PDA

View Full Version : How to stun

Bl00dSaint
04-19-2011, 12:20 AM
Sorry for being a noob, but I still don't know how to stun someone... I'm level 7 and have unlocked the smoke bomb but I dnt get how you use it.
Wen another assassin is close to me I keep spamming the shift key but nothing happens and I get killed. This is espically frustruating in team mode as I have to escape other assassin.
Help would be appreciated http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Bl00dSaint
04-19-2011, 12:20 AM
Sorry for being a noob, but I still don't know how to stun someone... I'm level 7 and have unlocked the smoke bomb but I dnt get how you use it.
Wen another assassin is close to me I keep spamming the shift key but nothing happens and I get killed. This is espically frustruating in team mode as I have to escape other assassin.
Help would be appreciated http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

freeze131
04-19-2011, 12:43 AM
Stun isn't supposed to be a reliable defence tactic, so more often than not, if you charge into your enemy spamming the shift key the hunter will always cancel it out.
The best way to stun is to go behind the hunter AND THEN press shift. Same thing with a smoke bomb, its easier with a smoke bomb since they can't really move. Smoke them, walk around then press shift.
Stun is a means to halt an unaware opponent, it probably won't work if they know your location.

AntiChrist7
04-19-2011, 12:48 AM
If you use the smoke bomb, you don't even have to go around them. drop the smoke bomb when they are in range (sometimes you will be too late and you still get killed), and just go for your persuer and stun him (from the front).

A good tactic for when you are in a chase, drop the smoke bomb and they will walk right in the smoke. turn around nd stun.

Offcours, in team matches or alliance, don't hang around, cause he will still be your persuer :P

Bl00dSaint
04-19-2011, 01:26 AM
Wait so how do I drop the smoke bomb? There isnt any options to drop a smoke bomb o.o

Bl00dSaint
04-19-2011, 02:09 AM
O nvm I found out how to use a smoke bomb ... I had to customise my profile >.<

Saikotek
04-19-2011, 03:12 AM
Yesterday happened something a little strange with me. I had spotted my persuer and dropped the smoke bomb to stun him, as usually, but in the moment that I'm doing the stun, the game freezes and suddenly I'm dead. Is this some kind of cheats or it's just a game crash?

AntiChrist7
04-19-2011, 03:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saikotek:
Yesterday happened something a little strange with me. I had spotted my persuer and dropped the smoke bomb to stun him, as usually, but in the moment that I'm doing the stun, the game freezes and suddenly I'm dead. Is this some kind of cheats or it's just a game crash? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

glitch probably.

HEAT.GRLSOV
04-19-2011, 03:17 AM
Best times to stun are
1) When the enemy isn't suspecting you, like if you're disguised. Going from behind can work, but sometimes you can be seen from the enemy if he's looking around and if he's locked on you, he will throw you off his back when you go for the stun and kill you.

2) When the enemy has killed a civilian, he won't be able to attack for a few seconds.

3) When he's muted (although lag can mess that up and mute is very short anyways) or when he's smoked and coughing.

I might have forgotten something, but you'll see, the more you play. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

AntiChrist7
04-19-2011, 04:04 AM
In team games, when you see your partner getting killed, you can stun the killer, if you are fast enough

Saikotek
04-19-2011, 09:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AntiChrist7:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saikotek:
Yesterday happened something a little strange with me. I had spotted my persuer and dropped the smoke bomb to stun him, as usually, but in the moment that I'm doing the stun, the game freezes and suddenly I'm dead. Is this some kind of cheats or it's just a game crash? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

glitch probably. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, probably you're right and that was really just one of the glitches that occur sometimes on MP. Thanks for the answer. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

TheLeoCrow
04-19-2011, 11:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">[...]Offcours, in team matches or alliance, don't hang around, cause he will still be your persuer :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sometimes, i do stay because i often manage a second or even a third stun before getting killedhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

ritly113
04-22-2011, 04:32 PM
I'm not 100% sure, but the trick to stunning is pressing the stun key, when the hunter DOES NOT PRESS the kill key. That is why the hints says "surprise" the enemy, cause if he hits the kill key, your unavoidably dead. The order of operation is this: stun before kill=kill, kill before stun=kill, but stun before no kill= stun. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif It works for me because some poor sap was walking up to a group of likes (my back towards him), he threw fireworks and out of reaction I hit the stun key, and I punched him in the face. I bet he was ****ed.
People uses smoke bombs because it is the easiest to exploit.

Ignotus_81
04-24-2011, 05:45 PM
as previous people have mentioned.

1.drop a smoke bomb to stop the advance, then stun him/her

2. use Mute.

if none are available to you, I have found that running around a corner in a alley then quickly turning around and spam the stun button works 60-80% of the time.