PDA

View Full Version : Unused samples

Freie_Jagd
06-24-2006, 11:51 AM
Hello there.
I found that many of the voice samples ,stored in the C:\Program Files\Ubi Soft\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles\samples\Speech folder are not used in game.Is there any way to set some kind of triggers for those .wav's to be used?

Freie_Jagd
06-24-2006, 11:51 AM
Hello there.
I found that many of the voice samples ,stored in the C:\Program Files\Ubi Soft\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles\samples\Speech folder are not used in game.Is there any way to set some kind of triggers for those .wav's to be used?

Platypus_1.JaVA
06-28-2006, 11:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I found that many of the voice samples ,stored in the C:\Program Files\Ubi Soft\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles\samples\Speech folder are not used in game.Is there any way to set some kind of triggers for those .wav's to be used? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sooo, what are you talking about exactly? Do you mean specific .WAV files or all of the .WAV files in a certain directory?

Treetop64
06-28-2006, 07:07 PM
I think what he's mentioning is that some of the speech files for a given nationality are never used during gameplay. I've noticed that too, while playing through all the .wav files in the DE folder. I've played this game for years now, and there were a bunch of samples in there that I never heard in the game itself under any context.

One I thought was kinda funny was "Are you okay? Are you ill?"

Freie_Jagd
06-29-2006, 05:24 AM
Yes.That's what i have in mind.Did u notice that the "Mission completed,ltes go home" etc message is no longer in use in the latest version of the game? It was used in FB,AEP too (i think),but since PF some messages have just dissapeared from the game.I think that good radio chatter makes a wonderfull "climate" in game (immersion),that's why i was wondering if there is any way to make those rarely used wav's to get used more often.

Bearcat99
07-01-2006, 07:03 AM
Hmmmm I wonder if there is a way to modify the triggers for chat.. I know you can substitute voices....

henriksultan
07-01-2006, 11:58 AM
That would be awsome!
getting kinda tired of these same old radio messages, some variation would be nice.

"Follow your leader" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

BfHeFwMe
07-03-2006, 02:06 PM
Many of those are only heard while flying a multi-seat aircraft. The backseaters in Stukas and Il-2's have several of their own lines not used in any other planes, seeing as it originally was a Il-2 sim there's quite a few. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif