PDA

View Full Version : Found another interesting thing....

Poodle_of_Doom
07-21-2011, 12:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnBE29g4qss

Another Ancient Aliens episode. This time, the thing I'm referencing starts at 35 minutes in,... with two people holding a disc or orb of some sort. Kind of neat really. Thoughts?

Poodle_of_Doom
07-21-2011, 12:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnBE29g4qss

Another Ancient Aliens episode. This time, the thing I'm referencing starts at 35 minutes in,... with two people holding a disc or orb of some sort. Kind of neat really. Thoughts?

Azula2005
07-21-2011, 01:42 PM
They said it could be a space ship, you say it could be the apple of eden....
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

you know that is interesting

if i stumble on something like that i'll post it here..

blazefp
07-21-2011, 01:53 PM
I'm more inclined to agree that that's the apple of eden and not an alien flying disc. I've no time to see it right now but when I do I'll try to say something intelligent xD

Poodle_of_Doom
07-21-2011, 01:54 PM
Well, it's kind of interesting,... The whole revalation of Adam and Eve, taking an apple. There are two people holding a circle in this picture... I just thought it was an interesting similarity.

LightRey
07-21-2011, 02:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">and who could've been flying at that time other than ...extraterrestrials </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
birds.

Poodle_of_Doom
07-21-2011, 04:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">and who could've been flying at that time other than ...extraterrestrials </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
birds. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, the show is such utter crap... but I still watch it. A guilty pleasure perhaps. Still... I find interesting things every once in a while to make conversation with....

blazefp
07-21-2011, 05:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

LightRey
07-21-2011, 05:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blazefp:

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
thank you thank you. I also do birthdays, graduation parties and assassin initiations.

CRUDFACE
07-22-2011, 08:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blazefp:

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
thank you thank you. I also do birthdays, graduation parties and assassin initiations. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know they meant mechanical flying ans stuff, but that was priceless http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

godsmack_darius
07-24-2011, 02:01 AM
But of the show was supporting creationism or darwinism and/or mainstream science we would all accept it. I happen to support the ancient Alien theories, maybe not all the things it says on that show but its nice to finally have a good show representing it. which it does really well, they seperate speculation from fact really well.

Poodle_of_Doom
07-24-2011, 10:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by godsmack_darius:
But of the show was supporting creationism or darwinism and/or mainstream science we would all accept it. I happen to support the ancient Alien theories, maybe not all the things it says on that show but its nice to finally have a good show representing it. which it does really well, they seperate speculation from fact really well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unfortunately, it's their interpretation of fact that makes it seem so far off base. I like the general premise of Ancient Alien Theory,... however disagree with most of what the show has said.

In fact, the way I've always viewed it was similar to how the game has. Maybe they didn't create us, but sped up our evolution from previously existing species. This is where I deviate a little. I believe that if they were here, and guiding the process, that they would of been here as equals to us,... not necessarily as Gods to us. Though some may have attempted to be, I maintain that all forms of life have good and bad individuals....

CRUDFACE
07-24-2011, 10:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by godsmack_darius:
But of the show was supporting creationism or darwinism and/or mainstream science we would all accept it. I happen to support the ancient Alien theories, maybe not all the things it says on that show but its nice to finally have a good show representing it. which it does really well, they seperate speculation from fact really well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unfortunately, it's their interpretation of fact that makes it seem so far off base. I like the general premise of Ancient Alien Theory,... however disagree with most of what the show has said.

In fact, the way I've always viewed it was similar to how the game has. Maybe they didn't create us, but sped up our evolution from previously existing species. This is where I deviate a little. I believe that if they were here, and guiding the process, that they would of been here as equals to us,... not necessarily as Gods to us. Though some may have attempted to be, I maintain that all forms of life have good and bad individuals.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that if they had the technology to speed up our evolution or rather introduce a new gene into our bodies that they were already well above us. thinking of them as gods to me means that they could be good and bad. All Gods are in a way. Especially the gods of the old days like the Olympians.

Assassin_M
07-24-2011, 11:21 AM
Oh so now anyone holding a Spherical Object, drawing a spherical object, or just having anything to do with a spherical object is an APPLE OF EDEN ?? Thnk you Ubisoft

Poodle_of_Doom
07-24-2011, 11:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:

In fact, the way I've always viewed it was similar to how the game has. Maybe they didn't create us, but sped up our evolution from previously existing species. This is where I deviate a little. I believe that if they were here, and guiding the process, that they would of been here as equals to us,... not necessarily as Gods to us. Though some may have attempted to be, I maintain that all forms of life have good and bad individuals.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that if they had the technology to speed up our evolution or rather introduce a new gene into our bodies that they were already well above us. thinking of them as gods to me means that they could be good and bad. All Gods are in a way. Especially the gods of the old days like the Olympians. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah. I concur. However, as I've said before, aside from individuals of their race seeking power, I don't suspect that they'd introduce themselves as Gods. I imagine that would be our perspective of them, especially if a few were seeking to present themselves that way.

It would be like us going to other planets. I suspect we'd work with other races too. I don't believe that we'd tell them "We're Gods, your Lords and Masters, bow to us, and commit yourselves to our will." Which is basically what's happened relative to the era, and Gods in reference. I don't know that any truly benevolent race, aside from a few bad ones, would wish to attempt such an endeavor.

That said, when I reference the speeding up of our evolution, I imagine selective breeding, and possible introduction to new genes (either theirs, or ones manufactured for us). This process being implemented in a more primitive society could speed up the process of evolution tremendously.

For clarification on the topic, I did a report in school on dogs, and their development through selective breeding. I can't seem to find the report off hand, and cannot tell you a specific name off the top of my head. I can tell you that a monk partook in some selective breeding of the dogs, and was able to develop a specific species within 20 or so years. Normally a process of this nature would take hundreds, if not, thousands of years to occur.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:
Oh so now anyone holding a Spherical Object, drawing a spherical object, or just having anything to do with a spherical object is an APPLE OF EDEN ?? Thnk you Ubisoft </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, I drew a specific parallel. Two individuals, one taller and broader than the other, holding an orb or suspected technological origin. If that was my sole description, and I asked you to identify who I was speaking about,... You'd suggest Adam and Eve from The Truth video. Then if I said no, and showed you the picture, would it be different?

Assassin_M
07-24-2011, 11:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:

I think that if they had the technology to speed up our evolution or rather introduce a new gene into our bodies that they were already well above us. thinking of them as gods to me means that they could be good and bad. All Gods are in a way. Especially the gods of the old days like the Olympians. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah. I concur. However, as I've said before, aside from individuals of their race seeking power, I don't suspect that they'd introduce themselves as Gods. I imagine that would be our perspective of them, especially if a few were seeking to present themselves that way.

It would be like us going to other planets. I suspect we'd work with other races too. I don't believe that we'd tell them "We're Gods, your Lords and Masters, bow to us, and commit yourselves to our will." Which is basically what's happened relative to the era, and Gods in reference. I don't know that any truly benevolent race, aside from a few bad ones, would wish to attempt such an endeavor.

That said, when I reference the speeding up of our evolution, I imagine selective breeding, and possible introduction to new genes (either theirs, or ones manufactured for us). This process being implemented in a more primitive society could speed up the process of evolution tremendously.

For clarification on the topic, I did a report in school on dogs, and their development through selective breeding. I can't seem to find the report off hand, and cannot tell you a specific name off the top of my head. I can tell you that a monk partook in some selective breeding of the dogs, and was able to develop a specific species within 20 or so years. Normally a process of this nature would take hundreds, if not, thousands of years to occur.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:
Oh so now anyone holding a Spherical Object, drawing a spherical object, or just having anything to do with a spherical object is an APPLE OF EDEN ?? Thnk you Ubisoft </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, I drew a specific parallel. Two individuals, one taller and broader than the other, holding an orb or suspected technological origin. If that was my sole description, and I asked you to identify who I was speaking about,... You'd suggest Adam and Eve from The Truth video. Then if I said no, and showed you the picture, would it be different? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Pardon My Inferior Intellect, but....... What ?

CRUDFACE
07-24-2011, 12:00 PM

No, I drew a specific parallel. Two individuals, one taller and broader than the other, holding an orb or suspected technological origin. If that was my sole description, and I asked you to identify who I was speaking about,... You'd suggest Adam and Eve from The Truth video. Then if I said no, and showed you the picture, would it be different? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In my post I wasn't saying that they were. I meant that we saw them as such and because they were so well above us would mean that they were only comparable to gods at the time. The thought of them working with us to improve us wouldn't make much sense.

i mean, the most common theory is that these ancient aliens moved on. If we were on the same level as them, working besides them, why leave us on earth when they left. If we did work with them why did it take so long for us to reach this technological point in time? If we ourselves did that, then that would mean we would be well above what we are now.

But the thing on Ubisoft, lol, yeah I thought that's what they were going for in the whole apple being a recurring piece of history.

Poodle_of_Doom
07-24-2011, 12:12 PM

In my post I wasn't saying that they were. I meant that we saw them as such and because they were so well above us would mean that they were only comparable to gods at the time. The thought of them working with us to improve us wouldn't make much sense.

i mean, the most common theory is that these ancient aliens moved on. If we were on the same level as them, working besides them, why leave us on earth when they left. If we did work with them why did it take so long for us to reach this technological point in time? If we ourselves did that, then that would mean we would be well above what we are now.

But the thing on Ubisoft, lol, yeah I thought that's what they were going for in the whole apple being a recurring piece of history. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I get your point. All I was saying is that they'd work with us while they were here. And it wouldn't be a presentation of technology by any means, but an introduction to an idea. Where we go, and what we do with the ideas, and concepts they give us is completely up to us. They just kicked us off so to speak....

Pardon My Inferior Intellect, but....... What ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think that was a terribly difficult example to get... alas, I'll try again.

All I said is that the generic description of the portion of the video I referenced would be similar to a generic description of Adam and Eve. If I presented that generic description here on these forums, you'd suspect me of describing Adam and Eve. I wasn't. Thus, parallel drawn.

