PDA

View Full Version : Taken away?

stevenwhiting
03-24-2005, 02:54 PM
Did a patrol and met a convoy and destroyed most of the ships, 3 got away due to poor targeting and no torps or AA left. Left one C2 Cargo dead in the water, half sunk but not destroyed. So popped back to a friendly base to see if you could resupply. Worked, however when I came out, the map had been cleared of the wrecks so I wasn't to sure of the location, but roughly knew. Got to the area and after searching couldn't find the half sunk cargo ship.

So my question. After getting resupplied and coming out again. Does the game clear the map of all dead in the water ships? If so, is it me or is that not very dynamic. In reality wouldn't those ships be left there. The enemy wouldn't bother recovering it as its to badly sunk.

!Annoyed!

Red_Solo
03-24-2005, 03:10 PM
How can you be so sure that you really was in the same position, and how long did it take to resupply at a base? Couldnt it be possible that the carge sank during that time? Ive seen cargo that sinks after quite some while, since one of the torps probably just made a too small hole in the hull.

But then again, we are talking computers and memory constraints. If they were to keep all ships littered on the sea, it might not be possible due to memory constraints, so give the devs some slack; because is this really a big issue?

dagamecat
03-24-2005, 03:14 PM
I'm pretty sure that you can be credited with ship sinkings even when you didnt see it sink. So you might leave a ship dead in the water, not see it sink, but it actually did some time later. A while later we find out about the sinking and you are credited with it.

Also, it seems a bit strange how you say you popped back into a friendly port to resupply.

I don't get that. Resupply takes weeks, not to mention the time taken to get there and back.

Another thing, I do apologise if I am using bad English, but I've had a few beers to celebrate the end of the working week (hurray for good friday! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif), and I'm a little tipsy. ty.