PDA

View Full Version : just wondering bought this...

slo123
01-25-2006, 04:03 PM
i think i may be close to getting il2 gold
which means i'll have a way better time online right?
but Battle of Britan is comin right?
so is it gonna be mergeable with il2 forgotten battles, ace expansion pack, and pacific fighters?
which means everyone that buys it will be playin it that way which means i'll be all alone again? am i right or what?
and if i am i guess i cn buy bob f its gonna be sold at wal-mart if anyone has any answers or probable guesses hen let loose im open eared

(Please and Thankyou)

slo123
01-25-2006, 04:03 PM
so is it gonna be mergeable with il2 forgotten battles, ace expansion pack, and pacific fighters?
which means everyone that buys it will be playin it that way which means i'll be all alone again? am i right or what?
and if i am i guess i cn buy bob f its gonna be sold at wal-mart if anyone has any answers or probable guesses hen let loose im open eared

(Please and Thankyou)

MLudner
01-25-2006, 04:11 PM
Uh, I think FB Gold comes with everything but PF. PF is then installed merged with it and with the patches installed you'll be up-to-date.

Make sure you install the patches in the correct order and that you use only the "m" versions as those are for the merged version of FB/AEP/PF.

Low_Flyer_MkII
01-25-2006, 04:13 PM
BoB will not be compatable with any of the previous releases. It's some way away from release - get the gold pack and have some fun in the meantime...

MLudner
01-25-2006, 04:14 PM
BoB won't be. The program will be different, far advanced beyond the current version. It will stand on its own, but won't have all the aircraft available in FB/AEP/PF at first, so it will be some time before it will phase out PF.

slo123
01-25-2006, 05:32 PM
right right i gotcha and i will get fbgold when i find it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif still havent found it yet i realy wanted for b-day (tommorow) but i doubt its gonna happen,
i found on ubi.com for 40 bucks and then on amazon for 20 so is amazon reliable and will i get ripped off there and will the game be brand new if i got it there?

VW-IceFire
01-25-2006, 06:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by slo123:

(Please and Thankyou) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Nope....BoB will be a totally new product. Its still somewhat off into the future...maybe a year or maybe a bit more. We're not sure. Its going to use a completely new engine...its not going to be mergable with anything but it itself will be the launching grounds for future products which will probably once again be somehow merged together. I think part of this process will likely be to make the merging more like a plugin so that dropping a new expansion pack in or out is easier than at present.

No doubt Oleg has a method and formula that he will use thanks to lessons learned on the current generation.

Buy the Platinum or whatever it is when it comes out so you can play online and get all that content. You will not likely regret it.

slo123
01-25-2006, 10:07 PM
o hear about the platinum its the combat flight pack i beleive and some other guys told me its probable to be in the 40-50 us dollar range
and wil include il2 forgotten abttles the expansion pack and pacific fighters presumably patched up to the latest they say.
i just hope its sold at walmart because thats bought the biggest store close to me and its supposed to be out in mid febuary too, well supposed to be

Skycat_2
01-25-2006, 11:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by slo123:
i found on ubi.com for 40 bucks and then on amazon for 20 so is amazon reliable and will i get ripped off there and will the game be brand new if i got it there? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm looking at the Amazon.com page for Gold right now: $19.99 through the merchant J&R Music and Computer World. The linked vendor says that their copy is new; I believe that you'd be getting a good copy from a reputable merchant (Amazon is just the forum that lets vendors sell their wares; Amazon will contact J&R and then you'll get an e-mail of confirmation from J&R when they process your order). Shipping is going to cost you an extra $5.70 though. ($25.69 TTL)

I don't think J&R will sell out (they probably have several copies in stock) but if they do there is also a guy selling a used copy on half.com for $23.00 + $3.25 shipping. His copy doesn't have the manual but honestly the FB manual and PF manual are practically the same; also, the FB manual comes as a PDF file on Disc 2. Maybe Gold Pack didn't even include a printed manual; I have the two separate boxed games instead of Gold Pack so I don't know.
http://product.half.ebay.com/Strategic-Simulations-IL-2...QtgZinfoQQprZ6484336 (http://product.half.ebay.com/Strategic-Simulations-IL-2-Sturmovik-Forgotten-Battles-Gold_W0QQtgZinfoQQprZ6484336)

Bearcat99
01-26-2006, 06:14 AM
Glad to see you are coming up slo..... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

MLudner
01-26-2006, 10:11 AM
Amazon is reliable. I order lots of CD's and DVD's through them and get them in good order.