PDA

View Full Version : Question about CH stick design

Gwalker70
04-13-2005, 11:17 AM
I bought the CH stick 568.... will I ever get used to the loose spring style? I had a tight spring stick before and now while I love the smoothness and accuracy of the CH as a whole,,, its hard sometimes to handle all the travel and looseness when actually in combat

Kasdeya
04-13-2005, 11:47 AM
I was the same way. How to tighten it, i asked. no worries, you will get used to it. It has more precise throw and feel than my old joystick. still there are times where i would like a 'not so loose' movement, thats when i adjust my settings to be a bit less sensitive.

TgD Thunderbolt56
04-13-2005, 11:58 AM
There's not a definitive way to tighten the travel tension on the stick without some "unauthorized" modification. I ripped apart some of my older CH sticks simply to investigate their manufacture and can see what's going on in there. A replacement spring modified for the purpose could be installed with a tighter tension but I actually prefer the light hand required because when I finally do get some flying time I can be on for as much as 4-6 hours and the light throw aids those longer sessions.

TB

Gwalker70
04-13-2005, 12:01 PM
is the spring in there a generic spring that I can find in a hardware store that is tighter?

TooCooL34
04-13-2005, 01:04 PM
Tighter tension is not better tension. That's a myth. Combat stick's tension is pretty precise and comfortable (and realistic)

TgD Thunderbolt56
04-13-2005, 04:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gwalker70:
is the spring in there a generic spring that I can find in a hardware store that is tighter? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not that I'm aware of. A little mechanical engineering would go a long way in this instance. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

TB

horseback
04-13-2005, 08:47 PM
I've had a Combatstick for about two years now, and I couldn't fly a sim without it. My advice to you is to find another way to work out that overdeveloped forearm...

I found that 16 ounce wrist curls are very effective-particularly with a long necked bottle.

cheers

horseback