PDA

View Full Version : Will Crusades reference Portuguese Crusades and "Ordem de Cristo" ("Order of Christ")

Deoki
05-07-2006, 08:05 AM
In every american adaptation of the Christian Crusades, they all seem to forget that Portuguese Crusades were responsible for its expansion on Africa (Goa, Damão, Diu, Cabo Verde, and all the West coast), India, Japan and Brazil (since they were the first to discover the Americas, Africas and Indias.

Its unfair not to mention this because Portugal was the most important country in the world from 1415 (start of the Portuguese Discoveries) to 1543 (when they establish commercial afairs with Japan).

Sorry for the mistakes. English is not my native language.

Deoki
05-07-2006, 08:05 AM
In every american adaptation of the Christian Crusades, they all seem to forget that Portuguese Crusades were responsible for its expansion on Africa (Goa, Damão, Diu, Cabo Verde, and all the West coast), India, Japan and Brazil (since they were the first to discover the Americas, Africas and Indias.

Its unfair not to mention this because Portugal was the most important country in the world from 1415 (start of the Portuguese Discoveries) to 1543 (when they establish commercial afairs with Japan).

Sorry for the mistakes. English is not my native language.

alimokrane
05-07-2006, 09:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Deoki:

Sorry for the mistakes. English is not my native language. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are indeed absolutely right about this. The game promises an unmatchable realism in Animation and I hope it can deliver some of that realism in terms of story and historical accuracy. Welcome to the forums by the way! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

OH_DragonBoy
05-08-2006, 11:54 AM
If I was making this game, I'd try to keep away from anything that can be considered absolute historical accuracy. References and dates at most, but peopole don't want to play a history lesson, most of the time; they just want to play a game. And also, no matter how much you abide by the facts, there's always ONE person who will nitpick and know more about the facts than you do.

Prol33tariat
07-26-2007, 10:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OH_DragonBoy:
If I was making this game, I'd try to keep away from anything that can be considered absolute historical accuracy. References and dates at most, but peopole don't want to play a history lesson, most of the time; they just want to play a game. And also, no matter how much you abide by the facts, there's always ONE person who will nitpick and know more about the facts than you do. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

this would add a large interest for me as i can claim my ancestry straight back to Joao II, the Portuguese crusade was a bloody thing, however im not sure that the hashhsshashin were active during the period.

and BTW, the Portuguese pretty much discovered the New world, and still to this day hold influence over large agreements and Nato accords, because of the historical importance, as well as the ratio of prominent people to population is way above any other country, IMHO, no source no source, them and Italians, did i mention im Italian Portuguese ?

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

noobfun
07-26-2007, 11:40 PM
but only the capture of african lands could be considered a crusade in the holy war sense

india, japan, the americas wernt muslim nations holding what the christians considered thier lands

and the times out by 400+ years

the first second and third crusade armies were mostly german (holy roman empire) french english and italian(small contingents and mercenaries)

so no not much chance of portugese references, it was a minor player in european politics, and pretty much a none entity in middle east politics

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Originally posted by Deoki : (since they were the first to discover the Americas, Africas and Indias. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ummm ...... ummm....... what?

if you mean the americas and the west indies ( part of the americas) then yes

africa was known pre greek history, india was partially invaded by alexander the great but was known to the persians long before then so probabily the greeks too

covered indies/india as i wasnt sure from your spelling, as you say english isnt your main language so covered both to make sure

the_assassin_07
07-27-2007, 09:38 AM
Am I the only one who doesn't understand all this?
-----------------------------
-You can't escape the Assassin-

noobfun
07-27-2007, 10:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by the_assassin_07:
-You can't escape the Assassin- </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes

the_assassin_07
07-27-2007, 10:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">quote:
Originally posted by the_assassin_07:

yes </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok just wanted to know http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif but seirously how can you guys understand all of this? I mean "Will Crusades reference Portuguese Crusades and Ordem de Cristo(Order of Christ)" and "In every american adaptation of the Christian Crusades, they all seem to forget that Portuguese Crusades were responsible for its expansion on Africa (Goa, Damão, Diu, Cabo Verde, and all the West coast), India, Japan and Brazil (since they were the first to discover the Americas, Africas and Indias.

Sorry for the mistakes. English is not my native language" HELP MEEEE!!!!!!
----------------------------

noobfun
07-30-2007, 07:33 AM
because its called history its written down in books

and they pretend to teach it in schools too

its fun go learn some ^_^

unless your american then you can go invent some becasue theres a real shortage over there apparently, they invented most of what happened in the second world war so why not do the same for the medieval periods too

Altair_92
07-30-2007, 07:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by noobfun:
because its called history its written down in books

and they pretend to teach it in schools too

its fun go learn some ^_^

unless your american then you can go invent some becasue theres a real shortage over there apparently, they invented most of what happened in the second world war so why not do the same for the medieval periods too </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great . Country bashing. If you want to do that then go make another thread. Dude, stop bashing people's coutries, people, and so on. Not everyone's the same and you have no right to talk about anyone's country that way. Just get on topic and stop being a d*ck head.

