PDA

View Full Version : The database is so empty ...

killzab
11-21-2011, 11:53 AM
I finished the game and looked at the database and it is SO empty, there are a lot of character missing. For example you get one entry for the african templar, but not for the actress ?! Why ?

killzab
11-21-2011, 11:53 AM
I finished the game and looked at the database and it is SO empty, there are a lot of character missing. For example you get one entry for the african templar, but not for the actress ?! Why ?

ironduke6
11-21-2011, 12:06 PM
I couldn't agree more, it seems rushed and lazy. In ACII, it was such a joy to read the in-depth articles, moreover, what ever happened to the Templar target videos? They added so much back story, helping to drive the main plot forward.

LightRey
11-21-2011, 12:06 PM
Because you didn't get close enough to access their entry.

Assassin_M
11-21-2011, 12:10 PM
Hmmmmm is there nothing you people dont complain about ?
Oh how about this "I hate the sound of Ezio`s boots, how lazy"

ironduke6
11-21-2011, 12:15 PM
If we don't complain about or discuss these issues then how will the developers ever know how to make the game better?

Assassin_M
11-21-2011, 12:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ironduke6:
If we don't complain about or discuss these issues then how will the developers ever know how to make the game better? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ever heard of constructive criticism ?
Complain, but dont be a crybaby while at it..

LightRey
11-21-2011, 12:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ironduke6:
If we don't complain about or discuss these issues then how will the developers ever know how to make the game better? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
This isn't an issue, this is just nagging.

ironduke6
11-21-2011, 12:23 PM
Your right. Since I don't often do posts, how do you suggest I take my opinion on this matter and turn it in to constructive criticism? Any tips would be appreciated?

LightRey
11-21-2011, 12:27 PM
I would suggest that you at the very least take the time to think of suggestions and maybe some compliments.

Assassin_M
11-21-2011, 12:27 PM
Well first, dont call them lazy, you are just sitting down and enjoying the game not knowing how much strain and countless hours of hard work was put into this Product.

Second, Criticize something essential or game breaking.

Third, If you`ll criticize something, praise something else, you have to give them a reason to listen to you and actually like it.

Blind2Society
11-21-2011, 12:32 PM
Don't listen to these poeple. If you feel the databases this time round were rushed and lazy than say so.

Assassin_M
11-21-2011, 12:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blind2Society:
Don't listen to these poeple. If you feel the databases this time round were rushed and lazy than say so. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I swear you made me laugh so hard xD
oh and your username fits you perfectly.

killzab
11-21-2011, 12:36 PM
And I will, and where did you see I complain all the time ? I also say this game had the best and most emotional ending in a game in a long time, but little things like the empty database or the rushed master assassins missions ( there is no sound when you see the "dying sequence" of the templar like there is usually) make this game feel rushed, less finished than previous entries.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
11-21-2011, 12:37 PM
Hi guys, people see things in different ways.

Please respect each others opinions. If someone finds something is not up to their taste, it is not 'lazy' or 'moaning' it's their opinion.

Blind2Society
11-21-2011, 12:38 PM
Dude you're arguing with him for no reason what so ever. He stated his opinion and you tell him he should say stuff he likes if he wants to critisize? Or that he should only talk about game breaking issues? What planet do you live on exactly? Stop trolling.

Ubi-Mush, a new forum manager? Welcome! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

<sub>sorry if you're not new, I've just never saw you on here before.</sub> http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

killzab
11-21-2011, 12:40 PM
If I followed Assassin_M then we would get a perfectly functional but BARE BONES game, if it isn't worth complaining, let's just scrap the database entirely.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
11-21-2011, 12:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
Ubi-Mush, a new forum manager? Welcome! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