CRUDFACE
07-24-2011, 01:14 PM
No, you don't get it, not yet anyways. I'm saying that they couldn't have worked with us because they had to have first evolved us up to or near their level to come close to their thinking capabilities. We took a massive step in evolution.

Poodle_of_Doom
07-24-2011, 01:34 PM
No, you don't get it, not yet anyways. I'm saying that they couldn't have worked with us because they had to have first evolved us up to or near their level to come close to their thinking capabilities. We took a massive step in evolution. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I do get your point, which is fundamentally flawed. By your logic, you wouldn't be able to teach the alphabet to school children, because they're practically ******ed by comparison. Fresh from the primordial ooze, we still could have been taught fire. Lets face it, flint and steel isn't that hard of a concept. Man could have been taught how to invent arrows and sharpen sticks against rocks, because he knows that sharp objects poke and hurt. From these basic concepts, you've established a premise for cooking, and hunting.... I never said they worked with us technologically. I said they taught us basics. I've agreed with you, and you argue the point further.

BK-110
07-24-2011, 03:17 PM
See the structure at 3:00? Doesn't it remind you of something?

(<span class="ev_code_WHITE">The Vault beneath Santa Maria in Aracoeli (The Vault in Brotherhood)</span>)

CRUDFACE
07-24-2011, 03:21 PM
No, you don't get it, not yet anyways. I'm saying that they couldn't have worked with us because they had to have first evolved us up to or near their level to come close to their thinking capabilities. We took a massive step in evolution. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I do get your point, which is fundamentally flawed. By your logic, you wouldn't be able to teach the alphabet to school children, because they're practically ******ed by comparison. Fresh from the primordial ooze, we still could have been taught fire. Lets face it, flint and steel isn't that hard of a concept. Man could have been taught how to invent arrows and sharpen sticks against rocks, because he knows that sharp objects poke and hurt. From these basic concepts, you've established a premise for cooking, and hunting.... I never said they worked with us technologically. I said they taught us basics. I've agreed with you, and you argue the point further. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You gotta like it when someone says a discussion is an argument, it casts this real ****ty light on the subject at hand. I meant us working with them, aliens/other beings as equals, not them teaching us anything at all. Yeah, they taught us stuff, but we weren't on the same level as them.

That's what I've been saying...

Edit: and on the school children's thing, those kid's grow up and eventually, with time and study can understand more advanced concepts. Before the aliens changed us, I doubt we could think on higher levels.

Turkiye96
07-24-2011, 03:47 PM
haha :P its funny that they cant get anyone to talk about it so they get a ''author/ film maker'' to give their ''expert'' opinion http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Poodle_of_Doom
07-24-2011, 04:58 PM

Yes, I do get your point, which is fundamentally flawed. By your logic, you wouldn't be able to teach the alphabet to school children, because they're practically ******ed by comparison. Fresh from the primordial ooze, we still could have been taught fire. Lets face it, flint and steel isn't that hard of a concept. Man could have been taught how to invent arrows and sharpen sticks against rocks, because he knows that sharp objects poke and hurt. From these basic concepts, you've established a premise for cooking, and hunting.... I never said they worked with us technologically. I said they taught us basics. I've agreed with you, and you argue the point further. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You gotta like it when someone says a discussion is an argument, it casts this real ****ty light on the subject at hand. I meant us working with them, aliens/other beings as equals, not them teaching us anything at all. Yeah, they taught us stuff, but we weren't on the same level as them.

That's what I've been saying...

Edit: and on the school children's thing, those kid's grow up and eventually, with time and study can understand more advanced concepts. Before the aliens changed us, I doubt we could think on higher levels. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, the only one getting their drawers in a bunch about something here is you. Arguments can be civil as well, and are not necessarily agressive by default,... Until someone changes the meaning of the word. On that note, grow up.

And frankly, I'd see no reason for them not to treat us as such. Again, I reaffirm the fact that any Bennevolent race would treat others with repsect, and would not seek the authority to rule over the other.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Turkiye96:
haha :P its funny that they cant get anyone to talk about it so they get a ''author/ film maker'' to give their ''expert'' opinion http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I noticed that as well. The only thing I could think of was that he was relevant to the subject by choice of literature, and choice of film.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BK-110:

(<span class="ev_code_WHITE">The Vault beneath Santa Maria in Aracoeli (The Vault in Brotherhood)</span>) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good eye. I hadn't caught this one before, but now that you've pointed it out, I can see it. What else have you noticed?

CRUDFACE
07-24-2011, 05:30 PM
@Poodle of Doom: all you do is keep reaffirm the same fact. that stuff you can learn on your own, it's what we did before the aliens may have visited then changed on a genetic level. And how can I when you speak as if you're automatically right by saying I chose to argue the point forward? God, anyways the aliens would have had to experiment on us in the first place correct? Because genetically we weren't on the same level, right? Then they taught us then left us on our own. We couldn't be on the same level as them from the beginning because at first we were an experiment, but we have nothing to show for being on the same level, as sophisticated in any way as they were.

...oh, right, what do you count as a benevolent race?

LightRey
07-24-2011, 05:47 PM
Are we seriously discussing the possibility of aliens having visited our planet here? -___-

CRUDFACE
07-24-2011, 06:08 PM
Are we seriously discussing the possibility of aliens having visited our planet here? -___- </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm bored. And hey, it could've happened. It's something to talk about with Poodle...nvm, he left, lol.

Poodle_of_Doom
07-24-2011, 09:34 PM
Yes we are, and it started with the general premise of the game.

That said... I reaffirm the same fact because I'm agreeing with you, and trying to clarify that. And I doubt they needed to experiment. If they could travel light-years to get here, I doubt experimentation is necessary. I would suspect that genetics is common knowledge, and simply identifying current structures would be the only hindrance, which isn't really hindrance at all. That's actually,... let me see.. One of the first steps in genetics and genealogy. And we don't need to be on the same genetic level. Maybe all they did was upgrade our bodies for us, and only in a way natural selection would have. Honestly, genetics has little to do with it anymore anyway, since I've gotten you to confess to the fact that we were predisposed to obtaining certain facts similarly to how a small child would have, and therefore capable of learning, and being taught. I truly believe they were here to help....

Apparently benevolent doesn't quite clarify my opinion enough. Lets see, what other terms could I of used? Munificent? Magnanimous? Compassionate? Concerned? So many choices... I feel like a small child in a five-cent candy store and ten dollars to spend.

CRUDFACE
07-24-2011, 10:05 PM

That said... I reaffirm the same fact because I'm agreeing with you, and trying to clarify that. And I doubt they needed to experiment. If they could travel light-years to get here, I doubt experimentation is necessary. I would suspect that genetics is common knowledge, and simply identifying current structures would be the only hindrance, which isn't really hindrance at all. That's actually,... let me see.. One of the first steps in genetics and genealogy. And we don't need to be on the same genetic level. Maybe all they did was upgrade our bodies for us, and only in a way natural selection would have. Honestly, genetics has little to do with it anymore anyway, since I've gotten you to confess to the fact that we were predisposed to obtaining certain facts similarly to how a small child would have, and therefore capable of learning, and being taught. I truly believe they were here to help....

Apparently benevolent doesn't quite clarify my opinion enough. Lets see, what other terms could I of used? Munificent? Magnanimous? Compassionate? Concerned? So many choices... I feel like a small child in a five-cent candy store and ten dollars to spend. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup, sure did. Then it splintered and branched off.Oh! Our conversation is like Desmond and me and you are Altair and Ezi and we kind of went backwards into this. I get to be Ezio though, long live the Eagle of Florence.

If they really did get this far and such, then that means they must've curious. It a new species, wouldn't they want to see how far they could push our boundaries? That's why deformed skulls and such have been foud if we're going out on this ancient astronaut theory. Honestly, confess? I never said they didn't teach us stuff. Just saying that a person who can use FTL travel is not on the same level as a person just figuring out that fire burns. That's what you mentioned, things that the aliens wouldn't need to teach us.

I Truly believe they were here, messed with us, decided we were cool when they got done experimenting with us, then left us.

Apparently, you can't understand the root of my question. By BENEVOLENT, I mean, what is an example of a benevolent
race? Because the only one I know of is the human race, and we're more of a 60% to 40% on the whole as a good race. And that's on our good years. Not like you can call the whole of another race Benevolent

O6EvolutionIXMR
07-24-2011, 10:11 PM
Are we seriously discussing the possibility of aliens having visited our planet here? -___- </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why not?
Often referred to by mainstream historians as Pseudoarchaeology since it doesn't fit in with what your textbooks(which were written decades ago most likely) in school taught you.
I would highly recommend you looking into the works of Graham Hancock & Robert Bauval which are also both featured in many Ancient Aliens episodes/seasons.
There are way too many unanswered questions & mysteries in our human history to just be passed up with such simple explanations that mainstream historians want us to believe.

Here you go...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvNEVvHgOOY

http://ecimages.kobobooks.com/Image.ashx?imageID=f804tgVwfU-G1kv_9bEL7w&Type=Full

http://covers.openlibrary.org/w/id/322542-L.jpg

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/195807_191143567588216_707444_n.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_2SiHwi7yXvA/TFrSqXYsvKI/AAAAAAAAAhs/KD42JwwOTVo/s1600/The+Egypt+Code+by+Robert+Bauval.JPG

BTW, alot of the ideas in the story of AC are based on these idioligies. If you've ever seen the complete series of Ancient Aliens or read any of the books of the gentlemen mentioned above, you'd know what I am talking about.

Trust me. Pick up any of those books and you'll start looking at life a bit differently.

CRUDFACE
07-24-2011, 10:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by O6EvolutionIXMR:

BTW, alot of the ideas in the story of AC are based on these idioligies. If you've ever seen the complete series of Ancient Aliens or read any of the books of the gentlemen mentioned above, you'd know what I am talking about.

