PDA

View Full Version : About counting kills in PF.

Atomic_Marten
10-30-2004, 12:56 PM
Some time ago, I think that I actually saw some threads that were discussing something like "that the main issue with online system of kill counting should be degree of damage" - another words player who deals the most damage to the crashed enemy a/c should be attributed with a kill. That system would be *perfect*, but I do not know if that is possible to implement in-game.

Maybe this was the issue some of the previous threads, I don't know, but since there is much arguing in a manner "you stole my kill and stuff" it would be nice if we have a system of counting kills that would actually attribute kill to the player who *actually* render enemy plane unflyable (this includes: engine busting, pilot kills, sawing wing off..).

I've came up with this idea after spending a while in the "Arcade" mode of playing (arrows and stuff), and when I see that enemy a/c have a little baloon over it that says "I'm on fire/Bailin' out", and similar 'neat' messages.

The main difference between 'old and 'new system is that the player that "renders" enemy a/c unflyable would be *instantly* attributed with a kill, without need for waiting 'till the enemy plane disintegrates/crashes/RTB (of course, player would still need to RTB to gain his/her 100 points). That way we can at least avoid 'obvious' kill steals. Also, if a player disable friendly plane, he/she would be attributed with -400 points instantly, in this case *without need to RTB* (I don't know why this feature isn't in the game already).

What do you guys think?

Atomic_Marten
10-30-2004, 12:56 PM
Some time ago, I think that I actually saw some threads that were discussing something like "that the main issue with online system of kill counting should be degree of damage" - another words player who deals the most damage to the crashed enemy a/c should be attributed with a kill. That system would be *perfect*, but I do not know if that is possible to implement in-game.

Maybe this was the issue some of the previous threads, I don't know, but since there is much arguing in a manner "you stole my kill and stuff" it would be nice if we have a system of counting kills that would actually attribute kill to the player who *actually* render enemy plane unflyable (this includes: engine busting, pilot kills, sawing wing off..).

I've came up with this idea after spending a while in the "Arcade" mode of playing (arrows and stuff), and when I see that enemy a/c have a little baloon over it that says "I'm on fire/Bailin' out", and similar 'neat' messages.

The main difference between 'old and 'new system is that the player that "renders" enemy a/c unflyable would be *instantly* attributed with a kill, without need for waiting 'till the enemy plane disintegrates/crashes/RTB (of course, player would still need to RTB to gain his/her 100 points). That way we can at least avoid 'obvious' kill steals. Also, if a player disable friendly plane, he/she would be attributed with -400 points instantly, in this case *without need to RTB* (I don't know why this feature isn't in the game already).

What do you guys think?