<sub>sorry if you're not new, I've just never saw you on here before.</sub> http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank You http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I am new to here at least http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Assassin_M
11-21-2011, 12:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blind2Society:
Dude you're arguing with him for no reason what so ever. He stated his opinion and you tell him he should say stuff he likes if he wants to critisize? Or that he should only talk about game breaking issues? What planet do you live on exactly? Stop trolling. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, sir I live in a planet apparently you seem to belong to perfectly and If everyone is like you, then I want none of it... Im outta here.
But think about this, try drawing something and put some effort in it, not perfect effort, but it is SOME effort, about 10 hours or so, then show it to people and see how you`ll feel when they call it "Lazy"

@Killzap: You dont think I dont complain too ? I complained about the lack of armor removal, I complained about Brotherhood being too short, I complained about AC I being too repetitive.
Guess what ? Im human too and I love the game and I want to be the best.

Blind2Society
11-21-2011, 12:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:
Im outta here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Going to troll somewhere else are you? Thank god for that.

Btw, I've never, in my entire life, done anything creative that took a lot of time and effort that has been critisized afterwards. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

ironduke6
11-21-2011, 12:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:
Well first, dont call them lazy, you are just sitting down and enjoying the game not knowing how much strain and countless hours of hard work was put into this Product.

Third, If you`ll criticize something, praise something else, you have to give them a reason to listen to you and actually like it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you, I shall try and take heed. Although you mention the need to criticise something essential, I would argue that even the smallest details can make a game truly memorable and profoundly enjoyable. Yes the database is not the cardinal feature of this game, but personally it adds that extra level of excellence. Thus, in many respects, I am adding praise, for in ACII I found it a fantastic aspect of game play. However, in ACR, there could have been, room for improvements, such as how the information on the targets were presented. I do not wish to insult the assassin's creed designers, but pass on my opinion on how the game could have been made better.

albertwesker22
11-21-2011, 12:48 PM
Keep it above the belt guys.

Assassin_M
11-21-2011, 12:50 PM

Third, If you`ll criticize something, praise something else, you have to give them a reason to listen to you and actually like it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you, I shall try and take heed. Although you mention the need to criticise something essential, I would argue that even the smallest details can make a game truly memorable and profoundly enjoyable. Yes the database is not the cardinal feature of this game, but personally it adds that extra level of excellence. Thus, in many respects, I am adding praise, for in ACII I found it a fantastic aspect of game play. However, in ACR, there could have been, room for improvements, such as how the information on the targets were presented. I do not wish to insult the assassin's creed designers, but pass on my opinion on how the game could have been made better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I thank you good sir for understanding my "trolling" and I`ll admit I guess it is your opinion to criticize what EVER you want no matter how insignificant it may be, so I apologize if I seemed imposing.. and I apologize to Blind2society If I seemed like a troll.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
11-21-2011, 12:53 PM
Well opinions are neither right or wrong, everyone has them http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Assassin_M
11-21-2011, 12:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ubi-Mush:
Well opinions are neither right or wrong, everyone has them http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think you are too nice lol.

iN3krO
11-21-2011, 01:02 PM
Dude you're arguing with him for no reason what so ever. He stated his opinion and you tell him he should say stuff he likes if he wants to critisize? Or that he should only talk about game breaking issues? What planet do you live on exactly? Stop trolling. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, sir I live in a planet apparently you seem to belong to perfectly and If everyone is like you, then I want none of it... Im outta here.
But think about this, try drawing something and put some effort in it, not perfect effort, but it is SOME effort, about 10 hours or so, then show it to people and see how you`ll feel when they call it "Lazy"

@Killzap: You dont think I dont complain too ? I complained about the lack of armor removal, I complained about Brotherhood being too short, I complained about AC I being too repetitive.
Guess what ? Im human too and I love the game and I want to be the best. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

with the amount of money they get for the game and for the future DLC, they owe us more then an half-complet database...

I have not the game so i can't see if it's complet but if it's not complet then it's cuz devs were lazy... they want to make 50bunks per player per year instead of 50bunks per player per 3 years like Ac2, then they must deserve our money.