LandoCoop
07-30-2007, 08:17 AM
N00Bfun i only got one thing to say. OH DANG YOU GOT SERVED Noob!!!

noobfun
07-30-2007, 08:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lando_coop:
N00Bfun i only got one thing to say. OH DANG YOU GOT SERVED Noob!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lmao ...ummm yeah im real hurt .. there might even be tears

im gutted i missed the america is the best and saved the world chat in the locked hitler thread, guess a little seeped out

i could have had real fun in there beating sense into people with history

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Altair_92 : Great . Country bashing. If you want to do that then go make another thread. Dude, stop bashing people's coutries, people, and so on. Not everyone's the same and you have no right to talk about anyone's country that way. Just get on topic and stop being a d*ck head. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hmmm btw dunno if you noticed it was on topic, until you decided to join in, and ummm "dude, stop bashing" would imply i do it a lot ... how about you share with group and supply the proof

sticks and stones yadda yadda, thanks for comming

Altair_92
07-30-2007, 08:44 AM
I didn't say America's the best. There is no best country in the world. I'm just saying that you really don't have the right to bash someone's country for no reason. You need to chill. You going to bash Japan for having so much technology, France for having different customs, China for being overpopulated, Scotland because people wear kilts (Some still do)? Where are you from anyway? The best country in the world?

And um, you can drop the smart*ss thing. It's obviously not working.

noobfun
07-30-2007, 08:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Altair_92:
I didn't say America's the best. There is no best country in the world. I'm just saying that you really don't have the right to bash someone's country for no reason. You need to chill. You going to bash Japan for having so much technology, France for having different customs, China for being overpopulated, Scotland because people wear kilts (Some still do)? Where are you from anyway? The best country in the world?

And um, you can drop the smart*ss thing. It's obviously not working. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

your right i should drop the smart *** remarks your unable to read and understand them but hey keep having you little tantrums i dont mind

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Scotland because people wear kilts (Some still do)? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

btw the kilts an english invention and the whole tartan system for clans

it was invented for a scotish revival for the king of england (cant remember which one of the top oof my head) who had a strong intrest in the history of the highlanders , so traditional dress etc that had been destroyed and outlawed by previous english kings was brought back

the exception was the kilt which was a long shirt with a belt the same as in ireland now became a sperate garment and the whole clan tartan thing was invented

LandoCoop
07-30-2007, 08:53 AM
well hes obviously from Canada. there always cocky over there(I'm canadian so i get to say stuff like this)

BTW this post right now is a joke

noobfun
07-30-2007, 08:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lando_coop:
well hes obviously from Canada. there always cocky over there(I'm canadian so i get to say stuff like this)

BTW this post right now is a joke </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

want another try?

i thought canadians were supposed to be polite not cocky :P (not canadian but ill say it anyways )

Altair_92
07-30-2007, 08:56 AM

BTW this post right now is a joke </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

eddeadjones89
07-30-2007, 09:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Deoki:

This is set during the THIRD CRUSADE, Late 1100s to early 1200s.

So it's not unfair that the representation of the Crusades misses those things out. This game is set in a different period. It's like saying why is the First Crusade not included in a game set during the Ancient Greek times.

I write historical ficion and have been researching the Crusade of St. Louis (King Louis IX) for over a year now, and I can assure you, to include those events in a game set 2 to 3 hundred years before that is almost impossible. The world changed a huge amount during those times in terms of the Crusades.

1415 to 1543 isn't considered as one of the main Crusader periods anyway, the last Crusade is counted as the 9th Crusade (Or 7th depending on how you categorise them), and ended in 1291 (if I recall correctly).

Anything after that is not considered as a 'Crusade', but there certainly were many more wars of religious motivation after 1291.

eddeadjones89
07-30-2007, 09:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eddeadjones89:

This is set during the THIRD CRUSADE, Late 1100s to early 1200s.

So it's not unfair that the representation of the Crusades misses those things out. This game is set in a different period. It's like saying why is the First Crusade not included in a game set during the Ancient Greek times.

I write historical ficion and have been researching the Crusade of St. Louis (King Louis IX) for over a year now, and I can assure you, to include those events in a game set 2 to 3 hundred years before that is almost impossible. The world changed a huge amount during those times in terms of the Crusades.

1415 to 1543 isn't considered as one of the main Crusader periods anyway, the last Crusade is counted as the 9th Crusade (Or 7th depending on how you categorise them), and ended in 1291.

Anything after that is not considered as a 'Crusade', but there certainly were many more wars of religious motivation after 1291. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

noobfun
07-30-2007, 09:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eddeadjones89:

1415 to 1543 isn't considered as one of the main Crusader periods anyway, the last Crusade is counted as the 9th Crusade (Or 7th depending on how you categorise them), and ended in 1291 (if I recall correctly).

Anything after that is not considered as a 'Crusade', but there certainly were many more wars of religious motivation after 1291. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

show off :P

yepp 1291 the fall of acre and the end of christian control over palestine for a long time

eddeadjones89
07-30-2007, 11:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by noobfun:

show off :P

yepp 1291 the fall of acre and the end of christian control over palestine for a long time </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Meh, I pick up information not related to Louis' Crusade during my research. All of a sudden I seem to be able to rember dates and sizes of armies etc. Just thought I'd help spread some knowledge!

