PDA

View Full Version : It's a real shame the game was fantastic

Anachroschism
04-17-2008, 01:05 AM
AC is a fantastic game with a great story. The environments are magnificent and the cities feel lively.

The only problem is that it ends, leaving me to want more and feeling that all that grandeur is wasted. With no reason to go back and do anything except repeat missions you've already done, with no variation except where you stand when you kill someone.

What was needed to fix this is dynamic Investigation missions. Which play slightly different each time you go through. Different NPCs in different locations and a random number of said missions. There is no reason why Citizen rescue missions couldnt respawn in random locations throughout the City, or other random fight/rescue missions.

The "Additional Memory" feature should have been access to "Free Roam". A mode filled with dynamic missions like above, but also with low priority random Assassination targets similar to the main story characters in setup, but without the story. This would have given you something to do while hunting for flags and Templars.

This would have given AC virtually unlimited replay value.

Anachroschism
04-17-2008, 01:05 AM
AC is a fantastic game with a great story. The environments are magnificent and the cities feel lively.

The only problem is that it ends, leaving me to want more and feeling that all that grandeur is wasted. With no reason to go back and do anything except repeat missions you've already done, with no variation except where you stand when you kill someone.

What was needed to fix this is dynamic Investigation missions. Which play slightly different each time you go through. Different NPCs in different locations and a random number of said missions. There is no reason why Citizen rescue missions couldnt respawn in random locations throughout the City, or other random fight/rescue missions.

The "Additional Memory" feature should have been access to "Free Roam". A mode filled with dynamic missions like above, but also with low priority random Assassination targets similar to the main story characters in setup, but without the story. This would have given you something to do while hunting for flags and Templars.

This would have given AC virtually unlimited replay value.

revoltingbunny
04-17-2008, 01:33 AM
yes, AC was a little boring, easy and short but just hold your horses... i bet AC2 will be better seeing that a higher majority of people hated it!! so if ubi are smart enough they could fix all the repetitive assassinations and the AI.

blarson11
04-17-2008, 01:49 AM
OMFG. This has really gotten out of hand. could you not scroll down the page and realize that every post that people make about this gets locked? wonder why? its because there are already SEVERAL people who have said the SAME EXACT THING. i would like to refer you to the quote in my sig, and introduce you to a little friend i like to call the find button. see it. use it. love it.

edit: in fact i am now changing my sig from that quote to what i just posted. you should still take a look at it....

Anachroschism
04-17-2008, 01:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by revoltingbunny:
yes, AC was a little boring, easy and short but just hold your horses... i bet AC2 will be better seeing that a higher majority of people hated it!! so if ubi are smart enough they could fix all the repetitive assassinations and the AI. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didnt say it was boring, just lacking replay value. I enjoy the game immensely.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blarson11:
OMFG. This has really gotten out of hand. could you not scroll down the page and realize that every post that people make about this gets locked? wonder why? its because there are already SEVERAL people who have said the SAME EXACT THING. i would like to refer you to the quote in my sig, and introduce you to a little friend i like to call the find button. see it. use it. love it.

edit: in fact i am now changing my sig from that quote to what i just posted. you should still take a look at it.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Everyone already suggested dynamic missions?

FYI. In every game ever released, there is always a crowd of people (most likely younger) who say "OMG THIS IS THE WORST GAME EVER". However, I enjoyed the game, I'd just like a reason to go back and play some more!

The search button wont help me find my own opinion now will it?

stix489
04-17-2008, 02:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> AC is a fantastic game with a great story. The environments are magnificent and the cities feel lively.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the only part I read...coz quite frankly, I'm too tired of reading these "AC WAZ GUD BUT N0T GUUD ENUFFZ" threads that are being made by the dozen every single freaking day http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

You have issues with AC? Well then ***** about it in the official thread for that reason, there are a few around actually http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> ***I would like to introduce you to a friend i call the Find Button. see it. use it. love it.*** </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In-freaking-deed http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Anachroschism
04-17-2008, 02:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stix489:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> AC is a fantastic game with a great story. The environments are magnificent and the cities feel lively.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the only part I read...coz quite frankly, I'm too tired of reading these "AC WAZ GUD BUT N0T GUUD ENUFFZ" threads that are being made by the dozen every single freaking day http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

You have issues with AC? Well then ***** about it in the official thread for that reason, there are a few around actually http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> ***I would like to introduce you to a friend i call the Find Button. see it. use it. love it.*** </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In-freaking-deed http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well maybe you should read the thread, instead of basing your reply off people who only read the title.

stix489
04-17-2008, 02:06 AM
Okay I just did that...and my view on this thread as being an "AC IS GOOD BUT NOT GOOD ENOUGH (for whatever reason)" thread still stands...

the_assassin_07
04-17-2008, 02:15 AM
Lol.