Ps - I'm now replaying AcB, after 6 months without touching it, i'm having fun... is this due to the fact that i've not replayed Ac1 and 2 before replay AcB? Or is it that i miss playing Ac so bad? :P

Blind2Society
11-21-2011, 01:11 PM
I don't mean to come across as rude here but it's bucks not bunks. A bunk is something you sleep on. Someone you share a room with you may call a bunk mate. Also, where you come from it may be 50, but here (US) it's 60. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

LightRey
11-21-2011, 01:12 PM
People, the database is complete. You guys just didn't get everything.

Assassin_M
11-21-2011, 01:12 PM
I don't mean to come across as rude here but it's bucks not bunks. A bunk is something you sleep on. Someone you share a room with you may call a bunk mate. Also, where you come from it may be 50, but here (US) it's 60. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
from where I come from, Its 420 Pounds xD

Blind2Society
11-21-2011, 01:14 PM
Damn, seriously? That sounds like an awful lot.

Assassin_M
11-21-2011, 01:15 PM
Damn, seriously? That sounds like an awful lot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes If im,lucky I sometimes get to buy 2 games per year..

S-EVANS
11-21-2011, 01:24 PM
I dont even view the database sections myself, Generally speaking they do tend to populate themselves as you play through the levels.

i wouldnt even be able to compare whether this versions database is lacking data to previous editions either.

however i would agree that in places revelations does feel slighty rushed in areas, but if you commit to a deadline and fall short then things have to be left substandard.

also in programming world other factors take play such as budgets, competition, and many more...

At the moment i content with reading the forums whilst ezio stands in a corner letting his bank account full up every twenty minutes in the process.

Even more fun watching you lot shout at each, those were the days i remember washing my dirty laundy and hurling abuse on forums in my younger days.

iN3krO
11-21-2011, 01:48 PM
I don't mean to come across as rude here but it's bucks not bunks. A bunk is something you sleep on. Someone you share a room with you may call a bunk mate. Also, where you come from it may be 50, but here (US) it's 60. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it's also 60 for ps3 and xbox, but... PC win!
In Russia (and russian speaking countries) pc games cost 10 and ps3 60.
In other EUR countries ps3 games that cost 60 are most likely to cost 50, however, if the game supports dx10 (or 11) in the pc version then it will cost the same as in ps3.

This is, maybe, cuz ps3 and xbox has much more players meaning there are, usually, more ppl that will buy the games even if they cost 60buCks (won't enter in the kid - adult war, even thought it might be true that there are more kids then in pc - percentages - since parents prefer buying a ps3 for 300bucks instead of a pc for 600bucks).

Blind2Society
11-21-2011, 01:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
it's also 60 for ps3 and xbox, but... PC win! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ah, I didn't think about that. I haven't bought a PC game since Diablo way back when.

killzab
11-21-2011, 02:04 PM
Honestly the database could be fixed so easily with a patch ...

dewgel
11-21-2011, 02:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
People, the database is complete. You guys just didn't get everything. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It isn't. It's actually empty as opposed to previous games. I've tried and tested your theory of getting close to folks. There could be so much more.

For example, Brotherhood, right off the bat, you start the game and on the right hand side "Ezio Auditore - Press Select" and a nice portrait of Ezio in his casual clothing.

I would have liked to see an up to date one for Revelations, explaining what he done after Cesare was killed etc.

This is, of course, my personal opinion. Which seems to be shared by the topic starter and a couple of others.

Assassin_M
11-21-2011, 02:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dewgel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
People, the database is complete. You guys just didn't get everything. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It isn't. It's actually empty as opposed to previous games. I've tried and tested your theory of getting close to folks. There could be so much more.

For example, Brotherhood, right off the bat, you start the game and on the right hand side "Ezio Auditore - Press Select" and a nice portrait of Ezio in his casual clothing.

I would have liked to see an up to date one for Revelations, explaining what he done after Cesare was killed etc.