AldirTheKnight
08-02-2007, 12:31 PM
I speak spanish, english, portuguese and italian http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

the_assassin_07
08-02-2007, 01:04 PM
Wow....... kl http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

AldirTheKnight
08-02-2007, 01:09 PM
ja sei

the_assassin_07
08-02-2007, 01:22 PM
Huh? Let me guess thank you?

AldirTheKnight
08-02-2007, 01:34 PM
no, it means "I know" in portuguese, lol

Prol33tariat
08-02-2007, 01:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AldirTheKnight:
no, it means "I know" in portuguese, lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

não gostam de polyglots em torno de aqui sejam amigo cuidadoso.

Italiano;

ma che ancora la vostra vanteria, questi tipi hanno ottenuto tutti arrabbiati ed unraveled il loro composure e detto me all'ero un ****** gongolante diretto maiale, che non potrebbe parlare una lingua. Inoltre parlo inglese portoghese, italiano, spagnolo ed alcuni altri... Arrivederci

the_assassin_07
08-02-2007, 01:40 PM
Show off......

GPNM
08-03-2007, 07:38 AM
I don't see what the Portuguese "crusades" have anything to do with this.

The time period, as well as the factions involved are made pretty clear.

I don't see why people feel that every piece of history needs to be references from that time.

the_assassin_07
08-03-2007, 07:39 AM
YEAH!!!! Whatever you said.....

Altair_92
08-03-2007, 07:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GPNM:
I don't see what the Portuguese "crusades" have anything to do with this.

The time period, as well as the factions involved are made pretty clear.

I don't see why people feel that every piece of history needs to be references from that time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Once again you are right. its about the 3rd crusade. Not every other piece of history at the moment. And about the Crhistians and so on. isn't realistic enough?! Oh well, I guess that some people will never be satisfied. But no one will care if it's a few picky people! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

the_assassin_07
08-03-2007, 07:55 AM
Yeah lol http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif but what I don't get is why does everyone pick on small things that aren't realistic when every other game out there aren't 100% realistic but some people love it.

Altair_92
08-03-2007, 08:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by the_assassin_07:
Yeah lol http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif but what I don't get is why does everyone pick on small things that aren't realistic when every other game out there aren't 100% realistic but some people love it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

EXACTLY! I agree with you as well. They say -

This isn't realistic even though the other 99.9999999% is and even though the developers spent hundreds on getting historians to help them out with building styles and what happened and so on.

Sheesh.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

PS: 500 posts! WOOP WOOP! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/partyhat.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/partyhat.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/partyhat.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/partyhat.gif

the_assassin_07
08-03-2007, 08:02 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif I mean c'mon people.

AldirTheKnight
08-03-2007, 10:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Prol33tariat:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AldirTheKnight:
no, it means "I know" in portuguese, lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

não gostam de polyglots em torno de aqui sejam amigo cuidadoso.

Italiano;

ma che ancora la vostra vanteria, questi tipi hanno ottenuto tutti arrabbiati ed unraveled il loro composure e detto me all'ero un ****** gongolante diretto maiale, che non potrebbe parlare una lingua. Inoltre parlo inglese portoghese, italiano, spagnolo ed alcuni altri... Arrivederci </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sheesh...I just wanted to be random not sound like a "piccolo stronzo"

sataridis
09-06-2009, 07:28 PM
Portugal played a major role in Templar history and crusaders history, since the RECONQUISTA in portugal and spain defended Europe from muslim invasions...

Then, when the Pope triyed to destroy the Templars, most found refugee in Portugal becoming the "Ordem de Cristo" (Order of Christ), later playing a major role in Portuguese discouveries...

And all talk about india and africa already been known by the greeks... give me a break!!!

America was already known by its inhabitants! And still Colombus (which WAS portuguese) "discouvered" it...

EmperorxZurg
09-06-2009, 07:59 PM
no it didn't I'm sorry but u got ur times mixed up and this was a HUGE necropost, just read the description I left on ur forum page

sataridis
09-06-2009, 08:03 PM
check the references on the order of the temple and the order of christ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denis_of_Portugal

EmperorxZurg
09-06-2009, 08:05 PM
never.....trust........Wikipedia. I rther go with tons of documents and profeesor studies along with actual templar documents which I have been collecting for 7 years against wikipedia

sataridis
09-06-2009, 08:09 PM
But I garante to you this particular information on the orders is correct, for my whole summer was spent travelling to related places such as "Convento de Tomar" (check this one out even if it is just for fun, because it is really cool, around this subject)

I assure to you I will check this better tomorrow... Now I really got to sleep. I swear I'm openmind and receptive to most anything, and I usually insist oinly if I trully believe in something... still, I might be wrong, but just give me a chance to prove otherwise...

EmperorxZurg
09-06-2009, 08:31 PM
fine I'll give u a chance, good luck tommorow i guess