PDA

View Full Version : Kamakaze Mission

billclarke1
11-08-2004, 01:53 PM
I created a kamakaze mission last night, and as Snootles suggested, by having a attack point at the ship with no other waypoints the planes crashed in to the ships (or rather attempted to)
I set up 2 flights of Betty's with 600lb bombs and 1 flight of Zeros with 250lb bombs to attack the USS Indianpolis and Ward.
I started out with both ships going at 25k, but none of the A/C went near them, so i made them stationary, the ships started firing before I could see the planes, and kept it up thoughout the attack. None of the Bettys got through all shot down, but 2 Zeros hit the Indy, and sank her !!! I have my doubts about this, (anybody got some thoughts on this ?). It was good to watch, at one stage a Betty made a run at the Indy and got chewed up and crashed short of her, just after this flaming wreckage showered around the cruiser then from behind me, a zero plowed into the Indy's midship followed by another Zero from the other side in to the midship section, and down she went.
Later i added a flight of Kates with torps, going after the Indy, but none of them attacked, don't know what happened there.

billclarke1
11-08-2004, 01:53 PM
I created a kamakaze mission last night, and as Snootles suggested, by having a attack point at the ship with no other waypoints the planes crashed in to the ships (or rather attempted to)
I set up 2 flights of Betty's with 600lb bombs and 1 flight of Zeros with 250lb bombs to attack the USS Indianpolis and Ward.
I started out with both ships going at 25k, but none of the A/C went near them, so i made them stationary, the ships started firing before I could see the planes, and kept it up thoughout the attack. None of the Bettys got through all shot down, but 2 Zeros hit the Indy, and sank her !!! I have my doubts about this, (anybody got some thoughts on this ?). It was good to watch, at one stage a Betty made a run at the Indy and got chewed up and crashed short of her, just after this flaming wreckage showered around the cruiser then from behind me, a zero plowed into the Indy's midship followed by another Zero from the other side in to the midship section, and down she went.
Later i added a flight of Kates with torps, going after the Indy, but none of them attacked, don't know what happened there.