PDA

View Full Version : whats the best climber now?

raaaid
02-16-2006, 07:34 AM
i would bet for the spit mkix 25lbs

raaaid
02-16-2006, 07:34 AM
i would bet for the spit mkix 25lbs

Rebel_Yell_21
02-16-2006, 09:25 AM
Is, was, and always will be the Me-163.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

actionhank1786
02-16-2006, 09:27 AM
haha, like that's even a fair fight!

johann63
02-16-2006, 10:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rebel_Yell_21:
Is, was, and always will be the Me-163.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought it is the V2 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Not that there is a good cockpit with this puppy.

Doug_Thompson
02-16-2006, 03:35 PM
I don't know if it's the best climber for a non-jet/rocket/projectile/whatever, but the Dornier 335 outclimbs the new boosted Spit like the Spit was sitting still, panting for breath.

slo_one23
02-16-2006, 04:24 PM
ever tried the ki-43? its climbs realy good imo
with fflaps at takeoff you can get airborn at only 60mph and you can climb upward without stall at about 80mph go ahead give it a try i aint never seen it online besides myself and i dont thik people use it offline either but i do

Grey_Mouser67
02-16-2006, 07:44 PM
If you look at the fantasy planes...from Mig 3U, I-185, 109Z and now the Do-335 they all seem to ge super human/bionic/radioactive/uber/crazy/uncontrollably optimistic FM's...lets discount planes that did not contribute to the war effort...

I'd say the Spit is right up there....the K may be there too as I haven't seen new tests yet...not the 1.98 fantasy plane either....the real K. It is definitely worth the ride and is a great equalizer in many respects for later war scenarios...we're still going to need a higher boost Mosquito, Tempest and D Mustang to fully compete with Dora's, G-10's and K-4's, but the gap narrowed with this last patch....just got to find a good server that doesn't have the ghost planes flying everywhere.

Doug_Thompson
02-16-2006, 08:36 PM
Re: "super human/bionic/radioactive/uber/crazy/uncontrollably optimistic FM's..."

Even I said before the patch came out that if we could get the Spitfire XIV into the game by dropping the Do 335, I would be in favor of it. So if you want to argue that the Do 335 shouldn't be there, I will agree with you 100 percent.

However, the question asked was: What plane is the best climber now? The answer among propeller-driven craft appears to be the Do 335. I haven't tested them all, but anyone who tries can see that the "Do'h" leaves boosted Spitfires sitting still.

You say the Do 335 is overmoddeled. Fine. The climb rate of the Do 335 is known. The plane was tested, both in England and the U.S. If my memory serves, Oleg Maddox even mentioned the climb rate in one of the posts before the patch came out.

I think the people who designed the model in the game deserve either some proof that this plane is "radioactive," or an apology.

I'd also contend that the plane had a rear-engine overheating problem that doesn't appear in the game, just to be fair. If you're looking for a valid criticism, check that out.

TgD Thunderbolt56
02-17-2006, 06:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by slo_one23:
ever tried the ki-43?...i aint never seen it online besides myself and i dont thik people use it offline either but i do </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Warbirds-of-Prey server Zekes-vs-Wildcats features the Ki43 on a number of maps. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

lairdperkins
02-17-2006, 04:23 PM
I love the ki-43 both offline and on. The darn thing flies like an Extra-300.

The turn radius and roll rate make it really really hard to get hits on an Oscar if it's flown right.

Of course if you do get hits on it, it comes apart real easy... it's only got two 12.7mm MGs, and it's really kind of slow... but boy can it turn.

vocatx
02-17-2006, 07:20 PM
The Oscar is my absolute favorite ride. I love the "Death by a thousand bee stings" delivered with pinpoint accuracy. On Zekes the other night, I even managed to take down two Mosquitos with an Oscar.