PDA

View Full Version : Little things that annoy me

Chewitt321
12-30-2010, 03:32 AM
I am not here to rave about how unrealistic or boring or whatever AC is. I just want to suggest little things that would make the experience deeper that the developers could add in AC3 or as an update for ACB. By all means reply with your own suggestions.

This is across all AC games:
When Altair or Ezio are sitting on a perch at the top of a viewpoint their robes fall through the wood.

Just in ACB:
When Desmond gets into the Animus he still has his backpack/ rucksack/ satchel on and it would probably be really uncomfortable.

Chewitt321
12-30-2010, 03:32 AM
I am not here to rave about how unrealistic or boring or whatever AC is. I just want to suggest little things that would make the experience deeper that the developers could add in AC3 or as an update for ACB. By all means reply with your own suggestions.

When Altair or Ezio are sitting on a perch at the top of a viewpoint their robes fall through the wood.

Just in ACB:
When Desmond gets into the Animus he still has his backpack/ rucksack/ satchel on and it would probably be really uncomfortable.

Smythy01
12-30-2010, 03:38 AM
His backpack is a pillow disguised as a backpack.

Ass4ssin8me
12-30-2010, 04:42 AM
The backpack never annoyed me. Surprisingly what did annoy me was him never taking his earpeice off after you obtain it.. and the fact the gang e-mailed eachother from across the room -_-

Inorganic9_2
12-30-2010, 06:08 AM
Haha yea the emailing across the room was weird, but I think they have separate sleeping quarters as Shaun said to Rebecca "want to come to my room and give it a listen?"

tyrce111
12-30-2010, 06:39 AM
Give what a listen? *mildly disturbed*

AMuppetMatt
12-30-2010, 06:44 AM
For the record, I think this is the best game ever... HOWEVER, somethings that annoyed me...

- After I did the Truth Thingy with 16 and was ejected from the animus, the game glitched so I couldn't talk to Rebecca, Shaun or Lucy about it. I was left standing in the animus chair and I could either stand there for all eternity or re-enter. I chose the latter strangely enough...

- When you're sitting on a bench your sword goes through the stone

- Is it only me that thought the mission success sound with your Assassins was excessively loud?

- When I've shot someone with a crossbow bolt and I loot their body, I expect to get the bolt back (seeing as it's implanted in their chest), NOT to get 3 from a Brute(Why would a Brute need one?!) that I kill with the hidden blade.

- The falling animation was wrecked? They fixed the rag doll effects so bodies didn't fly into the air after the death animation was completed and rag doll kicked in, but if you do a ledge assassination, the body falls normally then kinda jerks in the air and falls too slowly?

- Another problem with the ledge assassination: If it's a low ledge they scream long after they've hit the ground below... you're not falling any more guys...

- I don't know if this was me being a eejiot or what, but I wasn't able to do any shop quests as I never had enough of the items to do them. Is that me or was this a continuing trend?

Like I say, I love the game and think it's great (despite my lengthy list), but these things riled me a bit...

Neo_Age
12-30-2010, 09:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chewitt321:

Just in ACB:
When Desmond gets into the Animus he still has his backpack/ rucksack/ satchel on and it would probably be really uncomfortable. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Those are technical issues with how the NPC models interact with the game world. Every game has that issue if you look close enough. For an example if you play thgouh Halo 2 onwards and look at your feet while running, every now and then you will see the feet dissapear into the ground.

As for the ruck sack thing thats part of Desmonds NPC character design and to have a seperate model with him not wearing it for the time your not in the animus is a waste of space (when making a game for a console, you only have so much disk space you can work with).

Personally I found several pathing issues in the game that were more annoying. Imagine how frustrated I got while running from an army of guards with very little health left when out of no where Ezio acts like he just ran into a wall in the middle of the street.

magesupermaster
12-30-2010, 09:19 AM
Something that really annoys me is that one of the flaps stutters when you run.

Ru1986
12-30-2010, 09:47 AM
The only thing that annoys me is when i time a jump wrong and press B (grab ledge)button too late and end up dropping from the ledge rather than grabbing onto it but thats just cos i time the jumps wrong sometimes.