Okay lemme get this straight. You say you made this whole thread because other threads can't state your opinion yes?

Well that is the biggest load of rubbish I've ever heard. If you post in a thread with the same idea as this thread and then you state your opinion then people will listen to your opinion won't they!?

Using the method explained above will save the mods alot of time and stop a continuous (and I say continuous because hundreds of people have already done the exact same thing) waste of bandwidth.

Anachroschism
04-17-2008, 02:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stix489:
Okay I just did that...and my view on this thread as being an "AC IS GOOD BUT NOT GOOD ENOUGH (for whatever reason)" thread still stands... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well arent we the obstinate one.

Let me explain this another way.

AC was fantastic, I enjoyed the game so much that I'd like to keep playing it. The story was intriguing, the gameplay was good and the graphics were unbelievable and best of all I didnt have one single crash. I'm at no point saying the game was bad, or **** or lacking. Merely suggesting what would make it continuously playable for people who have finished the main story.

blarson11
04-17-2008, 02:16 AM
OMG you suggested "dynamic missions". my whole freaking point was to make that suggestion in one of the unlocked threads. add that to the ongoing discussion that people who share your opinion are having. yes your opinion can be found by using the search button btw http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif thanks for taking the time to check before saying that it couldn't be. this forum is absolutely flooded with repeat threads, which is hard on the servers, hard on the mods, and hard on the sanity of the people who dedicate a significant amount of time on these forums helping other people, or just having a good laugh with them.

Anachroschism
04-17-2008, 02:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by the_assassin_07:
Lol.

Okay lemme get this straight. You say you made this whole thread because other threads can't state your opinion yes?

Well that is the biggest load of rubbish I've ever heard. If you post in a thread with the same idea as this thread and then you state your opinion then people will listen to your opinion won't they!?

Using the method explained above will save the mods alot of time and stop a continuous (and I say continous because hundreds of people have already done the exact same thing) waste of bandwidth. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Feel free to point me to the other suggestions for dynamic mission content. All I've seen is people *****ing and complaining that "It's the worst game ever!".

blarson11
04-17-2008, 02:22 AM
no you havent seen only that. you just read that as the thread title and are using it to back up your argument. guess what, we've all read and contributed to those threads. and your "rephrasing" doesn't change the intent or proper location for your post http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Anachroschism
04-17-2008, 02:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blarson11:
OMG you suggested "dynamic missions". my whole freaking point was to make that suggestion in one of the unlocked threads. add that to the ongoing discussion that people who share your opinion are having. yes your opinion can be found by using the search button btw http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif thanks for taking the time to check before saying that it couldn't be. this thread is absolutely flooded with repeat threads, which is hard on the servers, hard on the mods, and hard on the sanity of the people who dedicate a significant amount of time on these forums helping other people, or just having a good laugh with them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's hard on the mods and servers is people who feel it necessary to reply to a thread they have no desire to contribute to in any meaningful fashion. Instead of just letting it go by.

Take that under consideration.

drego5
04-17-2008, 02:27 AM
Replying just because a Mod hasn't closed this yet.

Damn the man. Save the empire. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

PS: Part of the replay value is to use a different tactic. As in, one time you go in sneakily, next time it's all-out war. Another time it's all about the long-range throwing knives, etc. Another it's about throwing everyone around, into the merchant stands, and so on.

I guess this game is kinda like a snowflake, huh? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

stix489
04-17-2008, 02:27 AM
You see...I WOULD have let it slip, just like the previous 999999....but I guess yours was the unlucky millionth thread about the same damn topic, so I had to say something...no matter how meaningless it is to you or this thread http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

blarson11
04-17-2008, 02:28 AM
no one is going to contribute to this thread in what you would consider a meaningful fashion, as no one is going to jump in and say "OMG you're so right! blah blah blah". what is meaningful is the advice that we have all given you, which you appear to be choosing to ignore. in the future i would suggest you take it....

edit: at drego5: LMAO at your sig.