Trust me. Pick up any of those books and you'll start looking at life a bit differently. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That right there is why the developers in one interview said that they weren't ancient aliens at all because he was hearing us say it so much. Not our fault if they take most of the things we say aliens did and mix in the TWCB mythos with it, lol

Poodle_of_Doom
07-24-2011, 10:31 PM

Apparently benevolent doesn't quite clarify my opinion enough. Lets see, what other terms could I of used? Munificent? Magnanimous? Compassionate? Concerned? So many choices... I feel like a small child in a five-cent candy store and ten dollars to spend. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup, sure did. Then it splintered and branched off.Oh! Our conversation is like Desmond and me and you are Altair and Ezi and we kind of went backwards into this. I get to be Ezio though, long live the Eagle of Florence.

If they really did get this far and such, then that means they must've curious. It a new species, wouldn't they want to see how far they could push our boundaries? That's why deformed skulls and such have been foud if we're going out on this ancient astronaut theory. Honestly, confess? I never said they didn't teach us stuff. Just saying that a person who can use FTL travel is not on the same level as a person just figuring out that fire burns. That's what you mentioned, things that the aliens wouldn't need to teach us.

I Truly believe they were here, messed with us, decided we were cool when they got done experimenting with us, then left us.

Apparently, you can't understand the root of my question. By BENEVOLENT, I mean, what is an example of a benevolent
race? Because the only one I know of is the human race, and we're more of a 60% to 40% on the whole as a good race. And that's on our good years. Not like you can call the whole of another race Benevolent </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like I said, I'm keen on parts of Ancient Alien Theory, but not all of it. Some of it does seem a little far-fetched. And I never said they wouldn't teach us fire, you implied it. That said, I believe that they would sit down, and mentor us a bit. Show us that fire is good. That it warms, that it cooks. That we can use it as a light source. Maybe from there, we make torches, but because they showed us that there are multiple uses for a single item. That everything can be looked at as a tool, and be used as such.

And I wouldn't describe us and being Benevolent, as of yet. However, I digress to my former statement. They would be compassionate, understanding, slow to dismiss irrational behavior, understanding of culture, and possibly seeking minor involvement. Nothing direct, but enough to point us in the right direction.....

LightRey
07-25-2011, 06:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by O6EvolutionIXMR:

Why not?
Often referred to by mainstream historians as Pseudoarchaeology since it doesn't fit in with what your textbooks(which were written decades ago most likely) in school taught you.
I would highly recommend you looking into the works of Graham Hancock & Robert Bauval which are also both featured in many Ancient Aliens episodes/seasons.
There are way too many unanswered questions & mysteries in our human history to just be passed up with such simple explanations that mainstream historians want us to believe.

Here you go...

[LightRey EDIT: I removed the images]

Trust me. Pick up any of those books and you'll start looking at life a bit differently. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
As an astronomy student, who has basically spent his life learning about astronomy even before he became one, I can honestly tell you that that is utter nonsense.
All those "mysteries" that those books (and basically anyone who even slightly agrees with them) claim there to be are either perfectly well explained or just caused by the obvious effects of the extinction, migration or even mass cultural conversion of peoples. Not to mention the eroding effects of time.
From a more astronomical point of view; if aliens would have visited our planet and actually acted as the figures we have referred to as gods, there should've been more traces of them, or absolutely none at all.
if they truly genetically manipulated us and/or ruled over us and/or had us worship them then why are the only supposed traces of them things like the pyramids and our worship of them? Why not huge structures made from steel from before a time we even knew about it? or microscopic organisms that don't have DNA or aren't even carbon-based, which would be the "bacteria" of their planet(s)? or really anything super-advanced that they'd consider to be trash (just like we consider old CD's to be trash).
One could argue that they didn't want to leave any traces behind, but then why did they fail so horribly at it? I mean, we know of our gods, even the ones that we don't worship anymore, and there's still lots of structures supposedly built by these aliens. If I were a highly advanced alien, I'd have cleaned that up.
So then for them to exist the only way that makes sense is that all these myths, "mysteries" and structures have absolutely nothing to do with these aliens, but that really begs the question: "Why would we then think they'd visited us in the first place?". After all, at this point there's no traces, no signs whatsoever in fact, and we know that it's very difficult (if not practically impossible) to travel between star systems (it takes decades at least, and only if you can travel at (near) light speed, or you need to use wormholes or warp, both methods require similar spacetime-bending effects that are theoretically possible, but highly unlikely, because of the lack of experimental basis or theoretical means to create them).
In short, those books are some of the things I hate most, because they close minds more than that they open them. However, no offense to you, I dislike the people who actually believe them even more.

O6EvolutionIXMR
07-25-2011, 06:51 AM

Why not?

Here you go...

[LightRey EDIT: I removed the images]

As an astronomy student, who has basically spent his life learning about astronomy even before he became one, I can honestly tell you that that is utter nonsense.
All those "mysteries" that those books (and basically anyone who even slightly agrees with them) claim there to be are either perfectly well explained or just caused by the obvious effects of the extinction, migration or even mass cultural conversion of peoples. Not to mention the eroding effects of time.
From a more astronomical point of view; if aliens would have visited our planet and actually acted as the figures we have referred to as gods, there should've been more traces of them, or absolutely none at all.
if they truly genetically manipulated us and/or ruled over us and/or had us worship them then why are the only supposed traces of them things like the pyramids and our worship of them? Why not huge structures made from steel from before a time we even knew about it? or microscopic organisms that don't have DNA or aren't even carbon-based, which would be the "bacteria" of their planet(s)? or really anything super-advanced that they'd consider to be trash (just like we consider old CD's to be trash).
One could argue that they didn't want to leave any traces behind, but then why did they fail so horribly at it? I mean, we know of our gods, even the ones that we don't worship anymore, and there's still lots of structures supposedly built by these aliens. If I were a highly advanced alien, I'd have cleaned that up.
So then for them to exist the only way that makes sense is that all these myths, "mysteries" and structures have absolutely nothing to do with these aliens, but that really begs the question: "Why would we then think they'd visited us in the first place?". After all, at this point there's no traces, no signs whatsoever in fact, and we know that it's very difficult (if not practically impossible) to travel between star systems (it takes decades at least, and only if you can travel at (near) light speed, or you need to use wormholes or warp, both methods require similar spacetime-bending effects that are theoretically possible, but highly unlikely, because of the lack of experimental basis or theoretical means to create them).
In short, those books are some of the things I hate most, because they close minds more than that they open them. However, no offense to you, I dislike the people who actually believe them even more. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perfect example of someone not thinking outside the box. Just using traditional views to look at things.
What makes you think a civilization far more advanced than us would think like you? What make you think you can relate to them in any way?
Just because "our kind" hasn't reach such technological greatness doesn't mean other civilizations out there haven't.

LightRey
07-25-2011, 07:10 AM
Perfect example of someone not thinking outside the box. Just using traditional views to look at things.
What makes you think a civilization far more advanced than us would think like you? What make you think you can relate to them in any way?
Just because "our kind" hasn't reach such technological greatness doesn't mean other civilizations out there haven't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I am not. You only addressed one of my many points, indicating that you have absolutely no idea how to address the others and by focusing on one you hope to distract any attention from the others.
The 'thinking like them' bit was only a relatively trivial point.
However, for the sake of argument let's say this would be my main point and all I have thought of and stated is actually in some strange way dependent on that single point. Then it would simply come down to this. If all this is about them being basically "unimaginable" in a very literal sense, meaning that they are so unlike us, in both the physical and the mental, that we can basically barely, if at all, imagine what they're like then how can we possibly state anything about their existence in the first place?
I mean, if their entire being is that much different, how could be possibly come with any reliable evidence to either deny or confirm their existence? After all, at this point anything could mean absolutely anything. As such, this is basically a religion, with aliens replacing gods, since there is no evidence that can either support or deny their existence. This makes believing in them a matter of "faith" rather than evidence-based deduction and is therefore not worth discussing from such a viewpoint.
I would happily take up a philosophical discussion involving the why's and how's of this "religion" with you however, especially since I can relate to it in such a way, since I myself am a Christian.

CRUDFACE
07-25-2011, 11:22 AM

In short, those books are some of the things I hate most, because they close minds more than that they open them. However, no offense to you, I dislike the people who actually believe them even more. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not good to start out a conversation with "it's utter nonsense". And it's hard to talk to someone when they claim that they already don't like you because of past experiences with other people who thought to wonder about the existence of aliens of some sorts. I had a few christian friends ditch me when they found out I was agnostic, doesn't mean I'm going to start hating every christian in the world out there. Lol, especially since my mom is one to. Then again, I don't read many of those books, but watch segments and such on them. even though most are fake.

Why not talk about aliens and such?

So...I'll try to go with what you mentioned above in order, for convenience's sake. Cool with you?

First of all, I like your statement about them leaving something behind. If i was an ancient alien, then I'd probably put a big sign somewhere to show others to follow suit. Or at least show it off.

I think the aliens, if based on the gods, were twin sided, some good, others bad. Especially since the gods of pantheons were known to have human qualities and emotions. So it might be that some were good, others bad, which where they experimented and changed us, noting the gap in our species's ancestry. someone once compared us evolving on our own with the same chance of you flinging ink on the walls and somehow getting the entirety of the dictionary/ But to me, it's more of a thing where you let someone grow without interfering to much with they do. And like the gods of old, if we're good enough, then we'll be able to contact them....eventually.

Oh, and on alien anatomy may have inspired the fascinations with long heads and nobility and strength.

Things constructed before our time, or rather before the time where it was considered advance are the:

-the Giza Pyramids which somehow follow the Orion constellation
-In some pyramids, they go to deep and the light can reach the deeper sections. The Baghdad Battery is the solution to that
-How near every major god is associated with the sky

-how they were able to cut and move the blocks of the pyramids
-The Saqqara Bird

But in a ways, I've always thought aliens exist and at the same time I'm not really sure if they'd come here. But those are some cool things to think about.