This is, of course, my personal opinion. Which seems to be shared by the topic starter and a couple of others. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
There is a database entry of Ezio http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

LightRey
11-21-2011, 02:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dewgel:

This is, of course, my personal opinion. Which seems to be shared by the topic starter and a couple of others. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
There is a database entry of Ezio http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Exactly. I'll say it again: You guys didn't get everything.

dewgel
11-21-2011, 02:28 PM

There is a database entry of Ezio http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So how do you get it?

Is the game not just glitched where you can't get certain ones?

I mean, Lightrey said I haven't gotten close enough to the people who I want in the database, yet I can't get much closer than I already have to Ezio!

Assassin_M
11-21-2011, 02:30 PM
In sequence 1 memory 2, when it starts, leave the controller for a moment and will pop up.

dewgel
11-21-2011, 02:35 PM
In sequence 1 memory 2, when it starts, leave the controller for a moment and will pop up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now see, why would anyone do that? How would anyone know to wait a few moments for it to pop up?

Pretty silly if you ask me! But I suppose I stand corrected.

To be fair though, their weren't that many contacts in ACR to be in the database.

Assassin_M
11-21-2011, 02:41 PM
In sequence 1 memory 2, when it starts, leave the controller for a moment and will pop up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now see, why would anyone do that? How would anyone know to wait a few moments for it to pop up?

To be fair though, their weren't that many contacts in ACR to be in the database. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sofia Sartor
Piri Reis
Ezio Auditore
Yusuf Tazim
Suleiman I
Ahmet
Darim Ibn La Ahad
Altair Ibn La ahad
Maria Thorpe
Selim I
Manuel Palagoili (cant spell his name http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif)
Tarik
Shahkulu
The Sentinel
to name a few.

dewgel
11-21-2011, 02:45 PM

To be fair though, their weren't that many contacts in ACR to be in the database. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sofia Sartor
Piri Reis
Ezio Auditore
Yusuf Tazim
Suleiman I
Ahmet
Darim Ibn La Ahad
Altair Ibn La ahad
Maria Thorpe
Selim I
Manuel Palagoili (cant spell his name http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif)
Tarik
Shahkulu
The Sentinel
to name a few. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's more or less what I've got. Bar Ezio

killzab
11-21-2011, 02:54 PM
And where are the templar agents in the database ? ...

LightRey
11-21-2011, 03:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by killzab:
And where are the templar agents in the database ? ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*Cough*

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Manuel Palagoili (cant spell his name Big Grin)
Tarik
Shahkulu
The Sentinel
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*cough*
They're all in there. I checked (not the quoted text of course, they're all in the actual database).

killzab
11-21-2011, 03:24 PM
Not THEM, the ones you kill during the master assassin mission, like the african guardian.

twenty_glyphs
11-21-2011, 03:45 PM
The Database entry for the multiplayer characters has only popped for me when I completed their second mission, the final Master Assassin one. I didn't get them when I saw them in the first mission.

I have one missing Location entry and all I know is it's not a church. Not all of them popped for me just by playing the story and doing viewpoints, treasures, etc. A few only showed up when I did some exploring on my own.

LightRey
11-21-2011, 03:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by killzab:
Not THEM, the ones you kill during the master assassin mission, like the african guardian. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Those are in there as well. As I said I checked.

twenty_glyphs
11-21-2011, 03:56 PM
A nice detail I've wanted since AC2 is the ability to mark a database entry on your map. Sometimes I see a cool entry later on and want to go back to look at the location, but don't know for sure where it is. It would be nice if there was a button on the entry that said "Mark Location on Map". I believe AC2 and/or Brotherhood had this feature when the database entry was for one of the locations with a glyph or rift on it, but not for any of the other entries.

ACSineQuaNon
11-21-2011, 04:57 PM
You have every right to criticize the database. As far as I can tell, the OP didn't phrase his complaint in any offensive manner. Also, a game needs to be a cohesive, uniformly sound product. Just because the database isn't one of the top 2-3 game-defining feature, it is central to franchise. It is essential.