Anachroschism
04-17-2008, 02:36 AM
no one is going to contribute to this thread in what you would consider a meaningful fashion, as no one is going to jump in and say "OMG you're so right! blah blah blah". what is meaningful is the advice that we have all given you, which you appear to be choosing to ignore. in the future i would suggest you take it.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well still no one has actually pointed me to a thread that would be better suited for me to post my opinion in without getting flames.

I've read quite a few posts and a majority seem to be filled with sarcasm, flames and people asking for help. Yes there are some multiplayer suggestions, some questions about SDK and modding and many people paraphrasing "you're an idiot and how dare you have an opinion"

Why dont you guys point me to your own posts on meaningful and well thought out suggestions and I'll be happy to add my contribution to your cause. Of course I expect being the upstanding member of the community that you are (and not just a troll), that you would lead by example.

blarson11
04-17-2008, 02:42 AM
well i thoroughly enjoyed the game, so you wont find too much "next time they could do this" from me, but i will link you to the most recent one (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/6231033946) (this is the same one the mod linked to) so we can end this discussion without it getting too crazy

and you should look up what a troll is before implying that someone is one. you could be making a false accusation http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Anachroschism
04-17-2008, 02:56 AM
well i thoroughly enjoyed the game, so you wont find too much "next time they could do this" from me, but i will link you to the most recent one (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/6231033946) (this is the same one the mod linked to) so we can end this discussion without it getting too crazy

and you should look up what a troll is before implying that someone is one. you could be making a false accusation http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes there are some good points in that thread, but what's being suggested there is an entirely different game. He had issues with almost every asepect and honestly that is not something I wish to discuss.

A troll can be defined by many things, but Trolling in general is defined as posting with the intent of stirring up trouble or to incite disruption. An example of trolling would be posting to a thread without the intent to provide constructive suggestions or comments and instead making disruptive comments.

eg. Staying on topic.

BTW I have checked a few pages of your posts and stix's posts, looking for some constructive feedback that I could add my own feedback to, considering the high and mighty attitude, but I found nothing but random comments and "fill"

I'm not at all surprised if threads get locked on these boards.

blarson11
04-17-2008, 03:06 AM
there is no high and mighty attitude. there is people deeply grieved at others unwillingness to stick to basic forum decency. you could probably look back through the last least half of my total posts and not find too much that is constructive, because frankly, new and interesting topics stopped popping up a long time ago. you will also notice that most of my "fill and random chat" is in the random chat thread, or other threads with a similar goal of lightheartedness and socialization in mind. the same goes with stix's posts.

a troll is a person who posts on a message board with the intent of causing an argument or flame war (which is a paraphrase of what you just said). an example of a troll is someone who makes a post saying "all xbox users are ****** bags". they are obviously trying to start an argument. there was definitely an air of frustration in my post, but no hint of wanting to cause a flame war.

EDIT: just wanted to add that of course no one is saying the exact same thing you are. a discussion is not a discussion if everyone repeats the same thing over and over. the general concept is the same though, and thats why a mod highlighted that thread to use for such discussions

ScytheOfGrim
04-17-2008, 08:04 AM
Why all the hate?
Where's the love?!

Hmm... that doesn't fit under my name... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Everyone already suggested dynamic missions? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Just because nobody suggested it doesn't make it a valid reason to make a thread. Put it int a related thread.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The search button wont help me find my own opinion now will it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No, it will help you find someone that either shares that opinion, or could make use of it.
Do not show yourself as ignorant or arrogant, it is not difficult to do a simple search.
A sentence like that should have never been posted.

And to address the rest of the people infesting this thread and replied to him in such a manner:

Calm bloody down.

Although this thread isn't really needed, your posts are needed even less.

And just because I can...
Why is it a shame that you enjoyed the game?
Are good games hated nowadays? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

Twistytwistytwist...

JaegerCaptain
04-17-2008, 08:53 AM
Militant fanbois aren't much better than haters.