Poodle_of_Doom
07-25-2011, 12:05 PM
As an astronomy student, who has basically spent his life learning about astronomy even before he became one, I can honestly tell you that that is utter nonsense. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As a layman, having spent his entire life interested in astronomy, I'd like to try my hand at your arguments, as I've perceived them. Before we continue, it seems as if you've become slightly agitated by this topic, and I'd like to say that I'm approaching this with a kind heart. Let me also state that my interpretation of Ancient Alien Theory is different than that commonly accepted. At that, I mostly agree with you. Let us begin.

All those "mysteries" that those books (and basically anyone who even slightly agrees with them) claim there to be are either perfectly well explained or just caused by the obvious effects of the extinction, migration or even mass cultural conversion of peoples. Not to mention the eroding effects of time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with you on the fact that not everything they claim to be a mystery is one. However, I'd like to point out one mystery that seems to allude modern Archeologist. The pyramids are what I shall be referencing. But not the pyramids themselves, but the inner chambers of them. There are many unused chambers.

Now, as much as I'd concur with you about cultural migration, this doesn't really make sense. You see, there were still Pharaohs at the time, and of the time periods around that time, chambers were still being used as burial grounds for them. We have proof of that based on the fact that there were Pharaohs placed in burial chambers before, and after, each of these unused ones were built.

The likely explanation, and one I assume you'll be giving me, is that there was some order to the burial process that we are currently unaware of. As such, we find ourselves curious about something we don't fully understand, and therefore is unattributable to Aliens. You would be correct, however current interpretations by modern archeologist suggest that this is not the case.

(It is at this point that I'd like to point out that you are well outside your area of expertise on this example. Congratulations on lumping all these mysteries together.)

if they truly genetically manipulated us and/or ruled over us and/or had us worship them then why are the only supposed traces of them things like the pyramids and our worship of them? Why not huge structures made from steel from before a time we even knew about it? or microscopic organisms that don't have DNA or aren't even carbon-based, which would be the "bacteria" of their planet(s)? or really anything super-advanced that they'd consider to be trash (just like we consider old CD's to be trash). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, grammar much? I mean, seriously, what the hell is that? Got a little adverbage going on here, a little nounage there, through on a prepositional phrase, add a little mustard, and you have yourself a grammar sandwich. I may have trouble addressing this one due to lack of spaces, and general lack of cohesion. But, alas, I shall try. (Kudos on all that, btw. You sure did good for a learned man! *wink*)

I'd like to start off by saying that what could be considered traces of them may no longer considered traces of them via propagation, of sorts. This will be addressed shortly, as I will be addressing each point as you have brought them up.

First and foremost there are only trace amounts, i.e. stone buildings and the like, as you have pointed out, because of resources and technology. You've asked about steel structures. On that note, I have to ask a simple question. Would you waste valuable resources on a primitive culture you intend enslave for labor, and mining, or save it for yourself and your growing population?

Personally, I'd look to use as few resources as possible on the said culture (being us, relevant to the point and question), especially when said slave laborers are literally a dime a dozen. Who cares if you make them work hard, in high heat? Who cares if you don't feed, and water them well? Or how much you beat them? If one keels over, you simply get another one. They're cheap, expendable, and easily replaced.

Since you referenced the pyramids, I will too... Everything I've just pointed out can be seen in regards to how the Egyptians treated the Israelites. And that's a lesson straight out of your Bible.

On the subject of microorganisms, I must say, you can't really stand behind a whole lot of what you said there. Are you really this presumptuous? We've found asteroids with organisms, and basic amino acids on them. (Being an Astronomer yourself, I'm surprised you brought this point up!)

If this stuff comes in from outer space with basic genetic structure, and building blocks for such structures, what makes you think that DNA wouldn't exist elsewhere? This is speculation at its finest.

As for non carbon based life, Earth's atmosphere is approximately 78% nitrogen. This would probably not be of much use to a phosphorus-nitrogen life form, for example, since molecular nitrogen (N2) is nearly inert and energetically expensive to "fix" due to its triple bond. On the other hand, one could say that some Earth plants such as legumes can fix nitrogen using symbiotic bacteria contained in their root nodules, but those bacteria have to exist before the nitrogen fixation process they perform can actually take place.

Point being that if they were non carbon based life forms, they may not come here due to our atmospheric conditions.

That said, I'd like to point out the example of bacteria. Who's to say that this bacterium hasn't been left behind, if they even have it at all? Perhaps they had brought some, on their skin, or other means. What may have been foreign to our planet then, may not be considered as much now. This would be due to the many decades that these bacteria would have to evolve, and developed further here.

A popular example is the plague. People often had seen a tall hooded figure, with a rod of some sort, standing far off on a hill before episodes of the plague broke out. This was eventually translated into the common image of the grim reaper.

Also, as I have mentioned before, plants do use some microorganisms, and enzymes, to help process nitrogen. These could be some parasitic organisms left behind, or introduced by them for farming purposes (to help feed their slaves).

As for their trash, I'd ask you to consider what it was that I've originally addressed about resources. Would you really give up, or abandon resources? Perhaps that is what they came for?

On this matter, I would like to say that I believe I have substantially shot down all your previous questions, and points, and therefore, the continuing reference to traces of evidence would not need to be addressed again.

As to why they may have visited in the first place, I'll again allude to slave labor, and resources. We may have been to them what cattle are to us. They found a planet with a primitive society, not yet in a state of development, and chose to mine for it's elements, and resources. We became like livestock, and were forced to mine areas. (Similarly in my interpretation of AAT, since we were already digging out stone, and sand, we might as well build structures, and societies. This may have been what they exchanged for our labor. The basic principals of building.)

I'd also like to take the opportunity to examine what it is you said about space travel. Let us first recognize the fact that the basic principals are theoretically sound, as you've pointed out. (Again, bad astronomer, going down this road. Did you really not think about what I would say?)

Albert Einstein showed, through his theory of relativity, that when one approaches the speed of light, time slows. He has also shown that you cannot theoretically hit the speed of light, due to objects becoming infinitely massive. Therefore, your assumption of wormholes would be correct.

Einstein also provided us with another astonishing discover via his theory. He showed that as time slows, and one approaches the speed of light, one goes, or can go, back in time. Therefore, there is no time relative to how far away something is. It's theoretically possible to arrive immediately after having departed, and therefore having nothing to worry about when it comes to time, and space.

That said, bear in mind the farthest star away from us is 12.7 billion light-years away from. Even if you deduct a few hundred million years for the formation, and cooling of planets, as well as for the formation of life,... well You'd still have a society that's billions of years ahead of us technologically speaking. How naive of you to assume that they were not capable of coming here.

BK-110
07-25-2011, 12:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BK-110:

(<span class="ev_code_WHITE">The Vault beneath Santa Maria in Aracoeli (The Vault in Brotherhood)</span>) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good eye. I hadn't caught this one before, but now that you've pointed it out, I can see it. What else have you noticed? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't watch the rest. Wasn't too fond of it... Baseless speculation with so-called "experts". Nothing but E.T. fanatics spouting bogus claims. Well, what to expect from a show called "Ancient Aliens"...

Poodle_of_Doom
07-25-2011, 12:33 PM

Good eye. I hadn't caught this one before, but now that you've pointed it out, I can see it. What else have you noticed? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't watch the rest. Wasn't too fond of it... Baseless speculation with so-called "experts". Nothing but E.T. fanatics spouting bogus claims. Well, what to expect from a show called "Ancient Aliens"... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Absolutely. I completely agree whole heartedly. This is way I've strayed away from it in recent days. Also, I've noted that each episode is basically the same....

CRUDFACE
07-25-2011, 01:07 PM

Didn't watch the rest. Wasn't too fond of it... Baseless speculation with so-called "experts". Nothing but E.T. fanatics spouting bogus claims. Well, what to expect from a show called "Ancient Aliens"... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Absolutely. I completely agree whole heartedly. This is way I've strayed away from it in recent days. Also, I've noted that each episode is basically the same.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's like after ten episodes, it starts to just get stuck on repeat, doesn't it?

LightRey
07-25-2011, 02:59 PM
Ok, here we go. I had hoped it wouldn't come to this, but it evidently has.

first, @t260z:
to start, "it is utter nonsense" is what I said, because it really is. It is not an opinion, nor am I trying to insult anyone. It's just so that from a scientific point of view, those books are all wrong and I simply have nothing more to say about that. Period.
Second, I dislike these books and people not because of what they believe, but what they claim to be scientific, which it just isn't as I have stated before. I dislike them because I, just as most if not all of my fellow scientists, feel insulted by such claims.
Third, I am not questioning the way aliens would have acted towards humans if they would ever have been here. In fact, you're probably spot on on that particular part. If we are any example, it should be obvious that some of them would've acted benevolently, while others would have acted selfishly and arrogantly. The Olympian gods are also a good example of this.
Fourth, to quote you:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">-the Giza Pyramids which somehow follow the Orion constellation
-In some pyramids, they go to deep and the light can reach the deeper sections. The Baghdad Battery is the solution to that
-How near every major god is associated with the sky

-how they were able to cut and move the blocks of the pyramids
-The Saqqara Bird </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The Giza Pyramids: They are NOT aligned with the Orion constellation in any way other than that they're sort of three points on one line (not even in the same way the stars on Orion's belt are). There's no real discussion on this, it's simply so. It is a common misconception on the side of the supporters of the aliens-have-visited-us-in-the-past theory.
The Baghdad Battery is a very simple instrument that indeed could have functioned as a battery. However, so could any form of a gelatine salt solution dipped in seawater. In fact, my proposed version would probably work better, since the Baghdad Battery can't even muster up one volt.
"How near every major god is associated with the sky". This one is also very simple. It is the only place man could never reach until only a few hundred years ago. It had always been a mystery and therefore most things associated with the divine are connected to it.
The blocks. Come on man. This is well documented stuff. Not only did the ancient Egyptians actually write down that they were the ones who cut out the stones, brought them to the pyramids and built the pyramids, but there's of course also the tons and tons of artifacts and traces left behind by the Egyptians which basically prove that they not only could do it, but also actually did. You really don't give humans enough credit for their abilities.
The Saqqara Bird, I find it very likely that humans found out about the basics of aerodynamics at that time and illustrated this in the form of such a model. It makes much sense. Like many forms of knowledge this was probably forgotten and since at that time the tools to do anything significant with this knowledge didn't exist, there aren't any other traces of it. In fact, it is very likely (if you look at his drawings) that Leonardo Da Vinci also (re)invented this concept before the Wright Brothers did.

ok, next comes Poodle_of_Doom.

