PDA

View Full Version : static camera use & BF 109 k REVI use

fighter1976
03-04-2008, 06:04 AM
Hi guys!
1.I would like to know how can i use static camera for a record?example:to made a record of a battle or a dogfight from a certain point of view.Are any moving cameras that can be use in that kind of record?
2. The Revi auto gunsight in Bf 109 K dont't work...I press the auto mode key and nothing happen,not to mention adjusting the range, which is not adjusting anything...The odd thing is that in a Mustang with gyro sight everything is O.K.with the same keys

fighter1976
03-04-2008, 06:04 AM
Hi guys!
1.I would like to know how can i use static camera for a record?example:to made a record of a battle or a dogfight from a certain point of view.Are any moving cameras that can be use in that kind of record?
2. The Revi auto gunsight in Bf 109 K dont't work...I press the auto mode key and nothing happen,not to mention adjusting the range, which is not adjusting anything...The odd thing is that in a Mustang with gyro sight everything is O.K.with the same keys

Capt.LoneRanger
03-04-2008, 06:16 AM
1. I guess you mean fixed ingame camera positions? You can set them in the full mission builder. It's a pitty, but AFAIK there is no free camera in IL2.

2. I was not aware the 109K has and gunsight similar to the K-14 of the Mustang in IL2? I admit I don't fly the 109K very often, but are you sure you didn't just mix up the K-14 designation for the targeting system with the designation of the 109? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

fighter1976
03-04-2008, 11:51 PM
hi capt. Lone Ranger!
1.Yes, the fixed cameras in the FMB-but I dont't know if i can make a record from a certain position-example:to put a camera near a tank that is busted by a plane and record the attack from this angle...
2.I'm sure it's about the Revi gunsight of BF 109 K- I've taken this info from the "readme" doc. which is on the CD game of Complete Edition

Capt.LoneRanger
03-05-2008, 01:31 AM
1. Honestly I don't know. I have little experience in making movies with IL2. Best idea is to post this question in the "Movie Makers" forum. You can click the link above the main forum to get there.

2. I didn't find such an entry in my readme for 1946. The only entry that was about the 109K was this:
Bf-109G-6/AS, Bf-109G-10/G-14 and Bf-109K-4
These aircraft are equipped with MW50 injection system. The system operates automatically, giving the engine additional power as you move the throttle control beyond the 100% mark. The system can be switched on and off (using the WEP control key), however, it may only be done when the engine is idle or running on lower throttle to prevent damage. Also, it should be switched off when it runs out of water-methanol mix as it can't operate properly without external pressure and may lead to engine damage.

This is about Gyro-Gunsights on other planes:
Askania EZ42 gyroscopic gunsight

Ta-183, Ta-152C, and potentially some other Luft'46 planes modeled in our sim were projected to use the EZ42 gyro sight, similar to the K-14 "ace-maker" used in late-war American planes.
However no detailed information about the features of the EZ42 exist, and we were forced to "install" regular sights on these planes. Even in the cockpits with 3D models visually based on the EZ42 design, they function as simple reflector sights.

and this short instruction how to use the K-14 on the P51D20:
Using the K-14 gunsight

Use the ˜Toggle Sight Mode (Auto)' button to switch gunsight mode. Use the ˜Adjust Sight Control to Right' and ˜Adjust Sight Control to Left' buttons to select the target aircraft type. Use the ˜Increase Sight Distance' and ˜Decrease Sight Distance' buttons to adjust the sight circle for the target aircraft to fit in it. Track the target aircraft for at least 2 seconds to maintain correct lead.

So I doubt the Bf-109K-4 has anything similar to the K-14 Gyroscopic Gunsight in IL2-1946.

stathem
03-05-2008, 02:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fighter1976:
hi capt. Lone Ranger!
1.Yes, the fixed cameras in the FMB-but I dont't know if i can make a record from a certain position-example:to put a camera near a tank that is busted by a plane and record the attack from this angle... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes it's absolutely do-able. Do as you say, then record with Quick record. When you play the track back, cycle through the views with 'next enemy' (?) or possibily next friendly as you would if you were looking at the other aircraft in the mission. The static cameras will be one of the views. Find the one you want, et voila.

fighter1976
03-05-2008, 11:22 PM
thanks guys!