PDA

View Full Version : No joystick

Trinity_Jay
01-06-2010, 08:40 AM
S!

Now that I have 4.09 running, I am now having troubles in getting my MSFS2 working. I have set the stick in the IL-2 set up and it has callibrated no problem. I have done the same with the X52 throttle and CH pedals. However, in the game when testing, I can use the throttle and its buttons, but no rudder. Also, I cannot use the stick, but it's buttons work.

Any suggestions?

Jay

Trinity_Jay
01-06-2010, 08:40 AM
S!

Now that I have 4.09 running, I am now having troubles in getting my MSFS2 working. I have set the stick in the IL-2 set up and it has callibrated no problem. I have done the same with the X52 throttle and CH pedals. However, in the game when testing, I can use the throttle and its buttons, but no rudder. Also, I cannot use the stick, but it's buttons work.

Any suggestions?

Jay

JtD
01-06-2010, 08:46 AM
It sounds as if you haven't set up your stick in the controls menue.

Trinity_Jay
01-06-2010, 08:51 AM
Although the set up recognises the stick, the control menu does not, although I can fire and get force feedback. Help!

AndyJWest
01-06-2010, 09:30 AM
Have you set the joystick axis controls in the HOTAS section of the control menu.

If you are having problems doing this, you may find the relevant parts of Bearcat's Nugget's Guide (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/9121094645) helpful.

Tuphlandng
01-06-2010, 10:08 AM
You may need to re map your stick.
When I plugged in My CH pedals My stick settings went into siber void and had to be re mapped in game

Trinity_Jay
01-06-2010, 10:36 AM
Thanks, Tuph.

Any idea on how I can remap the stick and pedals?

Jay

Ba5tard5word
01-06-2010, 11:29 AM
When you start up the game, go to the control settings--the settings for all the buttons like throttle, engine, etc. All the way at the bottom are the HOTAS stuff. Click to the right of the HOTAS settings and move your stick to get the settings you want, I'm not at my computer so I'm not sure what the settings are called, X Axis or Elevator or something like that, someone else can explain better.

Also make sure you don't have any other joysticks or gamepad plugged in because the game might think the other gamepad is the one you want to use in the game and not use your flight stick for the game.

Chivas
01-06-2010, 11:31 AM
In the game go to Controls...go down to Hotas Control section...left click to the right of Ailerons,Elevators, and Rudder... and move your joystick in the appropriate directions. If you find one of the controls reversed in game, go back through the steps and move the controller in the opposite direction.

Trinity_Jay
01-06-2010, 12:26 PM
Thank you, gentlemen. It was my new hub that was the culprit as it seems okay with SFX and Rise of Flight. Disabled it and many thanks!

Jay