That being said, I completely disagree with LightRey and Assassin_M.

LightRey
11-22-2011, 12:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACSineQuaNon:
You have every right to criticize the database. As far as I can tell, the OP didn't phrase his complaint in any offensive manner. Also, a game needs to be a cohesive, uniformly sound product. Just because the database isn't one of the top 2-3 game-defining feature, it is central to franchise. It is essential.

That being said, I completely disagree with LightRey and Assassin_M. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The complaint is invalid because it is based on an untrue statement. The database is far richer than they assume it to be due to the fact that they have gathered so few entries. Your point is moot and your attitude is arrogant.

ACSineQuaNon
11-22-2011, 12:47 AM
The complaint is invalid because it is based on an untrue statement. The database is far richer than they assume it to be due to the fact that they have gathered so few entries. Your point is moot and your attitude is arrogant. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm arrogant because I disagree with you? Okay. My point is not "moot," though, nor is my argument invalid. I don't even know if the database is lacking or not because I haven't played Revelations yet. However, I do know that if any feature has been rushed or appears to be incomplete, then we the purchasers of the product have the right to point out its flaws and the privilege to constructively criticize.

LightRey
11-22-2011, 01:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACSineQuaNon:
The complaint is invalid because it is based on an untrue statement. The database is far richer than they assume it to be due to the fact that they have gathered so few entries. Your point is moot and your attitude is arrogant. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm arrogant because I disagree with you? Okay. My point is not "moot," though, nor is my argument invalid. I don't even know if the database is lacking or not because I haven't played Revelations yet. However, I do know that if any feature has been rushed or appears to be incomplete, then we the purchasers of the product have the right to point out its flaws and the privilege to constructively criticize. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Your arrogant because you're randomly jumping into this conversation without yourself even having the proper information. You yourself say you don't even know if the database is lacking or not, so you can't even relate to our side of the discussion.

They jumped to conclusions and based their complaints on those conclusions. That's how they're wrong and basing criticism on false conclusions is both pointless and annoying.

Assassin_M
11-22-2011, 01:36 AM

I'm arrogant because I disagree with you? Okay. My point is not "moot," though, nor is my argument invalid. I don't even know if the database is lacking or not because I haven't played Revelations yet. However, I do know that if any feature has been rushed or appears to be incomplete, then we the purchasers of the product have the right to point out its flaws and the privilege to constructively criticize. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Is calling someone "Lazy" Constructive ?

ACSineQuaNon
11-22-2011, 01:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
Your arrogant because you're randomly jumping into this conversation without yourself even having the proper information. You yourself say you don't even know if the database is lacking or not, so you can't even relate to our side of the discussion.

They jumped to conclusions and based their complaints on those conclusions. That's how they're wrong and basing criticism on false conclusions is both pointless and annoying. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, someone's getting a bit worked up http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

As far as me "randomly jumping into this conversation," I have just as every right to take part. My intentions were not to attest to the OPs claims of an incomplete database. I did mean to, however, point your labeling of the original complaint as "just nagging." Nowhere in the OP did he/she assume an air of excessive belligerence. Furthermore, both Blind2Society and I agree on the necessity of constructive criticism. I am sure the developers would appreciate compliments, but the legitimacy of a complaint is in no way predicated upon their initial sugar-coating. You may have whatever reasons you find me arrogant for, but I do take exception to the way you, and particularly Assassin_M, responded to the OP. I suggest you re-read the first page.