Inorganic9_2
12-30-2010, 09:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tyrce111:
Give what a listen? *mildly disturbed* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shaun's ****** .... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif nay sir, some CD or track that Shaun found that he thought Rebecca would like I think.

Some more minor things:
The hard fall animation...if you push forward and Ezio does a roll, why does he still go "URRRRGH!!!" and the controller shakes etc... the whole point of that roll is to soften the landing!

Enemies killed in a fight should not be immediately dead. I don't know if they are trying to "dehumanise" your enemies by making them die immediately, but I think enemies should stay rolling on the floor in pain or whatever like in AC. It adds to the realism I think.

Swords and clothes should be solid! How often does the sword go through a bench when you're sitting on it? (said above too) and how often do your robes fall through horses etc.

Ezio's cape shouldn't be frozen solid http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif when riding a horse, noticed how his cape behaves like the stationary cape, but just points backwards? Speaking of riding horses, I don't think your feet should go into the packs on the pack horses!

I'll let you know if I think of any more http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

magesupermaster
12-30-2010, 09:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tyrce111:
Give what a listen? *mildly disturbed* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shaun's ****** .... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif nay sir, some CD or track that Shaun found that he thought Rebecca would like I think.

Some more minor things:
The hard fall animation...if you push forward and Ezio does a roll, why does he still go "URRRRGH!!!" and the controller shakes etc... the whole point of that roll is to soften the landing!

Enemies killed in a fight should not be immediately dead. I don't know if they are trying to "dehumanise" your enemies by making them die immediately, but I think enemies should stay rolling on the floor in pain or whatever like in AC. It adds to the realism I think.

Swords and clothes should be solid! How often does the sword go through a bench when you're sitting on it? (said above too) and how often do your robes fall through horses etc.

Ezio's cape shouldn't be frozen solid http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif when riding a horse, noticed how his cape behaves like the stationary cape, but just points backwards? Speaking of riding horses, I don't think your feet should go into the packs on the pack horses!

I'll let you know if I think of any more http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haven't you noticed that when you come behind a guard, punch him in the back, twist his back(Probably causing severe damage to his spine and back) and then you introduce your foot to his face, the rude way. He doesn't die but instead rolls on the floor in agonising pain? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

AMuppetMatt
12-30-2010, 10:09 AM
I think he means with your sword and short sword. When you beat guards up with your fist they role around, any sort of weapon they do nothing but... well... die.

In AC1 guards would do a mixture of rolling around in pain practically dead and lying completely still. If you did a counter kill or the type where you click the weapon hand at the right hand to do one of those instant kill...things they would die, if it was just a standard sword slash and they dropped dead they would role around.

Would be an interesting addition into any future AC game, any guards left for dead but still hanging in there could tell guards who did it, raising notoriety.

I remember in AC1 I would then get the rolling guards with my hidden blade to ensure they're dead, maybe involve that with the notoriety system?

Inorganic9_2
12-30-2010, 10:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AMuppetMatt:
I think he means with your sword and short sword. When you beat guards up with your fist they role around, any sort of weapon they do nothing but... well... die.

In AC1 guards would do a mixture of rolling around in pain practically dead and lying completely still. If you did a counter kill or the type where you click the weapon hand at the right hand to do one of those instant kill...things they would die, if it was just a standard sword slash and they dropped dead they would role around.

Would be an interesting addition into any future AC game, any guards left for dead but still hanging in there could tell guards who did it, raising notoriety.

