PDA

View Full Version : Small observation from a joystick snob

JG52Uther
09-07-2006, 08:12 AM
My saitek X45 has been wearing out for a while now (it is nearly 3 years old) but I had not realised how bad it was.Last week I found that when I wanted to turn left,the stick spiked all over the place.Today I decided to get a cheap stick just so I could keep flying.(I have promised myself either an X52 or a CH Fighterstick for Christmas)sooo I went and bought a Logitech attack 3 stick for 20! This thing is fantastic after my worn out x45.I can actually fly in a straight line now,and turn left http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif .I know Logitechs have a bad reputation,but this thing has a 3 year warranty,and will make a great spare stick.Combined with my CH pedals,and x45 throttle I am very happy (its NOT a twist stick).Only thing is now I am stalling all over the place,as I was so used to the knackered saitek!

JG52Uther
09-07-2006, 08:12 AM
My saitek X45 has been wearing out for a while now (it is nearly 3 years old) but I had not realised how bad it was.Last week I found that when I wanted to turn left,the stick spiked all over the place.Today I decided to get a cheap stick just so I could keep flying.(I have promised myself either an X52 or a CH Fighterstick for Christmas)sooo I went and bought a Logitech attack 3 stick for 20! This thing is fantastic after my worn out x45.I can actually fly in a straight line now,and turn left http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif .I know Logitechs have a bad reputation,but this thing has a 3 year warranty,and will make a great spare stick.Combined with my CH pedals,and x45 throttle I am very happy (its NOT a twist stick).Only thing is now I am stalling all over the place,as I was so used to the knackered saitek!

TgD Thunderbolt56
09-07-2006, 08:41 AM
I'm not surprised. The durability of the Saiteks has always been suspect and any new stick should perform better than a sloppy, aged one (no offense to the Saitek advocates here). Their throttles are less subject to the wear issues and I have a number of fly-buddies that use the CH stick+pedals with a Saitek throttle.

TB

Divine-Wind
09-07-2006, 09:09 AM
I have to admit it, for all it's features, the X52's stick feels rather cheap. (But the metal trim feels rather cool) As far as I know, the FFB2 and X52 are made out of similiar plastics, but for some reason the FFB2 feels more durable. Me thinks I'm keeping my throttle for as long as it holds up.

Personally though, I think that if I ever get pedals, I'll be getting Saitek's.

leitmotiv
09-07-2006, 09:12 AM
Before I bought a new Microsoft Sidewinder force feedback stick on eBay I was a huge fan of Logitechs. Never forget the Logitech Clear Calibration Utility on the Logitech website. Someday your stick may seem completely ruined but it just needs this utility.