Assassin_M
11-22-2011, 01:53 AM

They jumped to conclusions and based their complaints on those conclusions. That's how they're wrong and basing criticism on false conclusions is both pointless and annoying. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, someone's getting a bit worked up http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

As far as me "randomly jumping into this conversation," I have just as every right to take part. My intentions were not to attest to the OPs claims of an incomplete database. I did mean to, however, point your labeling of the original complaint as "just nagging." Nowhere in the OP did he/she assume an air of excessive belligerence. Furthermore, both Blind2Society and I agree on the necessity of constructive criticism. I am sure the developers would appreciate compliments, but the legitimacy of a complaint is in no way predicated upon their initial sugar-coating. You may have whatever reasons you find me arrogant for, but I do take exception to the way you, and particularly Assassin_M, responded to the OP. I suggest you re-read the first page. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Dude, just call me M.
and you did not answer my question , is calling someone "Lazy" constructive ?

ACSineQuaNon
11-22-2011, 02:04 AM
Dude, just call me M.
and you did not answer my question , is calling someone "Lazy" constructive ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, I missed it somehow. You're right about calling the developers "lazy." It isn't very nice or constructive. However, everything in that post but that one word did offer some useful and expressive feedback.

"I couldn't agree more, it seems rushed and lazy. In ACII, it was such a joy to read the in-depth articles, moreover, what ever happened to the Templar target videos? They added so much back story, helping to drive the main plot forward."

I don't think there's much to argue there.

LightRey
11-22-2011, 02:04 AM

As far as me "randomly jumping into this conversation," I have just as every right to take part. My intentions were not to attest to the OPs claims of an incomplete database. I did mean to, however, point your labeling of the original complaint as "just nagging." Nowhere in the OP did he/she assume an air of excessive belligerence. Furthermore, both Blind2Society and I agree on the necessity of constructive criticism. I am sure the developers would appreciate compliments, but the legitimacy of a complaint is in no way predicated upon their initial sugar-coating. You may have whatever reasons you find me arrogant for, but I do take exception to the way you, and particularly Assassin_M, responded to the OP. I suggest you re-read the first page. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You're obviously not even paying attention to what we're actually saying, as you're clearly arguing a point that's not even being discussed. We're not arguing the value of constructive criticism. We're arguing that this criticism isn't constructive.

I'm also not in any way trying to deprive you of your right to comment. I just take issue with the way you're using that right.

Assassin_M
11-22-2011, 02:10 AM
Dude, just call me M.
and you did not answer my question , is calling someone "Lazy" constructive ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, I missed it somehow. You're right about calling the developers "lazy." It isn't very nice or constructive. However, everything in that post but that one word did offer some useful and expressive feedback.

"I couldn't agree more, it seems rushed and lazy. In ACII, it was such a joy to read the in-depth articles, moreover, what ever happened to the Templar target videos? They added so much back story, helping to drive the main plot forward."

I don't think there's much to argue there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The presence of the word "Lazy" is exactly why I had to speak, believe me if it wasnt there, I would have never tried to correct the OP.
I too complained about things you know..

eagleforlife1
11-22-2011, 02:12 AM
I tried waiting in Sequence 1 Memory 2 and still I haven't got Ezio's database profile.

ACSineQuaNon
11-22-2011, 02:14 AM
You're obviously not even paying attention to what we're actually saying, as you're clearly arguing a point that's not even being discussed. We're not arguing the value of constructive criticism. We're arguing that this criticism isn't constructive.

I'm also not in any way trying to deprive you of your right to comment. I just take issue with the way you're using that right. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Again, I suggest you re-read the first page. You clearly characterize the OP as "nagging." Then, M advises to only "criticize something essential or game breaking." Obviously those things are relative.

LightRey
11-22-2011, 02:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eagleforlife1:
I tried waiting in Sequence 1 Memory 2 and still I haven't got Ezio's database profile. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
How strange. Mine popped up a few seconds in if I remember correctly.

Again, I suggest you re-read the first page. You clearly characterize the OP as "nagging." Then, M advises to only "criticize something essential or game breaking." Obviously those things are relative. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The opinion of regarding a post as being a form of "nagging" is relative, yes. However, the reasoning I gave for it (i.e. the fact that the database isn't actually as empty as they claim, and they're therefore jumping to conclusions) most certainly is not.

Whatever one may call it, such criticism is, as I said before, neither helpful nor appreciated.