About the pyramids, I am quite sure those unused rooms are decoys. Many Ancient Egyptian tombs are hidden in a maze of rooms and hallways so that grave robbers have more trouble finding the real burial chamber(s) (and yes, there were grave robbers that tried to rob the burial chambers of the pharaoh's. In fact, I know for a fact that so many of them actually succeeded, that the pharaoh's had to take precautions such as this. I don't know much more about this though, so I can't confirm or deny more than this. I'm no archeologist after all.
Next I will only address a few separate points (I need the space).
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">First and foremost there are only trace amounts, i.e. stone buildings and the like, as you have pointed out, because of resources and technology. You've asked about steel structures. On that note, I have to ask a simple question. Would you waste valuable resources on a primitive culture you intend enslave for labor, and mining, or save it for yourself and your growing population? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well actually steel isn't that valuable at all. At least, it shouldn't be to the aliens. Iron is a very common metal not just in the universe, but especially here on Earth and nearby planets such as Mars. Not to mention coal, which is even more common (I hope I need not explain why). So to find even a little steel should not really be a problem, but basically what I'm trying to say is that if there had been highly advanced aliens here, we should have found at least a little bit of actual tools (or even toys, just "alien-made" junk made from pure metals or alloys.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">On the subject of microorganisms, I must say, you can't really stand behind a whole lot of what you said there. Are you really this presumptuous? We've found asteroids with organisms, and basic amino acids on them. (Being an Astronomer yourself, I'm surprised you brought this point up!) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Actually, we didn't. It's something that comes up every few years (usually it's the same people) and it's always either inconclusive, or just wrong.
I am actually not saying we should be finding "alien DNA". I'm actually saying the opposite. If there truly were aliens here, we should be finding life in forms independent of DNA or even not carbon based.
The point is that whenever humans come anywhere, they always leave more than enough traces to prove that they've been there. There really are no exceptions to that rule.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Einstein also provided us with another astonishing discover via his theory. He showed that as time slows, and one approaches the speed of light, one goes, or can go, back in time. Therefore, there is no time relative to how far away something is. It's theoretically possible to arrive immediately after having departed, and therefore having nothing to worry about when it comes to time, and space. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That is not true. I think you are a little confused. What Einstein theorized with the Special Theory of Relativity, was that as an object approaches the speed of light, its time, relative to the observer slows down. This means that relative to the observer it will experience ,say, one hour in the same time the observer experiences several hours. This is also reversible, which means that it's the other way around for the object looking at the observer (to the object the observer is the one experiencing "less" time). This doesn't mean that you could go back in time. In fact it states that, at least in this way, it is impossible, since to go back in time this way one would have to go faster than the speed of light, which the theory states is impossible.
I am in no way saying that alien life doesn't exist. In fact, I am quite sure it does. It's just so that, as a scientist, all I can look at is the evidence and all the evidence is pointing away from this theory. I'm not saying it can't be true, I'm just saying that it's highly unlikely.

I suggest to both of you that you read up on your facts, because you got many, if not most of them (partially) wrong. If anything I said is unclear to you or if you would like to know more about a particular subject involving physics or astronomy I'd be happy to answer all your questions.

Poodle_of_Doom
07-25-2011, 03:13 PM

Absolutely. I completely agree whole heartedly. This is way I've strayed away from it in recent days. Also, I've noted that each episode is basically the same.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's like after ten episodes, it starts to just get stuck on repeat, doesn't it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes it does...

blazefp
07-25-2011, 03:31 PM
Well, I'm too lazy to read ALL of this but I see that you'r talking about aliens and stuff like that. Here's a thought.

People (in general) are lazy (yeah I'm a person too), so if anything they find seems inexplicable they'll say it was a all powerful creature that created it. Seems familiar? Yes, I'm talking about gods and aliens (no offense to the believers).

It sounds like this: "Uh look at the Earth, how could have anyone build it? Hmm...uh...Oh yes I know, it was a god!" And yes, I write "god" with a small "g" because I think they are overrated and I'm 100% sure they don't exist. See George Carlin's statements and take them more seriously.

Why should a god exist? People just didn't know what hallucinations were and they believed in it. And if a god truly existed, then damn he is doing a bloody hideous job in "keeping the world safe". And why should he? What makes people believe that gods have no evil intentions?

Sry to the religious guys by what I've said (and don't forget George Carlin) but gods and religions are just an anchor to people so that they aren't alone (which is another issue, I'm probably a sociopath but I've no problems with loneliness).

With aliens it's exactly the same story though they may actually exist. Just because there's something we don't understand doesn't mean it was done by aliens. We just don't know. This issue probably started out because of the (apparent) inability of people to say publicly "I DON'T KNOW". There are no easy solutions.

And what exactly would an alien be doing in our planet? Why would they invade us? Do you really think that someone that is a lots of light years from us would just come here to kill everyone or to explore human race? I don't think so. I think they would just stay there in their planet(s) studying us from a distance. Yeah they could eventually come a little bit closer to get better sight but almost for sure they wouldn't start a war just to do some research.

So stop saying that that old stones were shaped by aliens or gods because they had no reason to do that. Also, a minor detail, they don't exist.

LightRey
07-25-2011, 03:39 PM
Well, I'm too lazy to read ALL of this but I see that you'r talking about aliens and stuff like that. Here's a thought.

People (in general) are lazy (yeah I'm a person too), so if anything they find seems inexplicable they'll say it was a all powerful creature that created it. Seems familiar? Yes, I'm talking about gods and aliens (no offense to the believers).

It sounds like this: "Uh look at the Earth, how could have anyone build it? Hmm...uh...Oh yes I know, it was a god!" And yes, I write "god" with a small "g" because I think they are overrated and I'm 100% sure they don't exist. See George Carlin's statements and take them more seriously.

Why should a god exist? People just didn't know what hallucinations were and they believed in it. And if a god truly existed, then damn he is doing a bloody hideous job in "keeping the world safe". And why should he? What makes people believe that gods have no evil intentions?

Sry to the religious guys by what I've said (and don't forget George Carlin) but gods and religions are just an anchor to people so that they aren't alone (which is another issue, I'm probably a sociopath but I've no problems with loneliness).

With aliens it's exactly the same story though they may actually exist. Just because there's something we don't understand doesn't mean it was done by aliens. We just don't know. This issue probably started out because of the (apparent) inability of people to say publicly "I DON'T KNOW". There are no easy solutions.

And what exactly would an alien be doing in our planet? Why would they invade us? Do you really think that someone that is a lots of light years from us would just come here to kill everyone or to explore human race? I don't think so. I think they would just stay there in their planet(s) studying us from a distance. Yeah they could eventually come a little bit closer to get better sight but almost for sure they wouldn't start a war just to do some research.

So stop saying that that old stones were shaped by aliens or gods because they had no reason to do that. Also, a minor detail, they don't exist. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thank you. I still believe in god though. :P

blazefp
07-25-2011, 03:48 PM

So stop saying that that old stones were shaped by aliens or gods because they had no reason to do that. Also, a minor detail, they don't exist. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thank you. I still believe in god though. :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol well, "one should have the freedom to choose" right? One should also have the freedom to believe

Poodle_of_Doom
07-25-2011, 04:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">About the pyramids, I am quite sure those unused rooms are decoys. Many Ancient Egyptian tombs are hidden in a maze of rooms and hallways so that grave robbers have more trouble finding the real burial chamber(s) (and yes, there were grave robbers that tried to rob the burial chambers of the pharaoh's. In fact, I know for a fact that so many of them actually succeeded, that the pharaoh's had to take precautions such as this. I don't know much more about this though, so I can't confirm or deny more than this. I'm no archeologist after all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll give that one to you.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Well actually steel isn't that valuable at all. At least, it shouldn't be to the aliens. Iron is a very common metal not just in the universe, but especially here on Earth and nearby planets such as Mars. Not to mention coal, which is even more common (I hope I need not explain why). So to find even a little steel should not really be a problem, but basically what I'm trying to say is that if there had been highly advanced aliens here, we should have found at least a little bit of actual tools (or even toys, just "alien-made" junk made from pure metals or alloys. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I still doubt this. If I have an expanding population, and great distances between planets, I wouldn't waste, or leave behind. I'd recycle metals, and alloys. I'd build more ships, expand on technology, and generally allow my population to expand. I would waste a bit of metal, even if it were a soup can.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Actually, we didn't. It's something that comes up every few years (usually it's the same people) and it's always either inconclusive, or just wrong.
I am actually not saying we should be finding "alien DNA". I'm actually saying the opposite. If there truly were aliens here, we should be finding life in forms independent of DNA or even not carbon based.
The point is that whenever humans come anywhere, they always leave more than enough traces to prove that they've been there. There really are no exceptions to that rule. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Glad you specified Humans, not aliens. On that note, I beg to differ on that. In fact, I won't speculate further.... (http://www.space.com/10498-life-building-blocks-surprising-meteorite.html)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">That is not true. I think you are a little confused. What Einstein theorized with the Special Theory of Relativity, was that as an object approaches the speed of light, its time, relative to the observer slows down. This means that relative to the observer it will experience ,say, one hour in the same time the observer experiences several hours. This is also reversible, which means that it's the other way around for the object looking at the observer (to the object the observer is the one experiencing "less" time). This doesn't mean that you could go back in time. In fact it states that, at least in this way, it is impossible, since to go back in time this way one would have to go faster than the speed of light, which the theory states is impossible.
I am in no way saying that alien life doesn't exist. In fact, I am quite sure it does. It's just so that, as a scientist, all I can look at is the evidence and all the evidence is pointing away from this theory. I'm not saying it can't be true, I'm just saying that it's highly unlikely. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I understand the concept of a time dialation. What I'm telling you is that technically,... if you were to use a worm hole, and fold space, you would exit one end as you were entering the other. This causes you to arrive as you leave. Meaning distance traveled will not equate to time. Even though something is light years away, it's not necessarily years at the speed of light away. My overall point is simply that they could be billions of years ahead of us culturally, and technologically where what we think of as theory, for them is actually fact. Therefore, worm holes, and the concept of outrunning time, or dealing with it at a managable level is not the same to them as it is to us.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I suggest to both of you that you read up on your facts, because you got many, if not most of them (partially) wrong. If anything I said is unclear to you or if you would like to know more about a particular subject involving physics or astronomy I'd be happy to answer all your questions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I notice you only called me out on three points. Second of all, I like how you upgraded to Physics and Astronomy now...

