PDA

View Full Version : Male or Female Assassin

samward
06-11-2010, 08:31 AM
OK lets end this crazy argument once and for all. Majority wins...

NOTE: no sexist comments please and this poll has been updated so please recast your vote http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Murcuseo
06-11-2010, 08:52 AM
Could we not have a don't care option, cause personally it wouldn't bother me either way

samward
06-11-2010, 08:58 AM
i really only put it up cause there seems to be a lot of "arguments" about the subject so thought a majority vote could solve the problem once and for all...

wanderer77
06-11-2010, 09:26 AM
im not against having female assassins, but i would prefer it in AC4. i prefer to have Desmond's assassin trilogy with males, and once Desmonds's story is over we can move to a new assassin trilogy with new characters and new assassins and new story. we already to 4 possibilities (Lucy, Rebecca, the 2 female assassins we saw in Altair's armor tomb).

Torro747
06-11-2010, 10:49 AM
I would consider not buying the game if it was a female.

Murcuseo
06-11-2010, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Torro747:

I'd ask why but I don't think I want to open that wound lol

Torro747
06-11-2010, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Robson19822009:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Torro747:

I'd ask why but I don't think I want to open that wound lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol no wound, just a preference in video game heroes

DJBare
06-11-2010, 01:09 PM
Oh boy!, whatever happened to the word "Option"; I see quite a lot of threads on the web where the vote is one or the other but nothing in between, in Fallout 3 I have played both male and female because the "option" is available, I will not vote in this one because I would like the "option" of both.

Marius_Darkwolf
06-11-2010, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by DJBare:
Oh boy!, whatever happened to the word "Option"; I see quite a lot of threads on the web where the vote is one or the other but nothing in between, in Fallout 3 I have played both male and female because the "option" is available, I will not vote in this one because I would like the "option" of both.

I think that would be nearly impossible as they are telling a specific ancestors story. Kind of takes that away when you're able to choose boy or girl

samward
06-11-2010, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Marius_Darkwolf:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DJBare:

I completely agree http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I think that would be nearly impossible as they are telling a specific ancestors story. Kind of takes that away when you're able to choose boy or girl </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Six_Gun
06-11-2010, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Robson19822009:
Could we not have a don't care option, cause personally it wouldn't bother me either way LOL, male, female, or unic.

Seriously though, the option to choose genders in your character's appearance would be appealing to many of the female players I suppose, then again, you can't do that in Tomb Raider and it's never hurt that series one bit.

DJBare
06-11-2010, 03:37 PM
It's a wrong comparison as the main character for the Tomb Raider story's IS female, there is a secondary character in AC2 who help Dennis, I do not remember her name, but it would not be difficult to also make her a main character that uses the Animus.

JakeSealey
06-11-2010, 04:51 PM
Sorry but i wanna see a chick assassin for once.

gamertam
06-11-2010, 10:27 PM
I've said before and i'm gonna say it now again. "not yet!" maybe when Ubisoft is in a dead end and want something new, they can alway write for a female assassin. But as for now, No. Not yet at least.
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Six_Gun
06-12-2010, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by DJBare:
It's a wrong comparison as the main character for the Tomb Raider story's IS female, there is a secondary character in AC2 who help Dennis, I do not remember her name, but it would not be difficult to also make her a main character that uses the Animus. No it isn't wrong, you're just reading the point wrong. Why should it matter what gender the main character started as in a series? You stay with it, or change it. I'm saying it shouldn't matter not changing it, as long as the story and game in general are good, people will play it and not be bothered with the gender of the main character one way or the other. My point is the story and gameplay are far more important than having a gender choice of the main character.

antwnis1994
06-12-2010, 03:10 AM
i dont care i just want it to have more than 4 games

samward
06-12-2010, 08:37 AM
I think that Desmond is the main character of the games..in around about way, but non the less the main character. So when we play Ezio or Altair we see Desmond in their skin, if you know what I mean...and if we had to see him in female skin that would just feel weird...hahah

So in the end I don't think it has ANYTHING to do with strength and endurance, I think is has everything to do with how Ubi have set up the game. I agree with those who have said that a female assassin could make another set of games, but until then I really think they need to stick to male ancestors.

Account_Deleted
06-12-2010, 08:39 AM
maybe you should of added a "both" or " either way"
cause this can start sexist arguments

Black_Widow9
06-12-2010, 12:57 PM
Please make sure this Topic doesn't turn into a gender war or I will have to close it.
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

ALTAIRXEZIO
06-20-2010, 02:36 PM
i dont even care... i never got the point of gender in video game characters, and why it matters.....

People say oh it represents the player, no it doesn't.. its not like your a freaking assassin, or gun toting hero... your just a gamer...

desmond is the main character of Assassins' Creed, not Altair or ezio, Desmond...

and i dont see why he could not have a female ancestor assassin..

but to me it doesn't matter