Assassin_M
11-22-2011, 02:28 AM
Again, I suggest you re-read the first page. You clearly characterize the OP as "nagging." Then, M advises to only "criticize something essential or game breaking." Obviously those things are relative. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I dont remember using the word "Only" in my sentence.

S-EVANS
11-22-2011, 02:36 AM
WoW you guys are still at it...

Look all developers are lazy tbh, its become common pratice to release games which they know require patching before you even purchase it. However due to the large budgets and man hours that it requires to make computer games in this age things are going to get worse before changes happen in the system.

I think maybe since ive had 8hrs sleep and your still fighting your respective corners, spare a thought for the fact between you all youve wrecked a thread that talks about a valid subject related to the game, and that is what the forum is all about.

Maybe its time to let this one go and save those words for another day when the timing is more suited and the subject less milked.

ironduke6
11-22-2011, 02:38 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The opinion of regarding a post as being a form of "nagging" is relative, yes. However, the reasoning I gave for it (i.e. the fact that the database isn't actually as empty as they claim, and they're therefore jumping to conclusions) most certainly is not.

Whatever one may call it, such criticism is, as I said before, neither helpful nor appreciated. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was under the impression that the original disagreement over my inappropriate use of the word 'lazy' had be resolved? This apparently endless battle of the validity of opinions and what is and isn't a suitable criticism certainly doesn't build anything constructive. What is clear is the ambiguous natured of how the database is updated. Since, people who may have played the game and explored for similar amount of time are highlighting inconstancies. Going back to one of my original points, does anyone else miss the target videos as well?

LightRey
11-22-2011, 02:43 AM
I was under the impression that the original disagreement over my inappropriate use of the word 'lazy' had be resolved? This apparently endless battle of the validity of opinions and what is and isn't a suitable criticism certainly does build anything constructive. What is clear is the ambiguous natured of how the database is updated. Since, people who may have played the game and explored for similar amount of time are highlighting inconstancies. Going back to one of my original points, does anyone else miss the target videos as well? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I do. They were interesting and Shaun's always fun to listen to. However, it wouldn't have made sense to have them in there. They're already going quite far by even making a database.

eagleforlife1
11-22-2011, 04:33 AM
I also would like the target videos back.

However, back on topic. The only target database entries that I have are Shahkulu and Manuel Palaiologos.

Does Leandros have an entry?

LightRey
11-22-2011, 04:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eagleforlife1:
I also would like the target videos back.

However, back on topic. The only target database entries that I have are Shahkulu and Manuel Palaiologos.

Does Leandros have an entry? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think so, but I'm not sure and I can't check right now.

ProdiGurl
11-22-2011, 04:59 AM
Oh how about this "I hate the sound of Ezio`s boots, how lazy" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol. Speaking of boot sounds, I LOVE the sound when he's on those smooth black rooftops. Really kool.

But ya, . . to me that's nit-picky stuff at best.
In MOST games you get zero info about your targets/enemies backgrounds. & I have to admit that when I played ACB & ACII, I didn't bother reading 99% of that stuff.

The man hours it takes to put all that together to me isn't worth doing it at all imo, but that's just me.

I think people are getting spoiled or something w/ these games.
Go back to playing the early choppy 7 disk, cartoonish PC games we had back in the day & then compare ACR to those.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

killzab
11-22-2011, 06:49 AM
Wow, I didn't mean to start a war with this topic. But if Leandros isn't in the database, then my point is valid and the database really isn't complete. And the database is one of the added values of the game, it IS important

deadly_thought
11-22-2011, 06:53 AM
combined with all the other things theyve done wrong with this game youre right theyre lazy try not to listen to the fanboys they dont like anything that criticises ubi

you SHOULD make yourself heard or they wont listen and AC3 will be just as poorly and cheaply thrown together i see nothing wrong with your original post

S-EVANS
11-22-2011, 07:03 AM
I agree with deadly its not just this forum its all forums, people assume that praising a game and refusing to see any faults is a god given right and saying anything negative should be unforgiven...

