PDA

View Full Version : IL-2 Centre -- I am totally lost!

Andolf
02-10-2004, 07:20 AM
Ever since the initial release of IL-2, IL-2 Centre (http://www.il2center.com/) has been universally listed as an "important" or "imperitive" fan sight for fans of this sim. I have been to that site numerous times, and understand its apparant purpose, but there appars to be nothing to download or do there. So, my question is this: What am I missing? Were is the highly rated improtant information that IL-2 fans are supposed to be going there to view?

This in NOT meant as a dis of the site -- so don't flame me. I just want to know what I am missing, or what I am doing wrong when visiting that sit.

Andolf

Andolf
02-10-2004, 07:20 AM
Ever since the initial release of IL-2, IL-2 Centre (http://www.il2center.com/) has been universally listed as an "important" or "imperitive" fan sight for fans of this sim. I have been to that site numerous times, and understand its apparant purpose, but there appars to be nothing to download or do there. So, my question is this: What am I missing? Were is the highly rated improtant information that IL-2 fans are supposed to be going there to view?

This in NOT meant as a dis of the site -- so don't flame me. I just want to know what I am missing, or what I am doing wrong when visiting that sit.

Andolf

aerick2
02-10-2004, 07:25 AM
I don't visit the site personally, but I think it's meant to be a source of information rather than an IL-2 file center.

Andolf
02-10-2004, 07:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aerick2:
I don't visit the site personally, but I think it's meant to be a source of information rather than an IL-2 file center.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, but where is the information? The site appears to contain only development screen shots of "addon" aircraft that never seem to actually be completed and available for DL.

Rajvosa
02-10-2004, 07:33 AM
I agree with Andolf (A(n)dolf?). Il2 Center is a weird site. Nothing to read, nothing to get. What is their purpose?

http://stu.wccnet.org/~ecrnovrs/inp150/finalp/sarajevo1/images/sarajevo.jpg

aerick2
02-10-2004, 07:35 AM
Beats me! I only visited the site just now for the first time, and I only glanced around on it.

ZG77_Lignite
02-10-2004, 09:51 AM
You gentlemen are apparently fairly new to the Il-2 community. I'll give you a little bit of background, since you asked.

Il-2 Center was a website setup by Luthier (Luthier was also a modeler, with the Bi-1, I=16, and TB-3 under his belt), who's name you may have seen. He was a member of the community like you or me, who put in a lot of time and effort to coordinate and get together the 3rd party modelers of Il-2. He was a 'liason' type between Oleg and the hordes of modelers who wanted to build an airplane.

At some point in the past, his website was attacked by hackers, and he as well was attacked by community 'members' (read: Crackpots) with legal problems (baseless and resolved I believe). The modeling community had no more leadership, until new members of the community stepped up to fill the role, namely Gibbage, Burnin, and Netwings.org (the current home of the modeling community).

Luthier is back now (evidenced by the Ardennes map, Ki-84, made by him and in the game now), and is working directly with Oleg now, on both the 'Battle Of Europe' addon, and a future unannounced 'stand alone' sim using the FB engine. Likely as more information of this future project is revealed it will appear at Il2-center.com