I have to know, did you have someone type that out for you? Because it looks as if someone actually took the time to eat the proverbial sandwich you made, and left something of substance...

LightRey
07-25-2011, 04:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I still doubt this. If I have an expanding population, and great distances between planets, I wouldn't waste, or leave behind. I'd recycle metals, and alloys. I'd build more ships, expand on technology, and generally allow my population to expand. I would waste a bit of metal, even if it were a soup can. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, I can't imagine how much they needed, but if they came here for such resources, why did they leave so much behind? We still have tons of both coal and iron on our planet. Same goes for Mars. Better yet, Mars has more iron probably. In fact, why did they leave so much behind that there isn't any surprisingly large amount of it completely gone? We are able to estimate how much of any element there should be in our solar system and how it should be distributed. There just doesn't seem to be anything missing.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Glad you specified Humans, not aliens. On that note, I beg to differ on that. In fact, I won't speculate further.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I know that's your source. It has however been concluded by the scientific community that there is no conclusive evidence that says that these substances weren't formed on earth rather than in space.
Just because an article, even one in a scientific magazine, states something, doesn't make it true or accepted by the scientific community.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Yeah, I understand the concept of a time dialation. What I'm telling you is that technically,... if you were to use a worm hole, and fold space, you would exit one end as you were entering the other. This causes you to arrive as you leave. Meaning distance traveled will not equate to time. Even though something is light years away, it's not necessarily years at the speed of light away. My overall point is simply that they could be billions of years ahead of us culturally, and technologically where what we think of as theory, for them is actually fact. Therefore, worm holes, and the concept of outrunning time, or dealing with it at a managable level is not the same to them as it is to us. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I will simply state then that you should not refer to time travel in this case.
Regarding the worm hole thing. It's not really a hole. At least, it won't look like one to us and you can't actually "enter" or "exit" one. A wormhole is a "tunnel" that connects the 2 "sides" of a "fold" in space. I use quotes, because I am using 2-dimensional space to describe something in 3-dimensional space. Anyways, one going "through" this wormhole would actually just be traveling through space, except instead of traveling to the other side of the hole (where space would have connected would there not have been a wormhole) you travel "down" the wormhole to a point on the other side of the "fold", basically avoiding the "flap" "above" it. It's basically a shortcut.
I would like to point out that there is absolutely no theoretical way to make a wormhole except maybe with a black hole and there's lots of problems with that way. Trust me, that's not the way anyone, even superintelligent highly advanced aliens, would travel if they even could and I would like to point out that as far as the theory goes, it shouldn't be possible.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I notice you only called me out on three points. Second of all, I like how you upgraded to Physics and Astronomy now... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I only called you out on three points, because I felt those were the most significant ones and I either agreed with the others or was to tired to address the others. If you feel that they should be addressed, you can always bring them up again.
I would like for you to stop criticizing my "proverbial sandwiches". I'm not (consciously, at least) trying to create a maze of words. This is just the way I write things down. It might look chaotic or confusing. Either way I don't really care, nor would it help you much if I did, because I, by my nature, don't know many other ways than writing down equations and drawing graphs.
I added physics because astronomy and physics overlap. In fact, astronomy is really just a specific area of physics. I found that it would be appropriate to add physics since this could easily spread to many other areas of physics.

Poodle_of_Doom
07-25-2011, 04:53 PM
I never presented articles, nor did I state that I had anything definitive. Unfortunately, the scientific community will not be impressed until we submit an actual UFO, and plop in down on the table. That said, Iíd still reference the fact the oldest race in the universe could be upwards of 11 billion years. So just because something theoretical couldnít happen for you, doesnít mean it couldn't happen for them.

And the sandwiches I mention make you seem child like one minute, and intelligent the next. It seems as if the POV has changed... I wonder if the person has too...

LightRey
07-25-2011, 04:58 PM
I never presented articles, nor did I state that I had anything definitive. Unfortunately, the scientific community will not be impressed until we submit an actual UFO, and plop in down on the table. That said, Iíd still reference the fact the oldest race in the universe could be upwards of 11 billion years. So just because something theoretical couldnít happen for you, doesnít mean it couldn't happen for them.

And the sandwiches I mention make you seem child like one minute, and intelligent the next. It seems as if the POV has changed... I wonder if the person has too... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. I find it somewhat strange that you're analyzing my posts to such a degree that you're coming up with these really unsettling theories. Are you suggesting I have a split personality or something?
Also, who says children cannot be intelligent? Your statement seems to suggest they are opposites.
Btw, you did present an article. The one about the meteorite, which was the one I was referring to.

Poodle_of_Doom
07-25-2011, 05:06 PM
I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. I find it somewhat strange that you're analyzing my posts to such a degree that you're coming up with these really unsettling theories. Are you suggesting I have a split personality or something?
Also, who says children cannot be intelligent? Your statement seems to suggest they are opposites.
Btw, you did present an article. The one about the meteorite, which was the one I was referring to. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I simply read what people write. At that, I see someone who claims to be in a position of prestige, be it an Astronomer, and Physicist, but could not type with the basic fundamentals of the English Language. This is where I drew comparison to the child like behavior. You seemed inept at first, almost like you were a moth to flame, but then your posts became readily accurate, as if you were trying harder. Itís just that it was harder than I expected you to. I'm just saying that I think that you may of either had help writing your recent responses, or perhaps blundered horribly on your first.... I'm confused as to which it is considering the ego seems a little more inflated now as compared to the first. But I digress.... I tend to tear apart what people say, and how they say it.

LightRey
07-25-2011, 05:13 PM
Btw, you did present an article. The one about the meteorite, which was the one I was referring to. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I simply read what people write. At that, I see someone who claims to be in a position of prestige, be it an Astronomer, and Physicist, but could not type with the basic fundamentals of the English Language. This is where I drew comparison to the child like behavior. You seemed inept at first, almost like you were a moth to flame, but then your posts became readily accurate, as if you were trying harder. Itís just that it was harder than I expected you to. I'm just saying that I think that you may of either had help writing your recent responses, or perhaps blundered horribly on your first.... I'm confused as to which it is considering the ego seems a little more inflated now as compared to the first. But I digress.... I tend to tear apart what people say, and how they say it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I would like to point out that I'm not a native speaker, nor am I someone who's particularly good at languages. I'm an astronomy student, not an astronomer and I never claimed to be anything else. All I said was that I am a scientist.
I started coming up with the stronger arguments, because, as I said before, I wanted to refrain from doing so. I feared that it would turn into a discussion about me, which it clearly has thanks to you. Good work on that btw.
You also have my greatest thanks for the insults, they are much appreciated.

Poodle_of_Doom
07-25-2011, 05:21 PM
I would like to point out that I'm not a native speaker, nor am I someone who's particularly good at languages. I'm an astronomy student, not an astronomer and I never claimed to be anything else. All I said was that I am a scientist.
I started coming up with the stronger arguments, because, as I said before, I wanted to refrain from doing so. I feared that it would turn into a discussion about me, which it clearly has thanks to you. Good work on that btw.
You also have my greatest thanks for the insults, they are much appreciated. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not being a native speaker actually points out a lot. What language is your native tongue? I don't know why you'd refrain though. There's nothing wrong with a civil discussion... And it has only turned into a discussion about you because of your change in grammatical appearance....

LightRey
07-25-2011, 05:26 PM
You also have my greatest thanks for the insults, they are much appreciated. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not being a native speaker actually points out a lot. What language is your native tongue? I don't know why you'd refrain though. There's nothing wrong with a civil discussion... And it has only turned into a discussion about you because of your change in grammatical appearance.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You're the one who chose to address my "change in grammatical appearance".
From my experience, there's no such thing as a civil discussion on the internet and you have only given me evidence for this fact.
I'm Dutch, which is why I'm going to sleep now.

Poodle_of_Doom
07-25-2011, 06:48 PM

Not being a native speaker actually points out a lot. What language is your native tongue? I don't know why you'd refrain though. There's nothing wrong with a civil discussion... And it has only turned into a discussion about you because of your change in grammatical appearance.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You're the one who chose to address my "change in grammatical appearance".
From my experience, there's no such thing as a civil discussion on the internet and you have only given me evidence for this fact.
I'm Dutch, which is why I'm going to sleep now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with you, to the point where most discussions on the internet are not civil, and refrain from being so for long. However, let me say that I did start the conversation between you and I with the following:

"As a layman, having spent his entire life interested in astronomy, I'd like to try my hand at your arguments, as I've perceived them. Before we continue, it seems as if you've become slightly agitated by this topic, and I'd like to say that I'm approaching this with a kind heart. Let me also state that my interpretation of Ancient Alien Theory is different than that commonly accepted. At that, I mostly agree with you. Let us begin."

Basically, I tried to be civil. The joke about your word hodgepodge was nothing more than that, and not intended to be insulting. If you took it that way, I apologize.

