PDA

View Full Version : Getting started on mods

Afromike1
01-26-2009, 07:36 AM
Okay so Ive decided to use mods, what are all the things I need to have mods used on my il2?

What are the best mods to get?

and also, is there like a mod where I can switch between mods and no-modds quickly when playing il2?

Afromike1
01-26-2009, 07:36 AM
Okay so Ive decided to use mods, what are all the things I need to have mods used on my il2?

What are the best mods to get?

and also, is there like a mod where I can switch between mods and no-modds quickly when playing il2?

SlickStick
01-26-2009, 07:41 AM
No links, but Google All Aircraft Arcade and you'll find a forum that will help you with each of your questions. There is a unified installer available which contains many of the popular mods, as well as a version switcher for going between modded and un-modded.

There are many mods in development as well as others to add to your unified install.

One of the neat things about running/joining a mod server with a unified install, is that, from what I understand, you can have a unified install and the host can set the server to checkruntime=2 and only those with the exact same mods installed can get in. So, the command can work with what the host has installed as the basis for comparison.