I remember in AC1 I would then get the rolling guards with my hidden blade to ensure they're dead, maybe involve that with the notoriety system? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's not an entirely bad idea actually http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I always liked the whole *guard rolling around on the ground* "arrgh...aaaaargh help...help me!" *hidden blade* and just thinking "rest in peace"

I've also noticed that when you break a guard's neck from behind...they roll around on the floor in pain http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

I had some other minor points to make (I often notice minor details haha), but I've forgotten them for now http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I've remember one! Whichever Assassin you playa s should be able to stand up quicker. If someone barges you in a fight, you lay sprawled on the floor for ages. GET UP. (especially annoying if it's one of my assassins that does it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif)

AMuppetMatt
12-30-2010, 10:31 AM
I've got another one! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif In the newly found "save citizen"esq Brotherhood recruitment mission thingys where you have to kill guards to recruit a new assassin I've made the mistake of using the Brotherhood to do the job. I say mistake because twice they've killed the guy they were supposed to be saving. The first time I think he was caught in some hidden gun crossfire, the second time one of my "Brothers" ran into him with a horse causing him to fall down one of those mini cliff faces. Be careful guys http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

- In the tunnel menu, you have a list. I don't like that, to me it feels like it's in a random order. I'm looking at the map to the right looking straight at the tunnel I want to go to, and the cursor goes to all these random places. It would have been better if we could have had a cursor to select the tunnel with and the name of the place we were coming out appeared at the top. Less lethargic that way

- Another tunnel annoyance, the only other thing on the map was the primary memory icon. It should have allowed us to set a custom marker on the map (e.g to a Romulus Lair thing) and then when we went onto the tunnel map have the custom marker remain on there.

TreFacTor
12-30-2010, 11:37 AM
Ac 1 and 2 get a pass on annoyances, but Brotherhood should have learned a lesson from them.

What annoys me about Brotherhood:

Horses only run fast in the chase underground while in the open world they merely trot (should be the opposite)

The streets of Rome are far to busy at all times... I know it was a party town, but people are more or less walking around like zombies until touched.

Still no replay plus feature.

The locked areas are a pain, why can't they open from the start, but doing missions requires a certain level of experience.

The old men who are world class sprinters. You can be right along side them, and can't touch them but they get a speed boost to get away.

Still far too easy.

No epic battles to fight along your assassin recruits.

Too many shops and banks to renovate. A tad unrealistic.

Getting stuck on the ground looking at my feet simply because the ground or step is uneven.

[SPOILER]
You can pick up every weapon in the game with the exception of the cross bow... you can even get Claudia's knife from thieves before completing the courtesan challenges.

[SPOILER]
If you don't do any of the guild challenges until after you've finished the story, the dialog doesn't match...the characters don't seem to know the occupation is over.

The timed Romulus liars.

Still can't remove the stupid cape.

There is a missing Leonardo machine from one of the trailers.

The Resident Evil loading while entering a building...no load screen but still the same.

Having tons of f without anything to spend it on.

Nothing to do once the story is completed 100% (all three games have this issue as with many other games, but many games allow you to replay the story from start to finish using the items you've unlocked or collected)... you have to make up your own games like tag the guard.

[SPOILER]
Fighting with the apple...your simply better off running {for such a mystical item, it really is quite useless in a battle}, and I'm no coward when it comes to AC...I walk the streets freely as an assassin!

If no one had been able to access the assassins lair at montegeroni...who cut the bars guarding Altiars armor?

Very little skill require in any of the fights.

Not being able to keep the disguises you use during the game.

Chewitt321
12-30-2010, 04:21 PM
I hope someone important in the AC developers room Is paying attention to this.

NYGiantsfan13
12-30-2010, 04:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NYGiantsfan13:
Horses are too slow

I don't know about any of you, but I can't get into 1 Shrine of Romulus after I have beaten
the game

Apple is a little useless/unrealistic

Where your assassins come from are a little unrealistic

Some enemy's only dodge(Slave Trade Mission) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

E-Zekiel
12-30-2010, 06:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">- When I've shot someone with a crossbow bolt and I loot their body, I expect to get the bolt back (seeing as it's implanted in their chest), NOT to get 3 from a Brute(Why would a Brute need one?!) that I kill with the hidden blade. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I always get my bolt back. Weird.

AMuppetMatt
12-31-2010, 07:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">- When I've shot someone with a crossbow bolt and I loot their body, I expect to get the bolt back (seeing as it's implanted in their chest), NOT to get 3 from a Brute(Why would a Brute need one?!) that I kill with the hidden blade. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I always get my bolt back. Weird. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really?
I only get mine back about 50% of the time... might be the game though?