O6EvolutionIXMR
07-25-2011, 08:44 PM
What some of you fail to understand is that as a human race, there are just things we cannot explain in this world and are far beyond the capabilities of ancient humans.

Let's take the ruins of Sacsayhuaman near Cusco, Peru for example. Thousands of Granite stone blocks weighing an average of 200-300 tons are scattered in an area totalling 333,035,388 sq-ft. The heaviest weighing 360 tons, the quarry in which they came from is 10 miles from the site. The blocks are put together so closely, that you can barely slide a piece of paper between the blocks. They don't appear to be "cut" into place, but formed instead.
Now, since modern-day archeologist and even professional stone-cutters can't explain how this was done, I'd like some of you to enlighten me.

http://www.travel-to.info/2009...a-historic-creation/ (http://www.travel-to.info/2009/09/sacsayhuaman-a-historic-creation/)
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/222/499014686_2701b4c49d.jpg
http://c0021553.cdn1.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/2768882720_b9a056f45c.jpg
http://www.world-mysteries.com/mpl_9_giant_stones_Sacsayhuaman.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_JVvOGyknNnE/TOQ8yP-i1II/AAAAAAAAACM/N30tYaZuMUs/s1600/sacsayhuaman_zed.jpg

Now just to put this in perspective...

A 300 ton granite block weighs about the same as...

Three Caterpillar 777Fs:

http://www.puddingsworld.com/Machinery/Friends_tractors/John_Newmans_Pictures/Images/Cat%20797B%20haul%20truck%201.JPG

Or...

about 5X Abrams M1 tanks:

http://media.defenseindustrydaily.com/images/LAND_M1A1_Baghdad_Currum_Ago_lg.jpg

Or about the same as 2X C-17 Globmaster III Cargo planes:
http://c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I0000dKrpXzPHEfo/s/860/688/NZL-20110316-53036-Y5V0442-crop.JPG

These days, with our technology, in order for us to lift such weights it would require using cranes.

This is a XCMG GY100K ton mobile crane. It has a max lifting capacity of 100 tons. So you do the math on how many would be required to lift each stone on average.

http://image.made-in-china.com/2f0j00kBcapYLzaMqb/Xcmg-Truck-Crane-QY100K-100ton-Crane.jpg

On to the cutting.
As mentioned before, unlike the soft limestone found throughout Egypt's sites like Giza, these stones are solid granite. Granite is the second hardest stone known to man. Which means, in order to cut it, you need to use the 1st which is Diamond.
So how did the Inca manage to do that without diamond-studded blades/bits & machinery like we have today?

http://www.jdktools.com/images/Diamond-Tools/Granite-Block-Saw-Blade.jpg
http://www.dimatec.com/products/corebits/pcd/geo_bits.jpg
http://www.sz-wholesaler.com/userimg/1068/1139sw1/surface-set-diamond-core-bits-841.jpg

I went into this alot more than I initially wanted to but there are a bunch of other sites around the world with just as much mystery & intrigue.
But the fact is, there is NO WAY some of these accomplishments were made without the help from a far more advanced civilization.

http://www.sacred-destinations.com/egypt/giza-pyramids-pictures/great-pyramid-scale-cc-gary-jones.jpg

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/3263/yonaguni11fu3.jpg
http://media.mlive.com/kzgazette/features_impact/photo/loy-norrix-kalamazoo-central-travel-club-during-their-2007-trip-to-england-stonehenge-fbf4f7839ade5db8.jpg
http://www.travel-to.info/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/easter-island-chile-3.jpg
http://www.paranormalstories.com/images/Puma-Punku-Stone-Carving.jpg
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/38/85008421_9e9d9b2848.jpg
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1190/4727609264_e384463e33.jpg

Poodle_of_Doom
07-25-2011, 09:50 PM
All very good points. Most of these I've seen from the Ancient Alien videos... Thnaks for posting. What propositions do people out there have for these sites?

LightRey
07-26-2011, 02:50 AM
What some of you fail to understand is that as a human race, there are just things we cannot explain in this world and are far beyond the capabilities of ancient humans.

Let's take the ruins of Sacsayhuaman near Cusco, Peru for example. Thousands of Granite stone blocks weighing an average of 200-300 tons are scattered in an area totalling 333,035,388 sq-ft. The heaviest weighing 360 tons, the quarry in which they came from is 10 miles from the site. The blocks are put together so closely, that you can barely slide a piece of paper between the blocks. They don't appear to be "cut" into place, but formed instead.
Now, since modern-day archeologist and even professional stone-cutters can't explain how this was done, I'd like some of you to enlighten me.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Not this again. All of these things were thought of, explained by and made by humans. There really are no exceptions. I don't know why you think it would've been impossible for them. You are certainly no expert on such things, and neither are the writers of those books you presented.
Moving big rocks isn't a big deal. It most certainly doesn't require anything highly evolved, let alone aliens.
Do you really wanna know why archeologists don't want to hear about this stuff? It's because the theory comes out of nowhere. Why aliens? Why not extinct supersquirrels or people from the future that went back with a time machine? Both of these theories have just as much evidence and both of them are just as, if not more likely than aliens having done so.
And that right there is the part that's so very important. How in god's name do you come up with aliens? I mean, that it's somewhat unlikely that humans did this sort of makes sense, but where do aliens suddenly pop up? Nowhere is written that aliens, or even gods built anything on earth. There is literally no evidence that actually suggests aliens did anything here. The idea just comes out of nowhere. It's a random theory without any basis.
Finally, humans have been capable of many things beyond our expectations. Do not insult them by claiming they couldn't have built these things. They could and as they themselves wrote down they did.

blazefp
07-26-2011, 03:39 AM
well, first I'll talk about poodle and Light_Rey "discussion".
To start I'm not English too so SRY Poodle and I understood all Light_Rey's words so I don't know why you (an English person I suppose) didn't. Plus he actually knows better than us about this subject for obvious reasons. This doesn't mean you have to accept all his words but give them more credit at least.

Now about that theory of the worm wholes and aliens and stuff:

1st - You may have heard about something called RECYCLING but lets suppose somehow that isn't enough.
To get metal out of our planet, they had to travel trough billions and billions of miles and spend probably tons and tons of fuel AND risk their asses numerous times JUST to get here. After that, they would have to put the most amount of metal they wanted in their space ship. F****** big space ship no? And as if that wasn't enough, they would have to get back home with millions of tons of metal and go through all of what I said again. Space travels aren't like truck trips. If they are so smart, I think they wouldn't do this.

2nd - Again if they are so smart and have the capability to travel through space safely, why come all way down here when there are a lot of inhabited planets with metal in the Universe? It's like going to Italy just to eat pasta. Why? I can eat it right here where I am.

3rd and to finish - If they stole us metal, why isn't there any evidence? Certainly there should be some kind of a lack of metals in rocks or so (I don't really know what I'm talking about but I'm sure there should be some kind of evidence somewhere). And why would they leave so much metal behind? If they needed metal so much, why not take it all from us?

And now the images. I have a short story for you guys. Spain's king wanted to see if the world was round or not because there was a lot of speculation on that. He had a lot of sailors so it was hard to choose who would go to prove that. So he organized a contest. The first to put an egg erect in a table without falling would go on the journey. They all said that that was impossible because the table was flat and the egg was round. Cristov„o Colombo said that was possible. Everyone thought he was ******ed and challenged him to do it. So he just smashed the lower part of the egg in the table and it stayed erect.

moral of the story: It may seem impossible but that only means you don't know how it is done. However when you prove that something is impossible, unless yo are wrong, it really is.

So to sum up, it's impossible that aliens landed on Earth to take our metal or any other material with 99,(9)% of sure; it's likely that if they want something, they'll get it to neighboring planets; there's absolutely no evidence at all that they came here (and even if they didn't want that, it's just not possible to steal something from us without leaving any proof or sign) AND not knowing something isn't the proof that aliens have ever been here.

EmmaBemma
07-26-2011, 03:52 AM
Man pulling Boeing 767 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tls-Jli6eQE)
Man pulling 6 10-ton trucks (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHHT896dwEY&feature=related)
Granted, those things have wheels, but if one man can pull these things then imagine what you could do with hundreds of strong men and basic equipment (for example, wooden tracks to reduce friction, levers and pulleys).

Now, homo sapiens originated around 200,000 years ago, and modern human is estimated it have originated approximately 50, 000 years ago. By this point we have evidence of well-made tools, jewelry, art, games, music, religion, textiles, fashion, long-distance trade and so on. These were people with culture, communication and ingenuity.

It seems far less of a logical leap, to me, that humans were perhaps more advanced than we originally thought than that aliens traveled thousands of light-years across space to Earth to give us these technologies. That doesn't mean it definitely didn't happen but it's a far more unlikely explanation, and there's no solid evidence to suggest it ever happened.

Things like strange-looking humanoids in paintings and carvings is really stretching it, since we can't know what intentions the artists had. Remember these were not literal-minded cavemen pointing and going 'ugg', these were people with imaginations. It makes me wonder if people or a future advanced species will look back on our sci-fi and expressionist works of art (e.g. Picasso's works) and think we had been visited by aliens (or gods, spirits e.t.c).

That modern day experts do not have answers for some of the phenomena (or perhaps they do, I haven't read enough about them - but certainly I've seen very good explanations for things like Stonehenge), doesn't mean that ancient humans did not. Ideas can float around for ages yet never be reached until some clever, and lucky, bugger gets a spark of genius, and they can be lost again. Is it so unlikely that our ancestors found invented techniques that we have no idea about today?

LightRey
07-26-2011, 04:17 AM
@blazefp, I agree. I also really like that story you told. Now that is thinking outside the box.

