PDA

View Full Version : Start campaigns just floating alone on the ocean

Dogdoc64
12-30-2004, 02:16 PM
I got this sim for Christmas and am having problems getting started, despite having read the manual and readme file. When I start the dynamic campaign as a bomber in the Coral Sea campaign I end up adrift on the ocean with no ship or plane in sight. Why is that? When I enlist as a fighter I am placed on a carrier, although I never find any action. I also find the water has little or no texture or reflection, despite having the graphic sliders all the way up (P4, 3.6GHZ, ATI 800XT PE)

Dogdoc64
12-30-2004, 02:16 PM
I got this sim for Christmas and am having problems getting started, despite having read the manual and readme file. When I start the dynamic campaign as a bomber in the Coral Sea campaign I end up adrift on the ocean with no ship or plane in sight. Why is that? When I enlist as a fighter I am placed on a carrier, although I never find any action. I also find the water has little or no texture or reflection, despite having the graphic sliders all the way up (P4, 3.6GHZ, ATI 800XT PE)

FoolTrottel
12-30-2004, 03:12 PM
Welcome Doc !

- 'Adrift on the ocean' Press M to view the Map. Click in the map to change it's scale. (Or try the bomber campaign in New Guinea, lots of landscape!)
- What kind of in game dificulty settings are you on? (If you have 'No map Icons' and 'No Minimap Path' switched on, the map will not be a lot of help here....)

- What kind of in game graphics settings are you on? (Regarding to the water's texture and reflection, be more specific on 'graphic sliders all the way up') Start the Quick Mission Builder, and adjust the time to near dawn... things look a lot different if the sun is lower to the horizon, especially in the Pacific!
- This game has a lot of realism in it: The Pacific Ocean is LARGE! A lot of dull blue water and sky, especially if you are high up in the latter.

- Read about AutoPilot and Time Compression?

Basic campaings can be better.
But, there are lot's of custom missions available: netwings.org (http://www.netwings.org/library/Pacific_Fighters/)

(Wether PF alone is enough for these missions, I can't tell you, I use the merged IL2/FB-AEP-PF)

Have Fun!

PBNA-Boosher
12-30-2004, 04:44 PM
My god, everyone asks for realistic campaigns, and now they whine about em. It is VERY realistic to not see any action at all on most missions.

I have no idea why the bomber campaign isn't working for you. Are you using the latest version of the game, 3.03?