, for example Ive got 2 hooded dudes that are from the crusades and renaissance respectively, even though the story doesnt assemble to that of AC, only that its a bit about ancestors too. Honestly I created those characters as a tribute to AC and Ubi Montreal. Do you think id have any copyright problems for this? I do not intend to steal others ideas

Fairus60
03-15-2010, 02:25 PM
oh come on!!, would anyone mind lending me a hand here?

FiskMunk
03-15-2010, 02:30 PM
I'm pretty sure you'll be safe as long as you don't make any money of it. Otherwise, ask for their permission?

Fairus60
03-15-2010, 07:09 PM
but aint that too much legal procedure? thanks for replying by the way

Kraschman2010
03-15-2010, 07:21 PM
It's less legal procedure than getting them mad at you and having them sue you for trademark and copyright infringement.

Best advice, tread lightly and cover yer rear end.

ShiroixD
03-15-2010, 09:36 PM
I think that there shouldn't be any problems at all as long as you don't take credit for it, i mean you did it but it was ubisoft idea!
It'll be awesome if you ever finish with it post it in here man, i would love to see that! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Fairus60
03-15-2010, 09:47 PM
thanks, it really aint that related to AC, only those characters and that my main characters are all time hooded XD, besides taht it doesnt relate at all, but AC was one of my main inspirations for it, would it be enough if I wrote a special thanks section and add ubisoft there for inspiring me? otherwise, how do I ask for their permission or at least leave them clear that I do not intend to steal their ideas? I hope there aint any problem if Im mexican right? I mean, you know the diference of countries between ubi and me. thanks for the help guys!!!