LordWolv
12-31-2010, 07:44 AM
Looting guards is weird, yes. When you unlock smoke bombs, you start getting them from looting guards. If they had them, wouldn't it be sensible to use them?

Things like brutes having bullets or crossbow bolts, and normal guards being packed with poison. Realisticly they should only have medicine and things they NEED for the job. (Guards using smoke bombs would be an annoying feature if they added it, don't you think. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif)

You should be able to pick up crossbows, and the one you purchase is alot better. Also, you should be able to loot more than supplies. For instance, you need a heavy weapon sheath to carry one. Which means brutes have a heavy weapon sheath. Why can't Ezio nick the sheath and the weapon instead of buying it? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

AMuppetMatt
12-31-2010, 07:55 AM
So we're in agreement that one improvement for the next AC would be more realistic looting http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
That would at least make the game slightly more challenging and give you something to spend money on instead of you literally picking up smoke bombs and poison in the street. Crossbow bolts from crossbowmen and people you've hit with the things, bullets from gun men and medicine from guards... no smoke bombs from Brutes and no poison from Agiles http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

LordWolv
12-31-2010, 07:58 AM
In AC2 you rarely got anything apart from around 10 florins. Admittedly, I would rather kill 10 guards to get my supplies than walk off to a shop. But realisticly they need to change it.

Inorganic9_2
12-31-2010, 08:13 AM
The fact that guards blame you for anything that goes wrong, even if you had nothing to do with it. Someone bumps into a guy carrying a chest, he drops it and, suddenly, all the guards are rushing at me, calling me names and pushing me!

I also think that civillians need to actually do things. I hear Rome was full of Spanish adventurers and mercenaries during the early 1500s...so why is everyone Italian and the only apparently criminal in the city are a pickpocket now and again, thieves and Ezio?

AMuppetMatt
12-31-2010, 08:26 AM
My guess to that would be too much going on at once to keep track of?
I don't know, it would be nice to have the guards dish out the punishments fairly on what happens to NPCs on other nearby NPCs as well as having a few more people doing things. You never see anyone run apart from you, pickpockets and the Borgia Courier... I know people wouldn't really have to run around, but the occasional person would be good.
And I also get annoyed that crowds of people don't go anywhere... I know it must be difficult for programmers and stuff, but there were times when a person would walk to the gates at the edge of Rome, turn around and walk back the way they came... some sort of direction would be nice. Maybe the occasional person coming out of their house on to the street? Should be easy to program in, an NPC opening a door, closing it and walking towards a market or something?

DoctorEurope
12-31-2010, 01:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AMuppetMatt:
My guess to that would be too much going on at once to keep track of?
I don't know, it would be nice to have the guards dish out the punishments fairly on what happens to NPCs on other nearby NPCs as well as having a few more people doing things. You never see anyone run apart from you, pickpockets and the Borgia Courier... I know people wouldn't really have to run around, but the occasional person would be good.
And I also get annoyed that crowds of people don't go anywhere... I know it must be difficult for programmers and stuff, but there were times when a person would walk to the gates at the edge of Rome, turn around and walk back the way they came... some sort of direction would be nice. Maybe the occasional person coming out of their house on to the street? Should be easy to program in, an NPC opening a door, closing it and walking towards a market or something? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Completely agree. I also think it would give us something to do occasionally. Personally I would enjoy following random citizens around seeing where they go. xD

Randy 355
12-31-2010, 01:35 PM
Well, one thing that bothers me in particular in AC:B is that the high profile hidden blade assassination from the back is off sync. Now Ezio sort of soaks through the guard.

It was fine in the previous 2 games, why was it ever even messed with?

Ringo196
12-31-2010, 03:40 PM
Little things that annoy me are littles things that peeps point out that i didnt notice but i now do notice lol

Doh ! why did i read that !

DarthEzio55
12-31-2010, 03:43 PM
That no one in renaissance italy can swim, except Ezio