@EmmaBemma, I believe you are absolutely correct on all of your points. All I can really think of adding to it is the translation of a slogan of a Dutch insurance company: "Sometimes things seem complicated, but the solution is always simple".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b92NoxSb90

Poodle_of_Doom
07-26-2011, 10:00 AM
1st - You may have heard about something called RECYCLING but lets suppose somehow that isn't enough.
To get metal out of our planet, they had to travel trough billions and billions of miles and spend probably tons and tons of fuel AND risk their asses numerous times JUST to get here. After that, they would have to put the most amount of metal they wanted in their space ship. F****** big space ship no? And as if that wasn't enough, they would have to get back home with millions of tons of metal and go through all of what I said again. Space travels aren't like truck trips. If they are so smart, I think they wouldn't do this.

2nd - Again if they are so smart and have the capability to travel through space safely, why come all way down here when there are a lot of inhabited planets with metal in the Universe? It's like going to Italy just to eat pasta. Why? I can eat it right here where I am.

3rd and to finish - If they stole us metal, why isn't there any evidence? Certainly there should be some kind of a lack of metals in rocks or so (I don't really know what I'm talking about but I'm sure there should be some kind of evidence somewhere). And why would they leave so much metal behind? If they needed metal so much, why not take it all from us? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps they're planet was depleted, or dying for whatever reason. Who says that they'd be going home, if they even have one? Maybe space is where they live now...

Maybe they didn't think it was habited, but a good planet that could sustain their numbers, and provide resources.

Maybe my last option was the more plausable one, and that's why nothing looks disturbed. Or maybe, after thousands of years, everything's settled, after taken only what they needed. Maybe they left some for us to, allowing us the ability to use it...

CRUDFACE
07-26-2011, 11:39 AM
well, first I'll talk about poodle and Light_Rey "discussion".
To start I'm not English too so SRY Poodle and I understood all Light_Rey's words so I don't know why you (an English person I suppose) didn't. Plus he actually knows better than us about this subject for obvious reasons. This doesn't mean you have to accept all his words but give them more credit at least.

Now about that theory of the worm wholes and aliens and stuff:

3rd and to finish - If they stole us metal, why isn't there any evidence? Certainly there should be some kind of a lack of metals in rocks or so (I don't really know what I'm talking about but I'm sure there should be some kind of evidence somewhere). And why would they leave so much metal behind? If they needed metal so much, why not take it all from us?

And now the images. I have a short story for you guys. Spain's king wanted to see if the world was round or not because there was a lot of speculation on that. He had a lot of sailors so it was hard to choose who would go to prove that. So he organized a contest. The first to put an egg erect in a table without falling would go on the journey. They all said that that was impossible because the table was flat and the egg was round. Cristov„o Colombo said that was possible. Everyone thought he was ******ed and challenged him to do it. So he just smashed the lower part of the egg in the table and it stayed erect.

moral of the story: It may seem impossible but that only means you don't know how it is done. However when you prove that something is impossible, unless yo are wrong, it really is.

So to sum up, it's impossible that aliens landed on Earth to take our metal or any other material with 99,(9)% of sure; it's likely that if they want something, they'll get it to neighboring planets; there's absolutely no evidence at all that they came here (and even if they didn't want that, it's just not possible to steal something from us without leaving any proof or sign) AND not knowing something is the proof that aliens have ever been here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif I loved this post. It was like one of those history channel shows that gets their audience to actually pay attention. It's historical, factual, and a funny little story on the side with a moral to it.

Oh, I didn't say this before since I wasn't on here as much yesterday, but thanks for countering both Poodle's and my own post. I sent you a message if you really do want to tell me stuff about astrology and such. And I do give us enough credit. I don't have a problem admitting I'm confused about certain things and don't know as much as I wish I did, but I know we're capable of greater things. Can you not read all the times I told Poodle that of course we didn't need instructions about the general understanding of fire or how we can figure out arrows and such? It's just that I'd like more specifics on how they did it. If you can show me, cool.

I am still open to the idea of aliens though, like the same accident that happened which made us will have most likely have occurred elsewhere. NO chance Earth is the only planet out there, seeing as we don't know how far the universe extends.

Back to the actual discussion thing. I'm not one of the ones who said they came for resources. I always thought of them as a species who wanted to experiment and such, see what they could do with other lifeforms. That if the conditions were right and they could manipulate them. Like instead of being here at only one time they'd come back for periodic visits to check up on us. Or at least they used to until they saw that we really had no need for them to watch over us like that then slowly faded to more of a shadowy existence.

What I don't get and what makes me wonder on it is well...on pg 3 of this thread O6EvolutionIXMR posted up a bunch of different pictures. Look at the one second to last of the ruin with the repeating T shape design going inwards. It's not only that stuff like this exists, it's that the tools to which they've done them have never been found or shown up really. It's also because of it's precision that really makes you wonder.

Also on the subject of the Nazca lines of how they'd construct something without knowing what it looks like from above. And take in mind that the lines aren't that deep either, they are lightly made.

And just saying, I like talking about this stuff. It clears up the air for me about these topics, yah know?

LightRey
07-26-2011, 11:43 AM

3rd and to finish - If they stole us metal, why isn't there any evidence? Certainly there should be some kind of a lack of metals in rocks or so (I don't really know what I'm talking about but I'm sure there should be some kind of evidence somewhere). And why would they leave so much metal behind? If they needed metal so much, why not take it all from us? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps they're planet was depleted, or dying for whatever reason. Who says that they'd be going home, if they even have one? Maybe space is where they live now...

Maybe they didn't think it was habited, but a good planet that could sustain their numbers, and provide resources.

Maybe my last option was the more plausable one, and that's why nothing looks disturbed. Or maybe, after thousands of years, everything's settled, after taken only what they needed. Maybe they left some for us to, allowing us the ability to use it... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I really don't see where building things like the pyramids comes into this story of yours.

Poodle_of_Doom
07-26-2011, 06:57 PM

Maybe my last option was the more plausable one, and that's why nothing looks disturbed. Or maybe, after thousands of years, everything's settled, after taken only what they needed. Maybe they left some for us to, allowing us the ability to use it... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I really don't see where building things like the pyramids comes into this story of yours. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My whole point to any of this is that if they were to come here, we wouldn't know the reasons or circumstances surronding such a visitation. We don't even know if anything we've even talked about is relevant. Maybe they were just passing through, and one turned to the other and said "Hey Fred, you wanna see something cool? Huh? Do ya? You wanna see something cool?" And Fred, being a curious alien says yes,... and the first says "Watch this!' as they swoop in for a little visit. Upon leaving he tells Fred "Look at those idiots, they think we're God." Who knows....

LightRey
07-26-2011, 07:15 PM

I really don't see where building things like the pyramids comes into this story of yours. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My whole point to any of this is that if they were to come here, we wouldn't know the reasons or circumstances surronding such a visitation. We don't even know if anything we've even talked about is relevant. Maybe they were just passing through, and one turned to the other and said "Hey Fred, you wanna see something cool? Huh? Do ya? You wanna see something cool?" And Fred, being a curious alien says yes,... and the first says "Watch this!' as they swoop in for a little visit. Upon leaving he tells Fred "Look at those idiots, they think we're God." Who knows.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes, that's great, but that just means that all evidence there is can neither confirm nor deny the existence of these aliens since there isn't really anything conclusive we can say about them.
Our points aren't about proving they never came here, our points are about stating the unlikeliness that they've been here. So since all we have to go on here is what we know about the behavior of living beings, which basically leads to the conclusion that if they came here they completely went against anything we would think living beings would do in such a situation.
Again, of course these aliens aren't bound by what we have seen of the behavior of living beings, but anything else they could do is pure speculation and is therefore not a scientifically reliable theory.

Poodle_of_Doom
07-26-2011, 09:08 PM

My whole point to any of this is that if they were to come here, we wouldn't know the reasons or circumstances surronding such a visitation. We don't even know if anything we've even talked about is relevant. Maybe they were just passing through, and one turned to the other and said "Hey Fred, you wanna see something cool? Huh? Do ya? You wanna see something cool?" And Fred, being a curious alien says yes,... and the first says "Watch this!' as they swoop in for a little visit. Upon leaving he tells Fred "Look at those idiots, they think we're God." Who knows.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes, that's great, but that just means that all evidence there is can neither confirm nor deny the existence of these aliens since there isn't really anything conclusive we can say about them.
Our points aren't about proving they never came here, our points are about stating the unlikeliness that they've been here. So since all we have to go on here is what we know about the behavior of living beings, which basically leads to the conclusion that if they came here they completely went against anything we would think living beings would do in such a situation.
Again, of course these aliens aren't bound by what we have seen of the behavior of living beings, but anything else they could do is pure speculation and is therefore not a scientifically reliable theory. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True...

blazefp
07-27-2011, 04:35 AM

Again, of course these aliens aren't bound by what we have seen of the behavior of living beings, but anything else they could do is pure speculation and is therefore not a scientifically reliable theory. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sorry for being so against this but read my 3rd statement.
And as if that isn't enough, just because we don't know the reasons why they came here, doesn't mean they really did.
I'm sorry but I just ask for you to think a little before posting new ideas.
I never said it was impossible but every theory has a probability to be true, and the odds of this theory, as I see it, are 0,0000000000000000000000000000........1%

Poodle_of_Doom
07-27-2011, 12:01 PM

True... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sorry for being so against this but read my 3rd statement.
And as if that isn't enough, just because we don't know the reasons why they came here, doesn't mean they really did.
I'm sorry but I just ask for you to think a little before posting new ideas.
I never said it was impossible but every theory has a probability to be true, and the odds of this theory, as I see it, are 0,0000000000000000000000000000........1% </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dude, your absolutely right. Lets think a little before we speak. I've already admitted this is pure speculation, and nothing more than a thought on my part. Read what you quote troll.

blazefp
07-27-2011, 06:20 PM
Dude, your absolutely right. Lets think a little before we speak. I've already admitted this is pure speculation, and nothing more than a thought on my part. Read what you quote troll. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm...when did this became personal?
And guess what, what I said was also just a thought.
So if we can speculate freely, then why not say that maybe all this rocks were shaped by the world it self? Or gods? These are theories even more remote than the aliens theory. But hey, I'm merely speculating so it's ok to post it!

Just another thought http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif