PDA

View Full Version : X-45 profiles reccomendation.

Atomic_Marten
02-10-2005, 05:02 PM
I have already downloaded tully__'s X-45 profiles, and I was looking for some more.(especially with the custom rudder mapping, other than default).

If anyone has some suggestions or links to profiles download, please post.

Atomic_Marten
02-10-2005, 05:02 PM
I have already downloaded tully__'s X-45 profiles, and I was looking for some more.(especially with the custom rudder mapping, other than default).

If anyone has some suggestions or links to profiles download, please post.

Atomic_Marten
02-10-2005, 05:17 PM
I have just downloaded adlabs profile. Any more of them outhere http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif?

jensenpark
02-10-2005, 05:28 PM
Give it about 3 more seconds...Tully will be here with recommendations...

Tully__
02-10-2005, 07:14 PM
What do you mean by custom rudder mappings? Altnerte axis on the X-45? Alternate controller (rudder pedals maybe)? Other?

Atomic_Marten
02-11-2005, 09:54 AM
No. With alternate rudder I did not mean rudder pedals, I just meant is it possible to map rudder on some other button/slider/other on X-45?

I find it somewhat hard to controll due to IMHO extreme sensitivness (I have used rudder all the time on my old stick, but I use it very rarely now on X-45).

BTW I find your X-45 settings to be the most effective ones, I have changed only Trigger to fire MG+Cannons, and POV Hat 1 sensitivity to less sensitive.

LordOliver
02-11-2005, 09:58 AM
The rudder switch works ok if you really tone down the yaw response curve in the hardware input settings of the sim.

chirpies
02-11-2005, 01:28 PM
Hi Tully, just bought the x-45 and dlded the profile in your sig. Personally I think the profile's great and fits me perfect, only problem is that whenever I hit the Pinkie-switch or change mode the game freezes for a short while... Not so good...

Any Ideas what might be causing these stutters? I know this is kinda low on info but if you or anyone else have any hints or tips please help a tech noob out...

cheers!

Tully__
02-11-2005, 09:46 PM
Chirpies, that's a new one on me... you might mention it at Saitek's forums and see if anyone there knows.

AtomicMarten, you can assign any axis you like to any control listed in the "HOTAS CONTROL" section of the controls screen, but first try LordOliver's suggestion and tone down the response curve some on the rocker. I felt the same as you initially but after some months thinking I wasn't using it much at all I took a few flights with a joystick that had NO rudder control. I was very surprised to find I missed the rocker rudder control very very much.

Atomic_Marten
02-12-2005, 11:27 AM
Guys thanks very much for your tips. I'm a newbie on that stick, and I found it to be very demanding, although I'm slowly begining to 'adjust' to X-45. But it will take some time I can tell http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.

I will lower sensitivity a bit and see what I'll gain, I hope for best. I believe that will do it.http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

The only weakness so far that I can tell on the joystick, is if I leave Cannons mapped at default (button A), sometimes when I press the button I accidentaly move POV hat, and I lost my sight on target at key moment. Happen to me few times so far, and that is the main reason why I use Trigger switch (deafault = fire MGs) to fire both, MGs and Cannons. I use to fly Bf109G a lot, so most of the times I use both weapons combined when aiming at target.