If you find enjoyment in a more complex database and wish to discuss it then you have equally as much right to express it as those who want to refuse to accept theres any issues with your views...

Dont ever say sorry for causing a war that you did not create, i too see nothing wrong with your original post in any manner...

Assassin_M
11-22-2011, 07:23 AM
I can see that everyone here has become too "emotional" about their rights and fail to see the context by which I am trying to say that although YOU have your right to complain, I COMPLAINED BEFOOOOOREEEEEE !!!! hellooooooo any AC Fan does, you should`nt turn to crybabies.
complain all you want, but have some respect and some compliments..
Is that so hard to do ?
or is it easier to just complain..

iN3krO
11-22-2011, 07:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
Oh how about this "I hate the sound of Ezio`s boots, how lazy" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol. Speaking of boot sounds, I LOVE the sound when he's on those smooth black rooftops. Really kool.

In MOST games you get zero info about your targets/enemies backgrounds. & I have to admit that when I played ACB & ACII, I didn't bother reading 99% of that stuff.

The man hours it takes to put all that together to me isn't worth doing it at all imo, but that's just me.

Go back to playing the early choppy 7 disk, cartoonish PC games we had back in the day & then compare ACR to those.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Crash bandicoot 1, 2 and 3 were more fun then AcB for me! Problems?

ProdiGurl
11-22-2011, 09:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deadly_thought:
combined with all the other things theyve done wrong with this game youre right theyre lazy try not to listen to the fanboys they dont like anything that criticises ubi

you SHOULD make yourself heard or they wont listen and AC3 will be just as poorly and cheaply thrown together i see nothing wrong with your original post </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lazy? Maybe they were far too busy with the most important stuff - GAMEPLAY, etc. etc.

How they lazy at all with all they've added and changed to make a new experience? Lazy would be more like they didn't bother adding any information boxes on anything.

Maybe time ran out & they could only get to that many.
I think it's unfair & rude to say the AC crew got lazy becuz of some info boxes that you think need to be there. wow

ProdiGurl
11-22-2011, 10:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProdiGurl:

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Crash bandicoot 1, 2 and 3 were more fun then AcB for me! Problems? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't have any problems . . apparently others do tho.?

ProdiGurl
11-22-2011, 10:06 AM
I can see that everyone here has become too "emotional" about their rights and fail to see the context by which I am trying to say that although YOU have your right to complain, I COMPLAINED BEFOOOOOREEEEEE !!!! hellooooooo any AC Fan does, you should`nt turn to crybabies.
complain all you want, but have some respect and some compliments..
Is that so hard to do ?
or is it easier to just complain.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm good with complaints *when they're actually valid - and not attacking the AC crews who make these games happen.

This game is really amazing & awesome & I'm shocked to see some treat it like it should have a 4.0 rating or something. ?? I don't get it.
Maybe they should have stopped buying AC after ACII & waited for them to finish ACB & ACR & be rid of Ezio & the way the game was crafted.

I dunno, I think this one is alot more mature w/ good changes and better missions. One doesn't have to be a 'fanboy' to appreciate them either.

killzab
11-22-2011, 11:20 AM
My complaint is valid and I still like the game.

crash3
11-22-2011, 12:55 PM
I couldn't agree more, it seems rushed and lazy. In ACII, it was such a joy to read the in-depth articles, moreover, what ever happened to the Templar target videos? They added so much back story, helping to drive the main plot forward. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I totally agree with you, I really thought those videos, narrated by Shaun Hastings, were brilliant, they gave the back story of the target and how they were involved with the templars which gave depth to story and justification as to why they should die

without the videos, especially in ACB I noticed, it just felt like, theres a bad guy, kil him with no questions asked

It should be a big thing, taking the life of another, so their back story should be given in those videos-I honestly thought the videos would return in ACR but I was disappointed